InuYasha Fan Fiction ❯ The Joys of Parenthood ❯ The Baby Toy Racket ( Chapter 8 )

[ P - Pre-Teen ]
Disclaimer: I do not own Inuyasha. Inuyasha & co. belong to the illustrious Rumiko Takahashi.  I do not profit from these fics.

The Baby Toy Racket by SunsetMiko [Drabble #105]– Dokuga_Contest on LiveJournal

Theme: scam
Genre: Romance
Rating: G
Warnings: none
Word Count: 200
Summary: Spend a million dollars and they’ll still play with whatever’s around.
Note: Yup, my little pup destroyed the newspaper yesterday, all over the bed.


Kagome sighed as she sat on the floor surrounded by baby toys… completely ignored baby toys.

Sure, maybe she’d gone a little overboard shopping, but Sesshoumaru certainly hadn’t been holding her back as they walked through the store. No, he’d thrown several things into the cart too.

Of course there was the baby shower, where their little boy was lavished with gifts before he was even born. Then there were the gifts people brought him on their visits to see the little one once he’d arrived.

She’d waited eagerly for months for him to get big enough to actually play with anything and now he finally had. She was ready too. She had the video camera out and waiting for him to grab one of the brightly colored noisy toys. Too bad he didn’t have even the slightest interest in any of them.

No, he didn’t want the fabric book about a puppy. He didn’t want the rubber ducky. He didn’t want his cute little monkey lovey. What was it he wanted to play with?

The newspaper. He sat surrounded by the Sunday paper crinkled into messy piles.

Kagome frowned before smiling and turning on the camera. “Who needs toys?”