InuYasha Fan Fiction ❯ The Hunter and The Demon ❯ Kiss the Fabric ( Chapter 2 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Title: Kiss the Fabric
Pairing:
Sango/Sesshomaru
Fandom:
InuYasha
Theme:
#92, Jealousy
Rating: PG
Disclaimer:
I do not own InuYasha or any of the associated characters.
 
Jealous. It was impossible to describe him as jealous. He was not jealous, he would never be jealous, and he had never been jealous. He was Sesshomaru, Youkai of the West, and he did not get jealous. Often. It only seemed that he became jealous around her. `Why her?' He had once silently asked. He didn't know her or even want to know her. All he had known was that she was a weak human girl who traveled with his stupid half brother. Now he knew better.
 
One demon was all it had taken to show him otherwise. Only one time in which he had to team up with the hanyo and his companions. He had tracked them to an island; he supposed another shard of the Shikon jewel was there. Unfortunately in his confrontation of Inuyasha, hundreds of demons had decided to gang up and attack them. Not just any demons, either, but demons with a decent amount of strength. In no time they were all in battle. The girl, Kagome, had proven nearly useless again, only shooting the occasional arrow and cheering Inuyasha on (which did seem to help a little), while the others contributed to the fight.
 
A relatively small but quick and strong demon was proving to be the leader. He wasn't having a difficult time in defeating it, no, he never had a hard time, but the thing was…annoying. In that aspect he compared it to Jaken. Other demons tried to attack him, but he killed them instantly, his eyes set on the leader. He was so…wrapped up that he actually had to quicken his pace to dodge an attack from a demon. The demon was stronger than the others, that much was easily assessable, but it also had a great deal of…intelligence. Then he realized that the small demon was only a decoy for this one. In no time he had succeeded (as if he could fail) to dodge and kill three demons and was heading for the leader.
 
But the taijya beat him to it. She easily swung her weapon to cut off its clawed hand and re-caught it to defend herself against its tail. At that point, Sesshomaru had gotten out of his slight daze and killed the demon. When he looked back at the taijya she smiled, “Thank you, Sesshomaru-sama, but I didn't need your help.”
 
He ignored her; she was a human after all. But now, weeks after the event, he was still thinking about her. Sango. The woman could destroy demons. Then, there was that houshi. They were in love. Oh yes, he was jealous. But he wouldn't be for long. He pressed his lips against a piece of fabric that had been the taijya's and slipped it unnoticeably back into his sleeve. He would not be jealous for long.