InuYasha Fan Fiction ❯ The Fugitive ❯ Chapter 2

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]
A/N: Most of you probably won’t like this chapter, (& you will find out why soon enough,) but it’s kind of important for building up depth to the story. I’ll explain more after the chapter is over with…

~ * ~

The Fugitive ch. 2

Kikyou sighed after a long day supposedly having a ‘girl‘s night out’ and pulled her car beside the jaguar that sat in the driveway. Kikyou checked her makeup and hair, making sure nothing looked out of place, before shutting off the car and stepping out onto the pavement in her heels.

“Inuyasha,” Kikyou called, slipping off her jacket and shutting the front door. “Inuyasha, I’m home,” she repeated when there wasn’t an answer. But there was still nothing. The house seemed to be deserted.

As she entered the living room, Kikyou laid her coat on the back of the sofa.
A ghost of a smile graced the corner of her lips as she saw candles emitting a soft glow in the otherwise dark room, placed along the mantle of the fire place and randomly around the room. She noticed a trail on red rose petals leading back the way she had come through the entry and up the stairs.

Inuyasha was so romantic sometimes… A small tinge of guilt briefly tugged at her chest.

Switching her attention back to the trail of rose petals, her excitement growing, she followed them upstairs and through the hallway until she finally reached the bedroom. The petals led her to the bed where there sat a small, square box with a signature and logo of a jewelry store printed on it surrounded in rose petals strewn across the bed spread.

Kikyou’s breath caught in her throat and her eyes began to water. Was that what she thought it was? Picking it up, Kikyou pulled it open and her chest tightened and confusion and disappointment displayed in her expression.

The box was empty.

Kikyou gasped as strong arms enclosed around her small waist from behind and pulled her body against theirs.

"You have to say ‘yes’ first," Inuyasha whispered huskily into her ear, leaning down and snuggling his face in her flowery-scented hair, placing small, affectionate kisses along her neck and collar bone. His actions caused an electrifying charge between them and Kikyou leaned into his warm embrace before turning in his hold to face him, unable to resist the intense tide of desire. She slipped her hands under his shirt, running them down his hard chest and lean frame, daring to travel lower.

“Hn,” Inuyasha grunted, his muscles tensing beneath her touch. Bringing her hands to his lips, he kissed her knuckle gently. “your hands are cold,” he whispered in response to her questioning look.

After rubbing them in attempt to restore their warmth, he intertwined his hand with one of hers and brought the other one to his lips again, kissing it tenderly until he reached the tip of her finger. He slipped it into his mouth, a smirk tugging at the corner of his mouth at her expression, sucking it and gliding his warm, wet tongue over her fingertip sending her over the edge. Still having hold of her other hand, he intertwined his fingers with hers. He released her finger and stroked the outline of her face. Leaning in, he brushed his soft lips lightly and teasingly against hers.

Kikyou inhaled deeply. Never in her entire life had she wanted so desperately to be kissed as badly as she did right now. She raked her fingers through his tousled hair, fisting a handful of his silver locks and pulled his to her lips.

Recovering after being so abruptly caught off guard, Inuyasha allowed her tongue to force its way into his mouth, sweeping along the roof. Inuyasha welcomed the gesture they engaged in a heated battle for dominance. They broke apart minutes later, panting, forehead to forehead while gasping for much-needed oxygen.

Kikyou stared into Inuyasha’s brilliant amber eyes, seeing the heated remnants of their impassioned kiss still lingering within them and the fluttering sensations returned tenfold. She wanted to go for seconds and from his heated gaze, she knew the similarity of their thoughts.

“So,” Inuyasha managed to say through heavy breathing, “Is that a yes?”

Regaining her breathe, Kikyou smirked mischievously at him. “What the hell else would it be?” She replied playfully, twirling a strand of his hair in her fingers.

A smile formed at the corner of his lips and he swept her off her feet, placing her on the bed. Straddling her hips, he pulled her hands above her head and locked them in an iron grip.

Reaching into the pocket of his jeans, he pulled out an engagement ring. It was simple with a plain white gold band and a simple white diamond, but he knew that’s what Kikyou would prefer. She wasn’t much for big, bulky jewelry, let alone any jewelry at all. Taking her left hand in his, he slipped the ring on her slender finger as he bent down and pressed his lips to hers once more.

Kikyou smiled against his mouth and pulled at his shirt, wasting no time in removing it. Once, out of the way, Kikyou let her hands further explore.

Paying her no mind, Inuyasha slid a hand under her shirt, pushing her bra up to cup her breast while placing wet kisses on her neck. Inuyasha made quick work of undoing the buttons of her white blouse, though fit for an older woman, still oddly looked sexy in a hot librarian sort of way.

Kikyou moaned, grabbing his hand that rest on her breast and pressed it harder to herself. Arching her back off the bed, she then guiding it down her flat stomach, once down her long legs and then back up, lifting her dark grey, knee-length skirt.

Inuyasha jerked back when a sharp pain shot through his head, it throbbed and dark spots danced before everything turned into a blur as he began to feel light-headed.

Flashes of blood-filled scenes invaded his vision. Screaming… gun shots… more flashes of blood…

Inuyasha cried out. Gripping his head, he tried to rid himself of the graphic and disturbing images. Suddenly, he felt a cold hand lightly rest upon his shoulder causing him to glance up.

Kikyou looked at him in confusion, a dark crimson liquid streaming down her deathly white face from a dark bullet hole in the center of her forehead.

Inuyasha gasped in horror. Looking down at his hands, they were covered in blood. The sheets were stained and Kikyou had two more holes in her stomach, another in her chest.

Inuyasha pulled himself away from her grasp, blindly stumbling back.

“Inuyasha,” Kikyou began, tilting her head to the side. “what’s wrong, baby?” She whined, a small pout formed on her lips.

Inuyasha gasped, waking from his nightmare. Quickly sitting up from his bed, Inuyasha busted his head against the metal bars of the bunk above him.

“Fuck!” Inuyasha yelled loudly, then sighing heavily, tightly clenching his teeth as he held his throbbing skull. He was drenched in sweat, his damp bangs matted to his forehead and his heart still pounding.

Mumbling incoherent curses under his breath, Inuyasha wiped the sweat from his forehead and collapsed back down on the thin mattress.

It was all just a dream… Or nightmare, rather.

Unfortunately, he was only back in his prison cell with the same concrete walls, floor, and iron bars. He was still living a nightmare even in reality. It was only his third day in prison and he only had many more to look forward to. He wished he could somehow wake up again, only this time he would wake up at home, in bed, and beside the woman he loved; the way everything was supposed to be.

A sudden feeling of nausea rose in the pit of his stomach and Inuyasha quickly rolled off the bed and hurried to make it to the toilet in time. After many minutes of puking his guts out, Inuyasha flushed it and fell back against the wall. Though he still had the mother of all migraines, at least his stomach felt a little more stable…

Managing to stand again, despite his drowsiness, he went back to bed trying to block out bittersweet memories of Kikyou. The time they had taken a road trip down to New Orleans and she would sing to him whenever a song she liked played on the radio. She seemed have an obsession with taking embarrassing pictures of him, especially whenever he slept. Kami, he missed her…

Why was it that he would miss her after all she had put him through? How was it that he could just forget how many times she had lied to him?

Every time she had been working late, every time she had to run to random places at odd hours of the night to do some random task, she had actually been sleeping with an old high school ‘friend’ named Onigumo. Though, who else could he blame besides himself for not realizing when it had been going on a little over a month?

Shame on him for trusting her not to cheat.

Shame on him for trusting her with his love.

Shame on him for trusting her with his heart…

Because of her, his heart was nothing but a pile of aching mush weighed down and locked up tightly with thick, indestructible chains and padlock. He didn’t plan on ever letting anyone in again, not that he’d ever get the chance. He was destined to a fate where he himself was locked up too.

Though the thing that hurt more than anything about his fiancé’s betrayal, was the fact that even as this love affair had been going on, she had still accepted his hand in marriage as if she had lulled him into a false sense of security, presented him with her heart and love, only to have it ripped away and revealed his dream to be empty and hollow and foolish.

She had betrayed him. If only she had confessed to him and apologized, he would’ve been willing to forgive. But she hadn’t. And she had even continued to see the other man after they were engaged. She didn’t disserve a second chance…

Inuyasha sighed, holding back the liquid threatening to fall. He wiped at them angrily and turned over, facing the stone wall. He closed his eye in attempt to invite sleep to take over, though it would never come.

~ * ~

Kagome let out an annoyed sigh. “I hate math,” she grumbled miserably, working the same problem for what must have been close to the twentieth time.

“Kagome, sweetie, I’m leaving for work.” her mother called from the entryway. She went through her routine speech again and kissed Kagome goodbye before she reluctantly left.

Kagome sighed again, thinking about taking a break, but decided against it since she knew her homework would never get done if she did.

Glancing up at the TV, she was tempted to flip it on and watch it while she did homework so that doing it wouldn’t be quite as painful, but there was never anything good on this late anyway.

Tapping her pencil against her paper, Kagome jumped when the phone rang.

Getting up from the couch, she made her way into the kitchen, grabbing the phone from it’s holder.

“Hello,” she answered a little uncertain. She didn’t recognize the number on the caller ID.

“Hey, Kagome,” a boy’s voice answered, cheerfully. “What are you up to?”

Kagome was slightly taken aback. “Hojo?” She asked, surprised.

Kagome would never give Hojo her number in a million years. It sounded a little mean, but Hojo was only one step short from becoming a stalker...

Sure, he was super sweet and nice and loved to shower her with tons of expensive gifts, but if there was ever such a crazy thing as being too nice, Hojo was definitely it. It seemed every time she turned around, there he was! To put it simply, he was just a bit too… well, clingy and it freaked Kagome out a little bit.

He was a nice guy and all and the last thing Kagome wanted to do was hurt his feelings, but she had been trying for months to let him go gently and he just couldn’t (or wouldn’t) take the hint. Of course, the fact that Kagome’s friends were determined to get them together; doing things like setting them up on random dates without Kagome’s permission, only succeeded in encouraging him and probably didn’t help matters any…

“Hojo, how’d you get my number?” Kagome asked curiously, but politely.

“Oh, Yuka was nice enough to give it to me,” Hojo replied casually.

“Heh, heh,” Kagome laughed nervously. “Yeah, good old Yuka.” Kagome’s cheery tone didn’t match the vengeful scowl that appeared on her face. Her eyes narrowed. She was so going to kill Yuka the next time she saw her…

About twenty minutes later, Kagome sighed as she hung up the phone.

He had asked her out on a date on Saturday. Kagome had refused, claiming she had to work, which wasn’t a lie. She really did.

After finishing her homework, Kagome quietly checked on her grandpa and little brother before heading off to bed herself.

Entering her room, the family cat Buyou let out something akin to a meow and a groan as he pushed past her feet.

Kagome slipped into her pajamas and climbed into bed, Buyou joining her and weighing down his side of the bed. Snuggling into her pillow and pulling her blankets up to her chin, Kagome absent-mindedly stoked the enormously fat cat curled up beside her purring loudly.

“Goodnight, Buyou,” Kagome reached over to her lamp and turned out the light.

~ * ~

A/N: Okay, in the beginning, it got a little steamy between Kikyou and Inu…

I know, not many people appreciate that, but I was hoping to give you guys a feel of what their relationship was before she died and hopefully how much he cared about her. (I hope I managed to accomplish that, otherwise it would’ve been for nothing.)

Also, I’m kind of new at writing lemon/limey stuff, but I gotta get practice somehow… Tell me if you think I should even attempt it cause if not, I just won’t even bother with it…

Um, a common thing that happens in jail… *cough* rape *cough* I dunno… I am kind of feeling evil enough for poor little Inu to almost get raped. (The Key Word: ALMOST) But I might chicken out on writing that. I don’t know… But whether you do or don’t think it should be included in the story, you should probably let me know, cause it was just a sick, twisted little idea that came to me. I’m kind of iffy on whether I’m cut for that kind of writing.

Anyway, let me know what you think (spelling & grammar mistakes, etc.) and I’ll try to update again sometime soon and also I’m planning to start working on my other fics again!! Yay, me!! ^-^