InuYasha Fan Fiction ❯ The Hunter and The Demon ❯ Always Failing ( Chapter 1 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Title: Always Failing
Author:
sun_star_moon
Pairing:
Sango/Sesshomaru
Fandom:
InuYasha
Theme:
#45 Shadow
Rating: G
Disclaimer:
I do not own InuYasha or any of the associated characters.

<lj-cut> That's all she had ever been. The shadow of her father. The shadow of her mother. The shadow of Kagome. It didn't matter how hard she worked, how strong she was, or how pretty she was; she was still a shadow. Her father was strong. He was the strongest person she had ever met, physically, mentally, and spiritually strong. She had always tried to get to his level, but she never could. Her mother was gorgeous. She had long raven locks and porcelain skin. She looked like a princess or a queen. Sango had never quite been able to get up to her mother's level of beauty. It was yet another failure. She didn't even get why she was Kagome's shadow. But, somehow, although the girl and only pretty in terms of beauty, she had gotten stuck again in the shadow. It only fueled her anger that she had gotten the demon she loved; she hated that she kissed him openly and freely whenever she wanted, like right now.
 
Now she was learning that she was only a shadow in her own eyes. Not everyone saw her as second best. They saw her as Sango, strong and independent. The man, or rather demon, who first showed her this, was surprising. Sesshomaru. He didn't even look at her when he said it, but somehow he saw her jealousy. He made her feel special. She was wishing he wasn't a demon that hated humans.