InuYasha Fan Fiction ❯ The Little Leather Bound Book ❯ Third Place: Little Star ( Chapter 2 )

[ A - All Readers ]

 
 
Disclaimer: I love the only Inuyasha related thing I own. My cute little chibi inu key-chain which lives out its happy life on my iPod making fashion statements everywhere (Ha! Take that Parris Hilton! You want something hot? Then look at my iPod cuz it's so cute and knows how to accessorize.)



Little Star
By: lil6ter
 
 


The cry of a child pierced through the night air in a simple hut, waking Kagome from her sleep. Her eyes were heavy, but they always felt heavy now that she was a mother. Kagome had given birth to a beautiful baby boy, nearly identical to his father, three months ago in the dead of night.


She picked up her son, cradling the soft spot on his crown, and brought him outside so that he could gaze at the stars. He was out of sorts since Inuyasha had left earlier that night to prevent some neighboring demons from venturing closer to the village. The stars were so bright…


Her baby gave another cry, and she carefully rocked him, softly singing a song that she sang with Inuyasha to him that felt perfect tonight.


Twinkle, twinkle, little star,
How I wonder what you are.
Up above the world so high,
Like a diamond in the sky.
Twinkle, twinkle, little star,
How I wonder what you are!


She looked down at her baby as he started to snuggle into his mother's embrace. A smile graced Kagome's lips as he nuzzled the underside of her breast and the edge of her arm.


“You miss Daddy, huh?” she whispered to her almost sleeping son, her hair tickling a soft, velvety ear. She did not get a response, nor was she looking for one. “I miss Daddy too. But you know what? I bet that he is looking up at the sky right now, and thinking of us too.”


Her eyes began to droop again as she went back in to get more sleep, while in a forest not so far away, a man in fire rat red looked at the sky and sang the same words, wishing his new family a pleasant slumber.