InuYasha Fan Fiction ❯ The Life of Kikyo ❯ Heart Break ( Chapter 1 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Inu Yasha looked at his reflection in the water. Was he wondering if looked okay? He wanted to be perfect. Why? What could he possibly be doing this early in the morning? I don't know, but I'm going to find out.

"Good morning, Inu Yasha," said Kagome cheerfully. If only I was that happy. Actually, I guess I am. She's my reincarnation. I quickly hid in the nearest bush.

"Good m-m-morning, K-Kagome," Inu Yasha faltered. He blushed and turned bright red.

"Um, are you okay?" asked Kagome.

Inu Yasha took a deep breath and gathered up all his courage. He was going to need it. He knelt on one knee and took her hand. "Kagome, will you marry me?" What!? How could he?

"Yes!" Kagome answered brightly. They seemed so happy. They were even kissing each other! I couldn't take it anymore! I jumped out of my hiding place.

"Inu Yasha!" I yelled. My long hair blew in the gentle wind.

"Kikyo?" Kagome gasped.

"How could you?" I yelled at Inu Yasha. I could feel anger rushing through me.

"We love each other," Kagome answered. I ignored her response. I shed a few tears of anger and hurt.

"Inu Yasha," I said through my tears, "How could you? You used to love me!"

Inu Yasha stood there speechless as if he didn't know what to say to me. Kagome is exactly like me. Why does he love her and not me? His words would probably make me feel worse. I walked away and wept some more. I would visit my sister, Kaede, but she's dead now. Maybe I should allow myself to die too. What's the use of living?