InuYasha Fan Fiction ❯ The Life of Kikyo ❯ Revenge ( Chapter 6 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

It is now the next day. I'm at the lake where Kagome's takes a bath. I am carrying out the first part of my plan. All I have to do is wait until Kagome stops looking. I almost got caught once, but she didn't see me.

A beautiful yellow bird landed on a branch above the water and began to sing. The bird was so beautiful that Kagome looked at it. In less than a second I was able to get her strange kimono without being noticed. I took off my priestess kimono and put on Kagome's gown from modern Japan.

I went over to Inu Yasha. He looked surprised. Did he know it was me?

"You're already done?" he asked.

"Yes," I answered trying to sound like Kagome, "why don't we fight Sesshomaru today?"

"My arm is still healing, but he deserves to die!"

"Yeah! Why don't we take him on right now!" I tried to persuade Inu Yasha and he actually agreed.

He lifted me up and carried me. It felt great to be this close to Inu Yasha again! We arrived at the cave and Inu Yasha got ready to fight. I still loved him and could hardly bare the thought of killing. He began to fight Sesshomaru.

I picked up my bow and arrow. I got ready. I took a few deep breathes. Am I sure I want to do this? I want revenge, but this is a horrible thing to do. Yes, it was the only way. I steadied my shaking hands and took aim. I was about to shoot.

Suddenly I felt a sharp pain enter my back. I fell to my knees. I looked behind me and saw Kagome. I thought I had gotten rid of her! She was wearing my priestess kimono that I had left behind. I should've brought it with me. How could I have been so damn stupid!

Inu Yasha looked shocked. He must think that Kagome is me, because she is dressed as a priestess! Maybe I'm not so stupid after all. "Kikyo!" he shouted, "Why?"

"It's me, Kagome," Kagome answered, "That's Kikyo. She must have disguised herself as me and tried to kill you!"

I was probably going to die, but I still had some life left in me. I was so close to getting revenge! I'm not giving up now! I picked up my bow and aimed carefully. I shot Inu Yasha and the arrow hit him. He fell to the ground and died instantly. I could enjoy my triumph for only a short time. I died seconds after him. There was nothing that could bring me back. Not souls or anything…

"Inu Yasha!" Kagome cried, "Please don't be dead!" She burst into tears. Right at that moment, Sesshomaru dove at her with his sword. Kagome screamed and dodged his attack. His sword was a millimetre away from her. Kagome got up and ran.

Kagome kept running as fast as she could. She didn't stop or look back once. Kagome had never been so scared in her life. She hoped that she wouldn't trip. She saw the well up ahead. She jumped down and made it back to her home. She ran to her room and collapsed onto her bed crying. She knew that she was safe, but was still shaking.

"Inu Yasha, please don't be dead," Kagome begged. She knew he was. Why did he have to die?she thought. Kagome buried her face in her pillow and cried harder. Even Kikyo would've been sorry if she had seen Kagome right now.

Kagome felt someone put his hand on her shoulder. She looked up and saw Inu Yasha. He was still alive! She was seeing him right now. He just had to be! "Inu Yasha, how did you survive?" Kagome asked, "I thought you were dead!"

"The arrow didn't hit me. I could see the smirk on Kikyo's face, so she must have thought it did. I grabbed one of your arrows and put it through my skin, but not deep enough to kill me. I pretended I was dead and caught Sesshomaru off guard. He walked over to me to make sure I was deadwhile you were crying. That stupid youkai! I got off the ground and stabbed him. That's why he was bleeding when he attacked you. It didn't kill him, but it was a lot easier to fight him. If you had looked back, you would see that Sesshomaru wasn't chasing you and that I was still alive fighting him. I killed Sesshomaru easily and I also killed Jaken, but Rin got away," Inu Yasha explained.

"Oh Inu Yasha!" Kagome got off her bed and threw her arms around the hanyou. She began to cry again, but this time, they were tears of happiness.