InuYasha Fan Fiction ❯ The Lecture ❯ Sit down and shut up ( Chapter 1 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

This takes place after my last story Many Thoughts. Basically, I'm starting with Many Thoughts and writing my own arc that goes to the end of Inu Yasha. ^^;; That's the hope anyway.

I don't own Inu Yasha. ^^ I do own a really cute puppy dog of my own named Ty though! :D

Here we go!!

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Inu Yasha grumbled up in his tree. After everything that had happened over the past few days Kagome hadn't seemed herself. He missed how, when she smiled, her eyes lit up. He missed the sound of her laughter and how it made him feel inside.

"Feh."

His eyes were fixed on the well Kagome had just disappeared into. She'd said she had one of her test thingies to study for, but he had to wonder if that was really the reason she'd left. He considered following her. Not to talk to her or anything, just … well … ramen! There was ramen and that water thing that was hot. Just as he was about to leap off his limb and into the well, a voice called to him.

"Inu Yasha! I would like a moment of time with ye. As Kagome is gone I believe ye have some time to spare for an old woman before ye go and drag her back."

Inu Yasha grumbled down at Kaede, "What do you want old woman?"

Kaede sighed. She knew this wasn't going to be easy, but she also knew it was past time. "I just wish to speak with thee for a moment Inu Yasha, nothing more. Come, walk with me." Kaede turned and started walking into the forest, then paused and without turning back spoke, "Or are ye afraid of what an old woman might have to say to ye?"

Inu Yasha dropped down next to her, "All right baaba, I'll walk with you. I'm not afraid of some stupid old woman."

Kaede smiled, "I did not think so."

"Feh."

"Tell me Inu Yasha, how goes the search for the shards?"

Inu Yasha sighed, "We know where most of them are, we just have to retrieve them and then battle Naraku for the shards he took from us."

Kaede gazed up into the blue sky, "Ah yes, the ones Kikyo stole from Kagome and gave to him."

Inu Yasha stiffened next to her, but said nothing.

"Tell me Inu Yasha, how go things between ye and Kagome?"

Inu Yasha stopped walking and glared at her, "What are you talking about old woman?"

Kaede stopped a little ahead of him, but didn't look back, "I mean, are ye still hurting that poor child by pursuing something which is long dead and may not have been what ye thought it to be in the first place?"

Inu Yasha growled, "You over-step yourself old woman."

"Nay," she whispered, "I do not step far enough." With that she turned and slapped him across the face.

Inu Yasha's eyes went wide with shock. "What was that for?!?"

"That was for Kagome. And to try to slap some sense into ye. Will ye listen to what I have to say and go think about it? Or are ye now too afraid to hear me out Inu Yasha, for what I have to say to ye is long over-due."

"I'm not afraid of anything you might have to say old woman, and I never will be!!" Inu Yasha snapped at her, then thumped to the ground and leaned back against a tree.

"Very well, Inu Yasha. Ye are so consumed with your task that ye are blind to many things. Things your enemies see very clearly, Inu Yasha.

Kagome loves ye, quite desperately if I had to guess. If ye do not believe me, think on her behavior. Does she try to keep ye from meeting my sister? Nay. Does she give up anything ye hold dear with out a fight? Nay. Does she protect ye every chance she gets in spite of ye telling her how weak she is? Is she protective of ye to the point of endangering herself? Aye to both. And yet, ye betray her time and again. Ye betray her trust and your word to her.

I do not think anything truly serious happens between ye and Kikyo, but I am sure ye have made vows to her, vows which hurt Kagome's heart and contradict those vows ye have made to Kagome.

I am going to be very blunt Inu Yasha. Ye are making vows to a dead thing. A thing which is only alive because of hatered. Ye and my sister thought ye were betrayed and turned to hatred against each other so easily. And yet, ye betray Kagome's feelings time and again, she has been controlled and betrayed ye. Do ye turn to hate? Nay. Ye trust each other more. Ye fight your feelings more."

Inu Yasha stared at the ground, his hair hiding his eyes.

Kaede knelt in front of him and placed a gentle hand on his knee. "Inu Yasha, what happened between ye and my sister was a tragedy. A tragedy which was Naraku's fault. Not yours. Ye wish to take vengeance upon him, that I understand. But do not also seek vengeance upon yourself. Ye must search your feelings to discover what ye want Inu Yasha. Discover who ye want. For if ye wait until the quest is over, ye may be too late.

One more thing Inu Yasha, perhaps the most important of what I say to ye. My sister asked ye to become human, but has Kagome ever asked ye to be anyone except who ye are, who ye want to be? When ye were with my sister, ye desired a life away from the persecution ye had felt all your life. Ye were going to give up part of yourself to do so. With Kagome, ye have found that acceptance and ye are still yourself. Ye have that acceptance not only from Kagome, but from those who are drawn to her. And to ye."

Inu Yasha's hands clenched in the grass and still he said nothing.

Kaede stood and gazed down at him for a moment. "I do not believe ye to be a fool Inu Yasha. I also know ye must resolve this on your own. But keep this in mind. On the other side of that well is a girl who loves ye and would help ye through anything, even if it's just holding ye in her arms until ye make a choice."

Kaede left the hanyou sitting against the tree and walked back to her hut. She turned at the door and gazed back at the forest. "Think carefully Inu Yasha. Be strong."

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Thank you so much to everyone who reviewed my other story "Many Thoughts". I really appreciated all the encouragement!!! Please review! Pretty please? With … bishounen on top? oO;; or bishoujou if you prefer … ^^;;;