InuYasha Fan Fiction ❯ The Model Village ❯ Surprise! ( Chapter 2 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

I do not own the characters from Inuyasha

Hello everybody! Wow, thank you very much for the reviews! And now, I will answer some of the questions I've received in your reviews. Well yes, all the characters will be figurines and will appear in this story, since they are in fact in the original work by Rumiko Takahashi. Also, hmmm…I could try to see what I can do as far as the figurine picture one of you asked me to draw. I am only a beginner artist as far as sketching goes, but I can definitely give it a try, and hopefully I can give him some figurine justice… (Shifts eyes). The thing is, that would have to come from my imagination, and it's still in the developmental stages, so…I'll see what I can do. Also, never fear…I am a working woman who has tons of time on her hands, as you can see, so my updates will be almost daily, if not close to that. Writing, posting fics and pics have become my hobbies, and I check my pages everyday, so…yeah…I've blabbed enough…Now, On with the fic!

Model Village Chapter 2: Surprise!

Kagome was on her way to the front door of the school when suddenly, she felt a tap on her right shoulder. She turned around and saw Hojo standing there directly behind her holding up a single yellow rose, and a card. The smile on his face was genuine when he said, "Happy 15th birthday, Kagome".

Kagome smiled as he handed her the rose and card, and then responded with, "Thanks, Hojo…You really didn't have to, but the rose is so beautiful." She sniffed the rose and her eyes returned to the card in her hand. She walked over to a bench and gently set the rose down beside her. When she opened the envelope to read the card, Hojo sat down beside her to see her reaction to the card.

When she opened it, sure enough…it was a sappy love card, not like the cute and funny cards she would usually get from her friends. As she read the beautiful poetry, she sighed and thought about how sweet Hojo's always been to her. The only thing about it was, she never really felt the same about him. She did like him, but something always made her feel like he's just not her type, no matter how nice or sweet he was towards her. Once she had finished reading the sappy card, she turned and gave him a hug in thanks again for his thoughtfulness. That's when the question came…

"Hey Kagome, are you free this weekend? I was wondering if you'd like to go to a movie." Hojo asked confidently.

"Well, I don't know. It all depends on what my family has planned for me. They always like to surprise me on the weekend after my birthday."… `Not!'

Hojo got up from the bench, handed her the rose, and then called over his shoulder as he walked into the school, "Okay! Let me know when you can. My offer will still stand for any weekend. I'll see ya later, Kagome!"

Kagome just sat there and stared at the rose. Kagome shook her head as she thought of how weird he can be. That's when her three buddies just suddenly crowded around her squealing at how he gave her a rose and a sappy card, as well as the date offer. Kagome shushed them all and said, "Okay…Now what's going on you guys?"

"Oh, we were just about to come up and give you your card, and that's when Hojo came by and…"

"Yeah, yeah yeah…I know what happens after that, but what did you guys want other than to talk about Hojo?" Kagome interrupted Ayumi as her friend produced a card, and all three girls smiled mischievously. `Oh boy, here we go…' Kagome thought to herself as she opened the envelope. It turned out to look like an ordinary birthday card until she opened it to see what was written inside…That's when a really loud and annoying song came billowing out…you know the one…'Happy Birthday to you, you live in a zoo'

As she stood there looking at the inside of the card, holding only their signatures, everyone who was walking past them knew it was indeed her birthday. She quickly closed the card before the song lyrics came to, `You smell like a monkey…' and she cleared her throat and glared at her friends. "Very funny…"

They laughed and elbowed each other and then Ayumi replied, "Aw, c'mon Kags, you know it's all in good fun." As she nudged Kagome's shoulder to get a smile out of her. Apparently it worked when she giggled and apologized for her reaction. That's when the four of them heard the bell ring and walked through the doors to get to their classes for the day.

The rest of the day was just like any other day, save for the few other cards Kagome received. She held onto her rose as she went through the day. She had it set in the binding of one of her notebooks. No one asked her where she got it from because the whole school knew about Hojo's crush on her. They knew she had no one else that adamant after her affections. She loved roses, and he somehow figured it out…Gee, from one of the three musketeer's maybe?

{Meanwhile, at home}

Inuyasha was still out cold for a little while. Grandpa still could not find him, and had no idea Inuyasha had run off after he set him down on the chair. The fall from the chair didn't hurt him one bit, even though it seemed like it was a long fall. Inuyasha awoke after the girl picked him up. He just seemed mesmerized by her face. Inuyasha had no idea why he was so small compared to her, but he was in a trance. He was released from that trance once she ran away from the table. Once Inuyasha noticed he was alone, he then just got up and jumped off the chair and ran to the nearest hiding place. That was when Inuyasha realized what he was.

As Inuyasha lay there, reliving the earlier events, he felt something touch his foot. As Inuyasha came to, he heard some strange noises. He sat up, and saw this huge furry paw coming after him! He right away realized what it was. That girl and her grandpa had a cat. "Oh boy, I'm really in for it now…How do I hide from that?" He said out loud as the cat still struggled to grab hold of his foot. He wiggled further back, in hopes that the cat doesn't wind up pointing out that he was there. That's when he heard footsteps coming towards him.

Grandpa saw Buyo acting strange and trying to get something from between the wall and the cabinet. He walked up to the cat, to see if it was a bug or something. Inuyasha noticed a little piece of paper next to him once he got as far back as he could go. Inuyasha hid under it. Grandpa leaned over the cat and looked to see what was driving Buyo nuts.

"What is it Buyo? You bug hunting again? What did ya find, boy?"

Inuyasha could feel the eyes burning right through the piece of paper he was hiding under. He tried not to move. He sat there silently as he waited for those eyes to be averted. That's when he was blinded by a really bright light through the thin piece of paper. He flinched slightly as he tried to avert his closed eyes, but then it turned off suddenly.

"Well Buyo, I don't know what you found or saw, but it's gone now. C'mon, away from the corner, Buyo." Grandpa said as he picked up the fat furry annoyance and carried him out of the kitchen.

Inuyasha breathed a sigh of relief as he pushed the piece of paper to the side and then walked up to the end of the cabinet. Noticing that the coast was clear, he ventured out into the open. As he stepped into the middle of the room, he noticed another table had replaced the one he was on earlier and chairs were set up around it. He walked up to the chair closest to the entrance of the kitchen, and looked down the hallway. He wondered if he would be noticed by the old man, the cat, or something else he wouldn't expect.

He looked down at himself again, now that he was in a brighter spot than before, and noticed his body. He had arms that only moved at the shoulder, and at the weird elbow joints in them. Then he got a strange idea; he took hold of his right arm with his left hand and pushed down really hard. His right arm swung around all the way back to where it was positioned, but it didn't hurt! "Whoa…" He exclaimed.

Inuyasha realized that he can't feel pain. No blood, no pulse. Just a body put together. Then he thought about something odd…'What's holding my head to this body?' He put his hands on each side of his face and began to turn his head to the right. Strangely enough, his head did not stop turning as he kept pushing and pulling! He turned his head all the way around and then back again! "AH!" He screamed, and then felt around his neck and noticed a gap between two different types to material. That he surely did not recognize. He looked at his waist, and saw a gap there too. He tried the same thing he did with his head, and shocked himself with the new knowledge that he had no back bones!

Inuyasha began to freak out, and decided he had to find a mirror or anything where he could see his reflection. He started running out into the hallway, all the while; he prayed to the Gods that he would not be seen. As he raced across the floor, he heard footsteps. He stopped and then dodged around the nearest corner, and bumped into something at face-level. Inuyasha fell onto his back and looked up above him. What he saw scared him. A huge flight of stairs, and no where to hide.

Kagome got through the day and headed on home alone. As she was coming up to the house, she thought about the village, and how she wanted to spend her time looking at all the figurines, and learning about each of them. For once, she was truly interested in what her grandpa had to say. She usually would nod off or walk away after ten minutes of his babble, but he certainly caught her attention with her new gift. She never thought she'd get into a history lesson, but she was beginning to be convinced.

As Kagome reached the front door, and effortlessly slid it open, she walked in and immediately took off her shoes, and replaced them with house slippers. She closed the door and headed towards the hallway when she heard something hit the shiny wooden floor further down the hallway somewhere. She listened for a second. Since Kagome heard nothing else after that, she figured it was Buyo playing with one of his toys or something, so she ignored it and started walking towards the stairs. As she stepped around the corner casually, she felt a quick pain under her left foot and heard some strange noise that resembled a chipmunk's squeal.

"Itai!" Kagome squealed as she looked down at what it was she stepped on. Shock spread across her face as she saw what, or should we say `who', she stepped on. She had stepped on the very figurine she was holding that morning.

But wait, she couldn't believe her eyes as she looked down and noticed it made that strange noise she heard a moment ago. She kneeled down close to the figurine and saw that it's eyes were blinking at her. It did not say a word, or move anything other than the eyes. She sat there in awe and wonder as it's gaze pierced her very soul. They stayed like that for about a moment when suddenly…

"What! Why are you staring at me like that? Stop it! It's ticking me off! Say something, dammit!" Inuyasha spout out in that chipmunk voice of his and she began to get this look on her face.

"You…You talked! You're alive? Wow! That's incredible! Man, I knew there was something special about you. Cool! You're even cuter than before! Ha ha ha ha ha!!!!" Kagome replied as she just sat there and laughed at the thought that she had landed the most interesting gift from her grandpa.

Inuyasha sat up and tried to lean back on his elbows when he fell over to the side suddenly with an "Oof!" He looked over to his right and noticed his right arm had been disconnected when she stepped on him. He didn't realize that had happened since he couldn't feel pain.

"Oh no! Did I do that?" Kagome asked as she knelt further over him and picked him up along with his departed limb. Inuyasha couldn't say anything in reaction. She had an apologetic look in her eyes. She turned him on his side and looked at the hole and then at the arm to gauge the difficulty of the reattachment. Once she figured it out, she then proceeded to push the nub of the limb back into the hole in his shoulder. Once it clicked into place, Inuyasha sat up in her hand and rolled his arm around to make sure it still worked right. Once he was satisfied, he then looked back up at her.

"Thanks. I was scared for a minute there." Inuyasha replied.

"Oh, no problem. It was my fault it happened in the first place. Well, let's get you back where you belong, okay?" Kagome said cheerfully as she proceeded up the stairs to her room with the cute little guy cradled in her hands.

Well, there ya have it…Inuyasha has been found out, and now the plot really begins. I certainly hope this chapter has been as good as the first. I know it started out with a sappy beginning with Kagome, but ya know…If I had not added what was going on with Kagome and her relationship to Hojo, questions as far as whether or not Kagome has a boyfriend would certainly come up. I've pretty much decided to stick very close to the personalities of the characters as Rumiko had written them. So, yes you can expect plenty of craziness in the future chappies (nods) Oh! Also, if you're wondering about Tetsussaiga? Yeah, Inuyasha has it strapped to his hip, but whether or not he or any of the characters still have their powers will be revealed in the next chapter, Ok? Oh! And also, I have no idea whether Buyo is male or female. I just figured that since Buyo has some very male attributes in the series that I would just make Buyo male, K? Just thought I'd try to get a head start on any confusion. Well, Ja ne for now! And thanks again for your reviews!