InuYasha Fan Fiction ❯ The Marching Dragons ❯ Late ( Chapter 12 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

The Marching Dragons
Chapter Twelve: Late
 
{Disclaimer: I do not own anything…not even my own body..okay…maybe I have ownership over that…but nothing else!}
 
Authors Note: So tied….::dies and Adish returns:: Hi mina-san. Flame has died from lack of sleep. ::Flame mumbles about Youko Kurama:: Oh wait… I think she's alive…I got her to do the review responses, but I had to do the chapter today…not that I really want to. ::Adish sighs:: I hate working, I wish I could go back on vacation like I did back when Flame started posting Dreaming of You. She's lucky she had drafts of those chapters. ::Snickers:: review responses are below.
 
Serena-Demon Goddess: Yes, marching band is hard, but it's also very rewarding. It looks good on college applications and you learn a lot…like sub-division…::Shutters:: Homework can be a problem, but it's not that rare that you don't have time to do it. If you had a bunch of AP classes, maybe, but other than that, no. Most band students, especially those in marching band tend to be in the top twenty five of their class. I wouldn't worry about it too much. It's a lot of fun and you make great friends that become like a second family. I highly recommend you join.
 
Demonic Gurl: ::laughs:: Thanks. I can't believe you stayed up that late reading this. Next time that happens IM or E-mail me or something girl, I can send you so many good fics…ah…::minds wonders to all the fics to give:: Must…convert…::shakes head:: gomen. Glad you like.
 
-Adish
 
~~*~=~*~=~*~~
 
Light hit my eyes and I grunted I didn't want to wake yet…I was having such a wonderful dream in which I was with Kagome and she slept in my arms. I cracked my eyes open to see if I would need to close the drapes or not and nearly choked. The dream I was having was reality. It was light outside and I was still at Kagome's house. That only meant one thing.
 
I was late.
 
With a sighed and a grunt I carefully untangled Kagome from my person and wrote her a little note on the back of the news paper. I tore the note off the rest of the printed information and placed it where I knew Kagome would find it; on the refrigerator.
 
Quickly I kissed her on the cheek and left the house as silently as I could. I was already in deep trouble with father, I didn't need the added trouble with Kagome's grandfather. Quickly I hopped into a taxi and had the driver take me to the hotel, and said I'd pay him extra if he could get me there in less than twenty minutes. He did, I was thankful for that and did in fact pay him extra.
 
I ran inside the hotel and asked for the key to the room. The man at the desk looked at me warily and I sighed. I wonder if Father even informed them of my curfew? He didn't usually have to worry about it, it was Inuyasha who was the trouble child.
 
Key in hand I vouched for the stairs, not wanting to wait for the elevator to come back down from where ever it was. I was glad I did, it didn't take too long to get to the room and I opened the door with ease.
 
All was quite inside. I took off my shoes and closed the door. It didn't seem he was home. I let out the breath I didn't know I was holding and started walking over to the beds. “You're late.” I froze. How did I know I wouldn't get away with this? Inuyasha had missed his curfew many times, even left the house late at night. Did he ever get caught? Never. The one time I do though, of course I'm caught.
 
Turning I looked into the face of my very furious father. “I know.” I didn't even bother with excuses, what was to point? I was late, end of story.
 
“You're not even going to try to make excuses?”
 
“What's the point?” He sighed and sat down in the chair behind him.
 
“Sesshoumaru I did not expect this kind of behavior from you. Inuyasha yes, but you?” He looked at me like I had grow a second head, and I guess to him I did. I was the ever perfect, ever prompt elder son. I was the pride of the family, there was no way I could be late for something as small as a curfew time; but I was.
 
Keeping my mouth shut he sighed. “I have to do something; if Inuyasha found out I let this go I would never hear the end of it. Besides, you are the future of this company, even a CEO cannot be late for meetings.” I nodded I understood his reasoning. I agreed with him fully, the punishment I would endure I didn't concur to. “You cannot see this girl for one week.”
 
“No.” He raised an eyebrow at that.
 
“Oh? Sesshoumaru who do you think you are to tell me “no”? I am your father and you will treat me as such. When I say something it goes. Just for that obstinate attitude of yours, you can add two more days onto that sentence.” I suppressed a growl. Kagome needed me and he was trying to keep me from her. He was treading on dangerous grounds, but yet I knew I couldn't do anything about it. If he wanted to, he could keep me in this room, or figure a way to keep me away from her.
 
“Yes, father.”
 
“Furthermore, you shall accompany me to ever business venture I have during that time.”
 
“Yes father.”
 
“Now clean up. We have a meeting to go to in thirty minutes, and I hope you have learned you're lesson on being late.”
 
“Yes father.” I walked into the bathroom to clean up and was quite glad that I had left the address and phone number of the hotel in the note for Kagome.”
 
~~*~=~*~=~*~~
 
 
“It is good to see you again Hibiki-san.” An older Japanese gentleman bowed to my father once we got into the meeting room.
 
“Hai, it has been too long Shibayaku-san.”
 
“Who is this young man?”
 
“This is my son, Hibiki Sesshoumaru. He is going to take over the company once I retire. I have brought him so that he can know his job better.”
 
“Ah, Ohayou Hibiki-kun.”
 
“Ohayou.” I bowed as did he. I knew than this was going to be a long week. We sat at the table and the elders began their business discussion. A very long week.
 
~~*~=~*~=~*~~
 
Finally though, the week ended. Father even lacked up a bit and took away the two days. I flopped down on the bed and relaxed as he left the hotel room with the warning not to be late again; I'm not Inuyasha I learn things the first time around not the tenth or so.
 
I rolled over and looked at the phone over the pillow. I want to call Kagome, but I don't know if she's up yet. The receptionist would give me messages from Kagome daily. I knew she missed me as much as I missed her and she needed me. I was never able to call her back and talk to her in person. When ever I found time to call she was always at the hospital and I had to leave a message with her grandfather.
 
I sighed and grabbed the phone anyway. If I wake her up I wake her up. Not big deal, right? I just hope she's not mad at me. The phone rang three times before a groggy Kagome answered. “Mushi, mushi?”
 
“Kagome?”
 
“Shou!” She was awake now, as if my voice was like coffee she perked up and I heard her scramble about in the background. “I'm so glad you called.”
 
“Sorry I woke you.” I knew I should have waited to call…I just couldn't help it. Ah well, the harms done, no way to reverse it, besides she doesn't seem too mad.
 
“No, it's okay, I was getting up any minute anyway. Are you okay? Did you get into a lot of trouble?”
 
“Not really. I just had to follow my father around and go to some business meetings.”
 
“Well at least he didn't put you in house arrest. When Jii-chan found out how long you were here I wasn't aloud out of the house other than to see Kaa-san for three days.”
 
“Sorry.”
 
“It's fine. I was wondering though, would you like to meet my mother? She's doing better, and she wants to meet you.”
 
“I would love to Kagome, you don't even have to ask.” She relaxed at that, I could hear it. “When and where do you want to meet?”
 
“How about at the hospital tomorrow morning that way I can give her some warning.”
 
“It sounds perfect.”
 
“Okay, see you then.”
 
“Bye.”
 
“Ja.” We hung up and I rolled over onto my back once again. I was going to meet her mother and my father didn't even know what her name was. Well, all that will change. If she's willing to give me a chance and introduce me to her sick mother the least I could do is tell my father her name.
 
~~*~=~*~=~*~~
 
I was still lying on the bed on my back when my father came back from work. He looked at me oddly as he closed the door and took off his shoes. “Did you even move today?”
 
“Yes.”
 
“I don't know what's worse, you or Jaken.” I cringed at the thought of the old servant. I was a little insulted at being compared to the old thing, but said nothing about it.
 
“Kagome.”
 
“Excuse me?” He looked up in the midst of taking off his tie.
 
“My girlfriend's name is Kagome.” His eyes widened and I don't blame him. This is the most I've told him of my personal life in a while. “I've meeting her mother tomorrow, so I thought you should at least know her name.”
 
“Just her name?” He asked and sat next to me. “What does she look like?”
 
“Black hair and brown eyes.” Yeah, like I'm going to go into detail and tell him what I saw when I looked at her. My father rolled his eyes and stood back up.
 
“Will I ever get to meet this Kagome?” I thought about it for a second. Since I was meeting her mother tomorrow, maybe she would be up to meeting my father as well. We could come back here after Kagome feels she can leave her mother's side and we could go out to diner.
 
“Tomorrow, We'll be coming back from the hospital. It would be nice to take her out to dinner.” Once again his eyes widened. Am I just filled with so many surprises he doesn't know what else to do?
 
“Hospital?”
 
“Her mother's sick.” That was all I was going to say and he must have figured that out since he didn't ask anything else about it.
 
“All right. I will make sure I'm here by six o' clock. When you're ready come up here and I shall meet the love young woman who has captured your eye and then we all shall dine.” I nodded and closed my eyes.
 
I hope tomorrow wasn't going to be too much of a mistake on my part.