InuYasha Fan Fiction ❯ The Jewel of Four Elements ❯ Magic and Hyalina ( Chapter 2 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Disclaimer: Oh I do not own Inuyasha *runs and cries* I tried to claim him once but then the big men in white coats came. The other characters in this story are all my own and if I learn you have been using them in your stories I will sue your butt.(unless you write that these characters are from a different story)
 
I would like to take a moment and say that this story was not corrected so there could be a couple of major errors because sometimes when I type I skip words so if you find any just tell me and I will fix them
 
Summary: “I am Nayra Snowsong a storm mage and protector of the Jewel of Four Elements.” A Nayra spoke Kagome noticed that she had fangs.
 
The Jewel of Four Elements
Chapter 2
Magic and Hyalina
 
Nayra looked over Kagome for a moment then said, “I assume you are the Protector of the Jewel of Four Souls?” All Kagome could do was nod, this person and her clothes were so spectacular that it had stunned her. Looking at Nayra's clothes Kagome was suddenly reminded that all she was wearing was a jeans and a sweater. Nayra inspected what kagome was wearing “This will not do.” Nayra turned around and for the first time Kagome noticed that she had a bag behind her. Nayra opened the latch to the bag and rummaged threw it for a couple of minutes. When she stood up she had some type of cloth in her hands. She walked towards Kagome. Kagomes was about to take a step back but then decided other wise. Nayra handed her the cloth and said, ”go put this on.” Kagome looked at her trying to decide if it would be safe. All Nayra did was smile. Kagome went to the woods behind where Inuyasha, Sango, Miroku, and Kilala were standing.
When she unraveled cloth she found that it was a dress like Nayra's, but instead of it being pale purple and silver it was pale green and bronze (not an ugly bronze but a light delicate one). When she was looking it over she noticed that the medallion was blank but when she touched it glowed white. A small scream of surprise escaped from her lips. Inuyasha was quickly at her side, he started to ask what was wrong but she cut him off when she saw the medallion had changed so that it showed to four Japanese characters for Courage, Friendship, Love and Wisdom. “It's ok Inuyasha I was just surprised.” She quickly shooed him away so that she could change. When she came back out saw Inuyasha's look soften and Sango let out a small sigh of envy. Miroku on the other hand had a lecherous grin pasted onto his face.
Nayra came forth so that she was beside Kagome and it was then that Kagome noticed a necklace. The Necklace was a small blob of glass, about the size of a quarter, on a fine silver chain. The glass is what was interesting it was hollow and it looked like it was snowing inside. Nayra noticed Kagomes interest in it and said, “it is a piece of glass that reflects my moods. I made it myself and without realizing it I had put some of my magic in it.” Kagome gave a nod to signal for her to go on, “I come from another dimension, a world of people like me. We were born out of animals and are called the xnar. Are world is full of mages, we specialize in all sort of things but the things that are most common would be metal, earth, healing, water, food, thread, animal. I am a weather mage (weather mages are really hard to find) as I have said before. Before I tell you anything else I would like to find a larger clearing to see if I can use my magic in this dimension.”
Kagome turned to look at Inuyasha. “I know of a clearing that will work” Inuyasha waited for Sango to put her giant boomerang (anybody know what that is called) on her back. “This way.” He said while pointing towards his right. In about 25 minutes they reached a clearing that was about twice the size of the other clearing.
“You may watch but I would advise you to sit at the edge of the clearing.” Nayra went to the center of the clearing and stood there. She just stood there you could see her taking slow claming breaths. After a few minutes of her like that she raised her hands to the clasp for her necklace. She slid the glass orb off of the necklace and held it in her palm. She put her hands together so it looked like she was praying; a faint glow was coming from her hands. She slowly pulled her hands apart and the glass stretched with them. She quickly made the glass into a V-shape and attached the top of the two lines together in a wavy line. There was a faint glow and pop sound when the two ends touched each other. She placed the V beside her feet and reached up to her three earrings. Taking them off she held one between her thumb and pointer finger* and spread her fingers apart as her finger and thumb separated the ring stretched with them and turned into a wire, just as the glass had done. Now pulling it with both hands she made it about as long as 12 inch. She did that with the other two earrings. When she had them done she picked up the V and placed them into the center. It made a harp (I know it's a pretty lame harp if it only has three strings). Holding the harp in one arm she began to play a little song. It was one of the most beautiful things Kagome had ever heard. Slowly a small picture made its way into her head, the picture depicted a tall mountain the top covered in snow. The mountain was surrounded by a bunch of smaller mountains. Then it stopped.
Nayra had stopped playing her harp and was standing there with a small smile playing at her lips. Her ears twitched and her tail slightly wagged. Looking beside her she noticed that Inuyasha ears were also twitching. Then she heard it. It was so faint she had thought she was imaging it at first. Then it became louder it was the cry of a bird. When she looked up toward the sky she saw something glittering it looked like a solitary snowflake. But as it came closer she saw that it was the bird she was hearing. It swept over them once, twice, three times and then it landed on Nayra shoulder. The Bird must have been 2 feet tall. Its plumage was an icy white with bits of a frosty blue and purple. Its tail was about 3 feet long but it was incredibly hard to see were it ended because of the snow that would continually fall from its tall but melted before it hit the ground. The skin on its feet was the gray color of sleet and its nails looked like glass or ice. Her beak looked the same as her nails but it wasn't clear like the nails.
It nuzzled its head into Nayra's outstretched hand. Nayra picked the harp up and dissembled it. After putting her earrings and necklace back on she walked over to where they were standing. “Do any of you know what an phinox is?”
After looking around to see that the others were completely confused she said “A Phinox is a fire bird that would look and extraordinary like our bird but its plumage is red and gold and its bones are made out of silver.
Nayra nodded and said, “Yes, I believe that's what it is any way. This is Hyalina she is a Frazil the sister of the Phoenix. I am able to talk with her through my mind.” Hyalina hopped over to Kagomes shoulder. Kagome jumped from the surprise of having the great bird hop on to her shoulder. She was surprised at how much it didn't way; she had expected Hyalina to weigh much more. “May she sit on your shoulder while I finish what I was doing.” Kagome nodded to fascinated by the creature to say anything.
Nayra went back to the center of the field She stood in the center of the field held out her hand in a fist. She stood there for a moment and the wind in the clearing picked up. When she opened her hand a small tornado was spinning in her palm. She let it sit there for a few minutes in till she brought closed her hand and it disappeared. She reached up to her earrings again but this time she just stroked the middle one. She then held her thumb and apart and a lightning bolt jumped back and forth between them. Nayra let the lightning bolt jump across to her other hand and up her arm. She seemed to be letting everything take its time to get to no her again. She pointed to the ground at her feet and the lightning bolt ran down her arm and struck the ground. A faint wisp of smoke came up from the spot where it had struck. The smoke curled around Nayra's wrist and disappeared.
Nayra once again reached up to the silver earrings and took off the bottom one. She cupped her hands around it and waited for a faint glow to settle around her fingers, and then she threw the earring up in to the sky. On its way down it stopped and grew to the size of a large orange (I was going to say lemon but ewwwww). It then proceeded to float gently to between Nayra's hands while spinning. As it floated down snow started to fall from it. After a few seconds it was going so fast that it started to make Kagome dizzy. POP Nayra clapped her hands together and the orb got caught in the center and disappear and with a quick hand motion snow started to fall from her hands. It was then that Kagome realized that the earring was back on her ear.
After awhile Nayra stopped the snow and came over to them. When she got close enough Hyalina jumped off of Kagomes shoulder and landed on Nayra's shoulder.
“That is mainly what I can do with my magic, as I have said before I am I weather mage I specialize in water, snow, winds, and lightning. I can control how powerful my magic is with how much magic I use. As you can see I store magic in my earrings. I have found that silver works best to hold my magic.” As Nayra was talking about weather it sounded as if different types of weather were her babies.
“I know I said that I would tell you where I came from, but I am so tired that I must ask if I may sleep before telling you.”
“Umm… sure will bring you back to the hut we are sleeping in.” Kagome said rather nervously. As she turned around she heard Inuyasha say.
“Wait how do I now that your not going to kill us during the middle of the night and that bird where did it come from it does not smell of here.”
Nayra looked at him and smiled “Me and Hyalina promise not to harm you. If we were to kill you we would not have aloud you to watch me work my magic. Hyalina came from the same place I come from. As I said before I will tell you everything tomorrow.”
Inuyasha still looked hesitant about letting he come but when her saw how exhausted kagome looked he said “follow me” and let kagome hop on to his back.
 
0oo0oo0oo0oo0oo0oo0oo0oo0oo0oo0oo0oo0oo0oo0oo0oo0oo0oo0oo0oo0oo0o o0oo0oo
Ok so far this is my favorite chapter. I love writing about magic. But anyway about Nayra's necklace here is what it means if you see this inside it.
Snow - calm
Lighting - angry
Tornado - this means that she is feeling more then one feeling
Fog - confused
Clouds - happy
Rain - sad
Clear - well if its clear then she's dead
 
*Looks at reviewer who has a review sheet in front of him and isn't writing anything* Why aren't you reviewing!!! *Blink blink* I said review!!!! *Blink* fine then. *Pulls a knife out of bag*you shall die then!!! *Chops off toes then his foot then his legs*
Happily goes on cutting while all the other would be reviewers run away.
 
Read and review please!!! Ever wonder why people put read and review at the bottom of the page. Cuz your on this page so you can read it.
So REVIEW REVIEW REVIEW REVIEW
I WILL NOT ADD A CHAPTER TILL I GET AT LEAST 10 REVIEWS.