InuYasha Fan Fiction ❯ The Lecture ❯ Aaahhh ... peace and ... quiet? ( Chapter 3 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Here we are! Chapter 3!!! I've gotten SOOOO many wonderful, happy responses!!! {happy dance} Thank you so much everyone! I'm getting so inspired!!! ^^;;; I actually felt bad that I sat down and did some research for my theatre company today instead of writing. --;;; That can't be a good sign. {cracks up} Anyway, here you go! Chapter 3!!!

{sigh} I don't own anything of value, much less Inu Yasha.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Sango and Kagome stepped cautiously into the hot springs, letting their bodies adjust to the warmth. After Kagome woke and ate her fill, Kaede had informed them Kagome would not be allowed to travel for at least two days. Kagome and Inu Yasha had both protested, quite loudly. Sango smothered a giggle. She'd never seen Kaede so determined. Poor Inu Yasha and Kagome never had a chance. In the end, Inu Yasha had grumbled and wandered off to the forest and Kagome and Sango had decided the next day they'd make the journey to the hot springs for a relaxing bath.

Kagome sighed in bliss. Her eyes slowly closed and she melted into the water. Sango smiled at her friend, `It's been a long time since I've seen her this relaxed.'

Kagome stretched like a cat, "I feel like my muscles have changed from rock to ramen and it's such a wonderful feeling."

Sango laughed. "It's good to see you like this. I've been worried about you lately. We all have. You've been under a lot of stress and it's been showing."

Kagome opened an eye and looked at her friend, "What do you mean?"

Sango shook her head, "You know exactly what I mean. You've been stressed about the jewel, but the main thing that's bothering you is Inu Yasha."

Kagome closed her eye and sank a little deeper into the water, "I don't know what you're talking about." Kagome suddenly had to sputter as Sango pushed her head under the water. "What was that for?!?" She glared at her smug friend as she wiped the water from her face.

Sango laughed, "You sounded exactly like Inu Yasha just now!" She winked at her drenched friend. "Kagome, I know you're under a lot of stress because of Kikyo and Inu Yasha. Just remember, if you ever need to talk, I'm right here."

Kagome smiled and brushed some of her wet hair off her face, "I know, Sango. If I ever need to talk, you're the first one I'll come to. Promise." Her smile of thanks slowly turned into an evil grin.

Sango's eyes widened and she slowly started backing away, "K … Kagome … you wouldn't …"

Kagome grinned and dunked her friend.

Sango and Kagome were still giggling on their walk home, when Kagome suddenly froze. "Sango … someone's watching us."

Sango looked around, weapon at the ready, "Where? Can you tell?"

Kagome shook her head, "No, I don't know who or where or anything, I just have this feeling. Keep walking."

Sango and Kagome edged closer together and started walking again, quicker than before. They both screamed when a red figure dropped out of the trees in front of them.

"Inu Yasha!!!!" Kagome glared.

Inu Yasha smirked up at the two frightened girls, then his smile slowly faded as he saw the fright turning to anger. "Now Kagome, you should have known it was me! I mean …"

"Sit boy!!!" Inu Yasha promptly ate dirt.

Kagome stepped over the prone body of the hanyou and smiled at Sango, who wasn't quite as careful and stepped on the prone Inu Yasha's ass. "I'm so glad we decided to do this today Sango. And we made good time too! We'll get back to the village before the sun sets!"

Sango smiled back at her friend and nodded, "Yes, we did indeed. I've missed just spending time with you like this!"

Kagome's giggle turned into a shriek as she was swept off her feet and into the trees.

Sango stood in shock, staring at the spot Kagome had been moments before an annoyed looking red blur had swept her away. "Oh dear."

"Inu Yasha! Put me down!!!"

Inu Yasha grinned evilly, "No can do, wench. If I do that, you'll sit me so many times I won't walk straight for a week. This way, if you sit me, you'll be crushed under me."

Kagome decided she didn't like his smile. Not one bit. "You can't just carry me forever you know. Even you have to sleep. And … and why did you carry me off in the first place??"

Inu Yasha shrugged, "I was angry."

Kagome blinked. "That's it? That's your reason?"

"Feh. What other reason do I need? Stupid girl."

Kagome bristled, "Inu Yasha, put me down right now!"

"No."

Kagome ground her teeth together. "Fine! But don't expect me to like it!" With that Kagome crossed her arms and determined to refuse to speak to him. `Honestly! Stubborn, stubborn man!'

After a while, Kagome had to fight to keep her eyes open. Kagome wasn't sure if it was the warmth of Inu Yasha, or the steady rhythm of him leaping from tree to tree. `Maybe I'm just exhausted still from the past few weeks.' Whatever the reason, she found herself struggling to stay awake. `He's so warm and safe.' Kagome stifled a yawn and slowly gave up the struggle.

The moment Inu Yasha heard her breathing deepen in sleep, he landed on a tree branch and sat with her in his lap, being careful to arrange her so she didn't wake up.

`Kagome …' He looked down at her, a gentleness in his face none would have believed possible. `What am I going to do with you? I have nothing to offer you. You deserve so much more than this. You have a family in your time, friends, a life. I can't be a part of that. What Kaede said makes sense but … I'm so scared Kagome. Just, let me hold you like this tonight. Just tonight. I can make decisions later. But right now …'

Inu Yasha hugged her a little closer and closed his eyes, letting his mind wander in a half-slumber. Allowing himself to rest, while keeping his senses alert to protect the precious girl in his arms.

Kagome woke to the sound of laughter and a breeze in her hair. She blinked as she realized the laughter was her own and the breeze was from being carried in Inu Yasha's arms again.

"'Bout time you finally woke up. I was starting to think I was gonna have to shake you to get you to wake up and tell me what was so damn funny."

Kagome blinked and thought back, "I think I was dreaming. We were all sitting around a fire and Miroku was groping Sango as usual. I was laying out the bedding. Miroku snuck up on me and groped me. Then …" Kagome's face scrunched up in thought.

Inu Yasha almost laughed at the adorable expression on her face. Instead he growled, "Then?"

"Um, then you yelled at him, he yelled back, and you started threatening him with the tetsaiga, and …" Kagome's eyes widened and then she burst out laughing again.

"What?!?! Tell me!!!"

Kagome giggled, "He opened his wind tunnel, sucked your head in, and then sealed his wind tunnel with your body sticking out!" Kagome burst out laughing and almost fell out of Inu Yasha's arms, "It was so funny! You're body was flailing around and stuff and oh my God it was so funny!!!!"

Inu Yasha growled, "You think that's funny, do you? I'll show you funny …" With that, Inu Yasha slung her over his shoulder and changed direction. He had been heading for the village, but he had something else in mind now.

He raced toward his destination, then stopped abruptly on a tree branch and gazed down at the still giggling Kagome, with an evil grin on his face. "You know Kagome, you haven't had your morning bath."

Kagome blinked. Then, her eyes widened and she looked down. Inu Yasha had stopped on a branch over hanging a small lake. She looked up at him, her eyes wide, "You wouldn't dare!"

He grinned wider, "Wouldn't I?" And with that, he let her go.

Kagome screamed as she plummeted down to the water. Just as she hit the water, she spat her curse at Inu Yasha, "SIT BOY!!!!" She heard the satisfying sound of a branch cracking as the water closed over her head.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

That's it for this chapter! BWAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!! Don't worry, this story is the calm before the storm. The story after this we go back to the quest. But for The Lecture … BAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHA!!!! Good, evil fun!!! :> Yes, I meant that exactly as written.

PLEASE READ AND REVIEW!!!! IT'S WHAT KEEPS ME WRITING!!! THANKS TO ALL WHO REVIEW!!!! YOU'RE MY HERO'S!!! :D

E-mail: Soulsearcher_1219@hotmail.com