InuYasha Fan Fiction ❯ The Joys of Parenthood ❯ The Mommy Workout ( Chapter 6 )

[ P - Pre-Teen ]

Disclaimer: I do not own Inuyasha. Inuyasha & co. belong to the illustrious Rumiko Takahashi.  I do not profit from these fics.
 
The Mommy Workout by SunsetMiko [Drabble #101] - Dokuga_Contest on LiveJournal

Theme: early
Genre: General/humor
Rating: G
Warnings: none
Word Count: 200
Summary: The baby has some unexplained fussiness.
 
 
Kagome was exhausted. She'd spent the last five hours pacing and rocking her squalling, inconsolable infant and she was ready to drop. She didn't know what to do! Nothing was working. He didn't want to eat. His diaper didn't need changing. He absolutely refused to sleep. Singing to him usually helped when the little guy got cranky but today something was different and Kagome was getting increasingly worried.
 
As soon as Sesshoumaru came through the door he had a screaming baby in his arms and Kagome was on the phone with her mother in the next room. The taiyoukai listened to her side of the conversation with furrowed brows, hearing only some of her words over the loud cries of his son.
 
“He's been crying for hours… Do you really think…? Isn't it too soon for that? Okay, Mama, I'll check. Thanks.”
 
Kagome returned and he watched as she slipped a finger into the baby's mouth, appearing to be massaging his gums. Suddenly her hand pulled back quickly with a gasp and she stared at her fingertip in surprise, a bright red droplet of blood visible.
 
“Well, that explains that. I guess hanyou teeth early. He's got sharp little fangs!”