InuYasha Fan Fiction ❯ The Giver is the Gift ❯ Worth a Thousand Words ( Chapter 11 )

[ A - All Readers ]

Disclaimer: I do not own any of the characters contained herein. They are the exclusive property of their original copyright holders. I just play with them for my own amusement.
 
The Giver is the Gift
 
Worth a Thousand Words
 
He had been working on this gift for several days, trying hard to get it just right. Finally, he had a finished product he could be proud to give to his friend. He hoped it would be just as nice a surprise for her as his other presents had been. He had found himself working and perfecting his newest skill just to make sure that these two were as close to perfect as possible.
 
He'd had a harder time that he had thought he would finding the right pigments, and the brushes he had been using for his more simple watercolors hadn't been right for this. He had been gathering those supplies for several weeks as they traveled; and the most difficult colors to acquire, he had found, were the purple and blues of the monk's robe. Finally, though, he had come upon a trader who had exactly what he needed. Now, he looked upon the faces of his friends and felt a swell of pride at how well he had captured them.
 
Sango flying high aboard Kirara with the monk balanced precariously behind her; Kagome, the baka, and he pacing them along the treetops stared at him from the parchment. The other picture, that of Kagome and the baka, wasn't as good; but he hoped she would like it nonetheless.
 
On silent feet, he slipped the ribbon-bound scroll into Kagome's basket as she gathered roots for dinner. That evening, she showed his work proudly to anyone who would look.
 
Word Count: 250