InuYasha Fan Fiction ❯ The Fugitive ❯ Guilt ( Chapter 1 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]


A/N: Okay, all I have to say is that I practically know nothing about law, court terms, and other stuff of that nature. At the moment, my main source of info is my mother who watches a ton of ‘Law & Order’, ‘Criminal Minds’, ‘CSI’, etc. I haven’t really done any real research on it as of yet, but I might have to later on. The reason I’m telling you this is so that if I make any mistakes, you can please let me know and I can fix it (if I can do it without messing up the whole storyline). Anyway, hope you enjoy… The first chapters might be a little dark, but it won‘t be nearly as much later on in the chapters.

Disclaimer: I do not own Inuyasha… blah, blah, blah… You get the idea. I own nothing!

~ * ~

The Fugitive ch. 1

All closing arguments had been made and the court was making the final verdict.

Inuyasha ran a clawed hand through his silver bangs. His eyes burned from lack of sleep and there was noticeable dark circles under his golden eyes. He didn’t care what they said. He didn’t kill Kikyou. He loved her… Or at least he did love her. She had cheated on him. Of course he was upset… he was hurt. When he had saw her, his fiancé, with another man in their bed…

Inuyasha felt a pang of anger and rage ran through him at the thought before sighing. Maybe he did kill her. He’d lost it in that moment he’d saw them. He couldn’t remember much. Mostly everything was a blur of that night. Sure, he’d roughed the guy up a little… okay, so not a little. He beat the shit out of him. But that didn’t mean he was a killer, did it?

Inuyasha let out another heavy sigh. Somehow, his fiancé and the guy she was with had both ended up dead with his prints all over the murder weapon. It wasn’t looking good for him. Inuyasha remembered the last time he’d spoken to Kikyou before she was murdered. He could still smell the perfume he’d bought for her, the sweet scent of the flowery shampoo in her hair, and her beautiful smiling face…

Was he a murderer?

The question taunted him, plaguing his mind with horrorific scenes in which he cold-bloodedly murdered them both; the dark, crimson blood staining the white sheets of their bed, the floor, the wall, everywhere…

Red roses laid on the floor with shattered glass littered around them. The blood curdling screaming until finally, dead silence...

A limp hand with a simple silver ring that was supposed to hold so much value and meaning, now covered in blood… covered in death; the very thing in which the woman he would have given his life for, would’ve promised him in return; life… with him. “Till death do us part,” he could hear the delicate lips of his former fiancé silently whisper. Pale skin framed by raven hair, her lifeless grey eyes stared into never-ending nothingness…

Awaking from his nightmare, Inuyasha shook his head in a useless attempt to rid it of the gruesome images. His hands and breath shook and there was a lump in his throat. Inuyasha buried his head in his hands. Sweat ran down his forehead.

Was he a murderer? He really didn’t know, but everyone else seemed to think so. He was struggling to hold on to the last once of sanity he still had left. He was so confused to the point of doubting his own innocence. No matter how much Kikyou had hurt him, he could never harm her. He couldn’t of done it. All he could do was plead innocent and hope he really was and by a miracle, some kind of evidence would prove him right.

~ * ~

Kagome sighed after finally getting home from working late. Glancing at the clock, it was 8:00pm.

“Kagome, I’m leaving. Souta’s in his room, grandpa is sleeping, and there should be some leftovers in the fridge if you get hungry,” Kagome’s mother ranted her usual speech. Emergency numbers on the fridge, no boys, no parties…

“I won’t, mom.“ Kagome reassured, resisting the urge to roll her eyes. Kagome was 19 years old now and never in those years had she ever acted out in any way.

After her mom kissed her on the forehead, she reluctantly left for work as she usually did. After she was gone, Kagome sighed once more, flopping down on the couch and grabbing the remote from the coffee table, she flipped on the TV.

“-onvicted of killing his fiancé, Kikyou Utada, 22 year old Inuyasha Taisho was found guilty earlier today…”

A mug shot of a man appeared on the screen. ‘Too bad that guy killed his fiancé, he’s kinda cute.’ Kagome rolled her eyes at herself and Kagome flipped off the TV.

~ * ~

A/N: About my other fics… I WILL finish them sooner or later, I promise! Even if it takes me a year or two… Since school has started back up, it’s hard for me to keep up with all my stories that I’ve started. Besides that, it’s finals week!! XP Anyway, I guess I’m just kind of bored with them at the moment and lacking inspiration, so I figured I needed something new to spark my interest again and get back into the habit of updating… Until next time… !!!! ^_^