InuYasha Fan Fiction ❯ The Miko and the Youkai Prince (Sesshomaru) ❯ Tsuki no Tama ( Chapter 1 )

[ A - All Readers ]

“She cannot be saved now…”
 
Sayo sat in the middle of the Tsuki shrine with her hands folded and praying. When you saw her, would you think `miko'? Yes, of course, that's what everyone would think also. But Sayo was an unordinary miko. Unordinary huh? She was terrified of demons. Even the most harmless of demons, her heart would freeze. Is she scared of humans, too? I guess you can say that or you can just say that she hates how humans think only for themselves.
 
There, Sayo held a powerful tama, or jewel. No, it wasn't the Shikon no Tama. This tama was from a celestial maiden named Yuri, given to her great grandfather from over 100 years. It appeared as a blue-purple orb that gave off a white light. It was Sayo's duty to guard its celestial powers from getting in the wrong hands. It was very similar to the Tama, it can grant any wish, and can increase any demonic power. Yet, this jewel could be only used unless it was truly what the user wanted.
 
It was called the Tsuki no Tama, or the Jewel of the Moon.
 
“Are you still purifying it? “ The guardsmen asked
 
“Yes baka,”
 
Yep, she even had guards to protect her from the demons lurking in the forest but come on! She wasn't some weak girl anymore. The bushes rusted again. A shiver slivered down her neck and to the spine of her back. Sayo had to be brave. Nah, she rather be scared than to pee in her kimono. Outside of the Tsuki shrine hushed suddenly. Sayo had miko abilities, she knew how to use them, but she wasn't willing to.
 
Grasping on the jewel, she waited for the intruder to come in the shrine, which had no barrier whatsoever. She closed her eyes shut, afraid to look. The footsteps become louder as they came closer to the young miko.
 
“Who are you young girl”
 
Sayo slowly opened her clear, crescent blue eyes. All she saw first was the black shoes of a person than a lash of whiter hair came out of place. It wasn't a person, it was a demon. She slowly looked up the figure. There she saw the most beautiful person/demon that she ever saw. His white hair that shown like the moon's reflection on top of a clear blue lake, and his beautiful golden, hard auburn eyes that gave such a fear in her heart yet made it jump with joy.
 
“I said who are you young girl?”
 
“M-My name is Sayo, I-I am the guardian of the Tsuki no Tama. And you are?”
 
“I am what people call, Lord Sesshomaru”