InuYasha Fan Fiction ❯ The Frog Houshi ❯ True Love's First Kiss ( Chapter 9 )

[ P - Pre-Teen ]

 

IX. True Love's First Kiss

"Well," Sango sighed and took a deep breath. "Are you ready Houshi-sama?"

The frog in her hands closed his eyes and grinned. He looked very happy. Yep, he was ready all right.

"Enjoy your last moments as a frog, hopefully. But if this doesn't work, we are going to have to find another solution. I'm not kissing you anymore," she warned, but the frog didn't seem to listen.

"Pucker up froggy." Sango took a deep breath, closed her eyes, held the frog in front of her face like she did before and leaned forward…

The moment her lips touched the frog's mouth, there was a flash of light that was so bright that Sango could detect through her eyelids. The frog's skin was heating up so she let go of his sides. She waited for the light to pass so she could open her eyes safely, but something distracted her.

The cold and slimy feeling against her lips turned warm and soft and sweet. She kept her eyes closed to enjoy the exhilarating sensation that was running through her veins, and shivered as she felt a tingle run down her spine. She didn't want this to end, so as he began to pull away, she reached up with her hands and grasped his warm shoulders to pull him closer to her.

But she froze as she realized that his shoulders felt odd. Instead of the soft fabric of his robes, her hand was touching…was it skin?

Without breaking the kiss, her eyes popped open and she cautiously looked at where her hand was on his shoulder out of the corner of her eye.

Yep, it was skin she was touching all right.

Assured that she wasn't going crazy, she turned back to the kiss and closed her eyes, only to pop them open a split second later.

Wait, skin? Her heart sped up. What about his robes? Uh oh…

"Eek!" Sango broke away with a yelp and turned around quickly before she saw anything. Her heart was pounding like crazy. Not only was it pounding because of the exhilarating feeling of kissing him, but also from embarrassment.

Why was she embarrassed? Because she forgot.

Forgot what?

She forgot that he was naked. That's right.

Naked.

Sango had forgotten about the pile of robes that was left on the forest floor. She had forgotten that frogs didn't wear clothes, well, except the cloth and prayer beads that sealed the Kazaana, but that was because it was a part of him and he needed it.

"Sango?" Miroku croaked out, [haha! I made a pun! Ahem, never mind…] his voice sounded strange from disuse. He cleared his throat and tried again.

"Sango? Are you all right? What's wr - "

"Stay right there, don't move!" Sango said quickly. Using her hands to shield her vision, she practically ran to the tent, grabbed the pile of robes, and walked sideways back to where he was standing, confused by her actions. She stood so that her back was to him, and without turning around, handed him the robes.

"Thanks Sango, ah… oh, right! I'll be um, ahem. I'll be back." Sango could hear the embarrassment in Miroku's voice. Then she heard footsteps going away from her. She let out a sigh of relief, but still didn't turn around.

"You can look now," a voice said behind her. "Really, I'm dressed. I swear," he added when Sango didn't move. She was a bit suspicious that he might be lying, considering his lecherous nature.

"Look," Miroku walked to her and stuck an arm into her view from behind. A clothed arm.

Sango sighed with relief and turned around. Her heart skipped a beat. When did he go and get so handsome? She had forgotten how good-looking he was. His laughing violet eyes were on her, and she couldn't help but smile.

"Now, where were we?" he leaned forward and kissed her lips tenderly. Sango kissed him back happily. This time, there were no distractions.