InuYasha Fan Fiction ❯ The Frog Houshi ❯ Menace to Womankind ( Chapter 4 )

[ P - Pre-Teen ]


IV. Menace to Womankind

"How are we supposed to change him back? We don't know how he got into this mess in the first place." Sango stared at the frog in concentration.

"He could be possessed by a demon," Shippo suggested.

"Maybe. But how do we get him un-possessed? He was the exorcist."

They were getting frustrated. They didn't even know where to start.

"Yeah," Shippo sighed. "I think we should wait until Inuyasha and Kagome get back. Maybe Kagome could somehow purify him."

Sango snorted and gave the frog, Miroku, an evil look. "Purify him! Is that even possible?" The frog looked taken aback at her words.

"It's worth a try," Shippo replied, oblivious to the sarcasm of her tone.

Sango rolled her eyes and shook her head. "I think we need a break."

"Yeah," Shippo agreed. "Here." He took Kagome's book and sat by Sango. "Look at these pictures, they're so pretty."

"Hmm," Sango answered half-heartedly. But something caught her eye.

"Wait Shippo! Go back a bit…there, what's that?" she pointed to a picture of a pretty girl with a crown holding a frog to her lips.

"I don't know, it looks like she's kissing him."

"Why would she do that?" Sango wanted to know. She looked disgusted at the thought of kissing a frog.

"I don't know. Kagome haven't read that one yet. Guess we'll have to wait for her to come back."

Sango sighed. The frog was getting a little annoying - more annoying than when he was human - by always trying to find his way down her shirt or into her sleeping bag. Besides, she kind of missed Houshi-sama as a person. As annoying as he was, he was a good listener, and he could be really sweet and caring at times. She wished Kagome would come back sooner.


For the next couple of days, Sango kept herself busy. She pretty much ignored the frog-houshi, leaving Shippo and Kirara to entertain him. She was still embarrassed about the conversation and so kept her distance. She was also furious that he dared to go down her kimono. She wouldn't be so mad if it was just an ordinary frog, animals didn't know better. But that was no ordinary frog, that was the perverted monk, and he did it on purpose.

She did not feel sorry for him at all, partly because of those incidents, but also because it was his own fault he got turned into a frog. She wasn't sure how he became a frog, but since his clothes were found near the spot where she was bathing, she was quite sure that he was on his way to spy on her. Serves him right!

Sango was so angry that as she washed her clothes, she thought up ways to punish him. She wondered Kirara would like a chew toy. Or if her friends would be mad at her if she served them frog soup.

She chuckled. Okay, maybe that was a bit extreme. There are some advantages. Since he was a frog, and much smaller, it would take much longer for him to follow her when she went bathing. By the time he got there, she would be done.

Hmm, maybe she should ask Kagome to bring one of those "tranquilizer gun" things that the miko always talked about, for when Inuyasha was being annoying. Or maybe a cage would do. That way, Miroku could never follow her.


"Kagome! Thank goodness you're here!" Shippo ran up to the miko and gave her a big hug.

"I missed you too Shippo," Kagome hugged him back.

"What's with these robes?" Inuyasha asked as he clawed through the pile of Miroku's clothes. He sniffed the air. "And why is Miroku's scent different?"

Sango giggled nervously. "That's why we are glad you are back. You see, we ran into a small problem…"

"What kind of problem?" asked Kagome.

"Houshi-sama is um, well," Sango started.

"He's been turned into a frog, and we don't know how to turn him back!" Shippo finished for her.

"Hahaha! A frog!!" Inuyasha burst out laughing, not because he didn't believe it, for he could smell amphibian mixed with Miroku's scent, but because it was hilarious to him.

But Kagome was skeptical. "What do you mean? Where is he?" she asked as she sat down on a boulder.

Kirara walked up and mewed. The frog was sitting on her head. Kagome picked him up and looked at Sango strangely.

"How do you know it's him?" So Sango pointed out the cloth and prayer beads to her. Inuyasha stopped laughing long enough to take a sniff and confirm it was indeed Miroku.

"Okay, now we are sure it's Miroku, how do we change him back?" Kagome asked.

"We were hoping you'd know," Shippo answered her.

The frog croaked, and he has the most innocent look on his face. "Aw, he's so cute! Maybe we should keep him this way," Kagome said as she cooed to the frog.

"Yeah, there are some advantages," Sango agreed. "However, there is one disadvantage. With his size, he tends to - Kagome watch out!" she exclaimed.

But her warning came too late. Miroku had already decided to take his opportunity while the girls were talking to jump onto Kagome's leg. Then he proceeded to lifting the hem of her skirt and darted underneath.

Kagome's eyes widened. She screamed, pulled the frog out, and threw him to Sango, who punished the pervert by chucking him as far as she could without killing him.

"Are, you okay Kagome?" she asked tentatively.

The miko's face was beet red with anger and embarrassment. She nodded her head.

"You're right Sango. He may look cute, but he's a bigger menace to womankind as a frog. We have to change him back as soon as possible." Kagome was still red. She felt violated, and the bursts of laughter from the jerk in red didn't help.

"Stop laughing you jerk!" she yelled at Inuyasha, who was doubling over with laughter. "It's not funny!"

"You…should…have…seen your…face!" he gasped out in between bursts of laughter. This made Kagome madder. She was about to yell out the word, but the hanyou wasn't finished.

"A…frog…monk…wonder…what…the girls…would say…if…he asks…them…to bear…his…children…"

Sango giggled. She tried to imagine what that would be like. Not too many girls liked frogs that much. But Kagome wasn't amused.

"It's not funny! We have a problem at our hands. I'd appreciate it if you'd stop laughing."

Inuyasha just laughed harder. "Even if…they agree, how…is he…going…to - "

"Inuyasha!" Kagome exclaimed, cutting him off. She sighed. "I tried asking you nicely. Sit boy," she said calmly.It worked. Inuyasha stopped laughing immediately. He got up from the hole he made and started yelling at Kagome. But that resulted in another sitting.