InuYasha Fan Fiction ❯ The Life of Kikyo ❯ The Cave ( Chapter 2 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

I continued walking. I'd might as well enjoy the world while I'm still here. I saw a cave. I wondered what was inside it. I wanted to enter, but maybe I shouldn't. I looked in the distance. I saw a teenage girl, a frog creature and a sleeping youkai . (Youkai is Japanese for demon) The youkai looked somewhat like Inu Yasha, but he had normal ears and different clothes. He was also much more graceful. I tried not to fall in love with him. You know what happened last time I was in love. I ended up shooting him with an arrow and neither of us were too happy about that.

I walked towards the youkai, who was still fast asleep. The frog creature ran towards me. "Get lost , you pathetic human!" he yelled at me. Luckily, the teenager came and kicked him away.

"Shut up, Jaken!" she hissed, "Sesshomaru is sleeping." She turned towards me. "Hi," she said, "My name is Rin. That frog's name is Jaken and that's Sesshomaru," she said pointing to the sleeping youkai. Sesshomaru. That name sounds familiar. I remember! He's Inu Yasha's brother!

"My name is Kikyo," I said.

"Don't listen to her!" said Jaken. Does that thing ever shut up?

"Jaken!" Rin scolded.

"Her name is Kagome! She's here to hurt us!"

"Don't be such a baka!" (baka means idiot in Japanese.) Sesshomaru yawned and woke up.

"Good morning!" Rin and Jaken stopped arguing and politely greeted Sesshomaru. Sesshomaru noticed that I was here.

"Isn't that Kagome?" Jaken asked Sesshomaru.

"Jaken, she said her name was Kikyo!" Rin argued.

"I am Kikyo," I told them, "Kagome is getting married to Inu Yasha." My eyes filled with tears at that thought. I looked at the ground so that they couldn't see me crying.

"If she was Kagome, she'd be wearing that ugly skirt," Rin said.

"Kagome is finished school, you baka!"

Unfortunately, Rin saw my tears. She stopped arguing with Jaken and kindly asked if I was okay. Sesshomaru looked at me closely. "She's far too beautiful to be Kagome," he said. I blushed.

"But Kagome and Kikyo…" Jaken began, but stopped when Rin and Sesshomaru glared at him.

I spent the next few days with Rin, Jaken and Sesshomaru. They were nice to me. (Jaken was forced to be nice.) This was the first time I felt this happy ever since Kagome came. I wanted to stay with Sesshomaru, Rin and Jaken longer, maybe even forever.