InuYasha Fan Fiction ❯ The Model Village ❯ Happy Birthday Kags! ( Chapter 1 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

I do not own the characters of Inuyasha, but I do own the plot!

Well, folks. This is my second fic I bring to you for being such wonderful viewers and readers. This plot is an author's original as far as what the story is about, but I do not own the characters of Inuyasha...DUH! I already said that! AAHHH! Now I'm repeating myself! *Sigh* shakes head what's a writer to do? shrug Well, anyways...Enjoy and please leave your comments behind for each chappie, your feedback makes all the difference. Thank you, Ja ne!

The Model Village: Chapter 1 Happy Birthday Kags!

An ordinary day you say? For you maybe. Not for Kagome. The day referred to was her 15th birthday, and she had just started her first year in high school. She woke up that morning, with the ideas of possible presents she'd get going through her head. She always got the nicest birthday gifts from her mom, and from her little brother, Souta. Her friends at school would definitely get her cards, at least.

Either way, she was excited, as she always was on her birthday. Of course, she never knew what her grandpa would present to her. She would usually get these weird things from him, like charms that were supposed to ward away illness, strange body parts from past demons or beings from legend, and weird stories. Yes, he'd given her stories about various shrines in the area for her birthday. Odd, huh? His gift was the only one she was not looking forward to. Of course, when had she ever?

Well, as she got dressed and ready for school, she thought about whether or not there was a test to study for, or if she could think of any homework she'd forgotten to do. She could sometimes get sidetracked easily, depending on the situation. Yeah, it was just her birthday, but she wanted to make sure she kept her feet on the ground firmly. As she looked in the mirror and made sure she looked prim for school, she gave herself a nod, and turned off the light as she headed out the door.

On her way down the stairs, she heard a few giggles and shushes from the kitchen. She thought something was odd when she stepped up to the table and noticed that it was a different table, but covered with a sheet. She walked up to it, noticing she was the only one in the kitchen. She looked around, and called out for everyone, but she got no response. She noticed a note left on top of the sheet stating, "Lift the sheet for your gift, Kagome. Gramps"

`Hmmm...' Kagome thought as she picked up the side facing her and slowly and gingerly lifted the grey sheet to see what was underneath. What she saw was the most beautiful gift she could have ever received. As she lifted the sheet off fully and let it hit the floor on the other side of the table, she saw it was a miniature village from medieval Japan. It had huts, trees, little dirt roadways, signs, and figurines all over the place, each figure individually painted and placed in certain spots upon the table. The figurines were pose able and could be positioned anyway she chose.

One figurine in particular caught her eye. The one placed amongst the trees. It looked to be a figure of a man, but the detail was so beautiful, she couldn't tell if it was a man or a woman. It had on a red haori, red hakama, and had long silver hair with...

"What are those? Are they dog ears?" She asked herself out loud as she picked up the figure and studied him closely. Sure enough, that's what they looked like. She stood there holding it and she realized she could not take her eyes off it, or put the figure down.

"What do you think, Kagome? You like my gift to you?" Grandpa walked in and stood beside her as she studied the little figure.

"I love it! It's the neatest gift you've given yet! Thanks, Gramps! But, uh...Who's this supposed to be?" She handed the figure in red to him.

"Ah! This is a very special character in the old legend our shrine represents, my dear." He answered as he cleared his throat "He is the main part of the legend of Inuyasha." He replied as he set him back into her hands. "You see, Kagome, hundreds of years ago, in this very city, before it became Tokyo of course, there lived a powerful half demon. His name was Inuyasha. He once was after what was called the Shikon Jewel, the Jewel of Four Souls"

As Grandpa went on with his story, Kagome stared at the figure, wondering why she couldn't take her eyes off of him. Suddenly, as she set him back on the table where she had found him, she listened on to the tale, and looked to each and every other figurine. She saw a monk clothed in black and purple robes, two priestesses, one young, one old. And one girl and one young boy dressed in interesting clothing, holding weapons in their hands, standing at the ready to attack or defend against a weird looking demon.

`Ha, must have been Grandpa's creation, that one...' She thought in her mind as she looked to a shrine built on top of a hill, and one tree, nearest the Inuyasha. Strangely enough, it was taller than the rest, and it seemed to be of grander stature and looks.

"Grandpa," Kagome interrupted, "Why is that tree significant?" She asked as she pointed to the tree next to Inuyasha.

"Oh! I'm glad you asked!" He spoke as he cleared his throat once again. "This tree is sacred! It's called Goshinboku, or the God Tree. It is a tree of time, and it's special to the story of Inuyasha. As a matter of fact, it's a model of the same tree just outside in the shrine. Now, where was I?" He asked himself as Kagome noticed the time and gasped. It was half past seven, and she needed to be at school by eight!

"Ah! Sorry gramps, but I gotta go. I love it! Thank you! You can tell me more when I get home, okay? Bye mom, Bye Souta!" Kagome shouted over her shoulder as she raced out the front door to run her way towards the bus stop.

"Kids. No appreciation for history." Grandpa said as he closed his eyes and shook his head. As he got that out of his system, he decided to gather up the figurines and put them aside so that he could move the table up to her room, where Kagome could enjoy it in her free time.

Once the table was set up in her room, he went into the kitchen to grab the figurines. That's when he noticed something peculiar; the figurine for Inuyasha was missing. "Hmmm...Now I Know I set them together, where could that little fella have gone?" He asked out loud as he looked through the figures to make sure he was surely missing, and then bent over to see if it had fallen on the floor.

"Hmmm...Nowhere to be found. That's very weird! I know I set him with the others. I wonder what happened to him. Oh well, I'll look once I've got the rest of them set on the model for her." He said to himself as he made his way out of the kitchen and up the stairs to Kagome's room.

Meanwhile, Inuyasha hid between the last cabinet in the corner and the wall. He studied his surroundings and he was frightened at how tall and huge everything was. He didn't recognize anything, or remember living in such a strange place before. He had no clue what half the stuff was that he was looking at, or was hidden by.

"How did I end up here? Where am I? Why do I feel so small?"

Then he looked down at himself, his hands, his clothes, everything was like..."This isn't skin, what is this? It's hard! My haori is fake...What?! Arm joints?! What is this? This isn't my body!" He shouted out loud to no one, as he realized his new tiny brain couldn't take anymore, and he just fainted right there, in the corner; hidden from anyone's sight.

Ha ha ha!!!! I hope you all enjoyed this chappie! This fic is gonna be so much fun to write, but please let me know what you think! Ja ne, for now!