InuYasha Fan Fiction ❯ The Giver is the Gift ❯ Caught in the Act ( Chapter 6 )

[ A - All Readers ]

Disclaimer: I do not own any of the characters contained herein. They are the exclusive property of their original copyright holders. I just play with them for my own amusement.
 
The Giver is the Gift
 
Caught in the Act
 
He had been so sure there was no one around as he snuck up to Kagome's backpack that evening, every sense alert; but then, just as he pulled out the package containing Kagome's new mittens and scarf, she jumped out of the brush and landed lightly on the bag.
 
"Mrrow?" she mewed inquiringly, reaching out a delicate black paw and tapping gently on the package in his hand. He shushed her quickly, looking nervously around the camp to make sure none of the others, especially Kagome, had returned.
 
"Mrrow?" she said again, cocking her head and glancing expectantly between him and what he held. Quickly and quietly, he told her what he was doing, deciding in an instant that it would be no bad thing to have someone to help him if he needed it. She listened attentively, then reached out and swiped his cheek with her tongue. As he reached up to wipe it, she grabbed the package from his hand.
 
"No, you stupid cat," he hissed as she sauntered toward the wood. "Come back here with that!" He stopped short in his chase when Kagome walked out of the trees and Kirara caught her attention.
 
He held his breath and watched Kagome take the package from Kirara and sighed contentedly at her delighted exclamation when she discovered what was inside. No amount of coaxing would get Kirara to tell her from whence it came. She just turned and walked away, her tails held high. His secret was safe.
 
Word Count: 250