InuYasha Fan Fiction ❯ The Model Village ❯ Youkai Antics ( Chapter 5 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

I do not own Inuyasha and company.

Well, folks…Here's another chapter of MV! Yay! You all have been very wonderful with reading and reviewing. I'm just happy that I have the time to be able to update every week! I have been going over a couple of the previous chapters, and I've revised them due to mistakes I've caught. I corrected those mistakes, and you'll notice those changes if you decide to go back and look at them. The plot for this fic started out slow, but this fic is accelerating and I really can't say how long this fic will be, because I've been writing this one out chapter for chapter. What you have, I have. I have a good idea as to where this fic is going, and I think I have the ending figured out in my head, but we'll see how it turns out when the time comes. I find that when I don't plan exactly what happens from chapter to chapter, I can easily focus on each one, and each chapter can be simple, only concentrating on one point of the story. Yes, the chapters are short, but at least I'm able to post them quickly, and more often. My fics write themselves, so enjoy what the characters have to offer, K? Once again, Thanks for your reviews and encouragement to keep this fic going. ^_^

Chapter 5: Youkai antics

When Inuyasha and Kagome returned to her bedroom, Kagome walked up to the village, noticing nothing had changed since they had left. Miroku, Kaede and Sesshoumaru still sat where they had been sitting when last seen. Only difference, they were in deep conversation.

Kagome set Inuyasha down on the grassy area just next to Kikyo's shrine at the top of the hill, over looking the village. They listened silently as the conversation between the three continued. They seemed to have been discussing what Inuyasha had just talked to Kagome about.

"Hmm…I always wondered what those two had between each other. I don't think I'll ever understand why he fell for such a dangerous human, but that's not my concern. And due to his love for that human, like our father, he suffered through death as well." Sesshoumaru closed his eyes in annoyance at his brother's weak heart and stupidity. "As far as I'm concerned, he should have known that relationship would not last, especially since he's only half mortal. She would have died long before him anyways."

Kagome looked down at Inuyasha after hearing his brother talk of the relationship he had with Kikyo as if it was the biggest mistake in the world. Inuyasha stood up, jumped over the fake steps and ran over to his brother. Inuyasha lifted Sesshoumaru off the ground by his kimono and growled at him.

Miroku stood up and shouted, "Inuyasha! Calm down! There's no need for violence!"

Inuyasha turned his eyes towards Miroku. Miroku stepped back, as he could have sworn he saw a glimpse of red flashing in them. Kaede backed away, hoping Inuyasha would be able to curve his anger. Kagome gasped at the flash of red. Inuyasha heard her reaction and glanced her way. Once he saw the look of fear on Kagome's face, he closed his eyes, and turned his head back towards his brother. He opened his eyes once again to give Sesshoumaru the look of absolute anger before he threw his lightweight older-brother to the side.

Kagome kept her eyes on Inuyasha as he just stood there as if he just tossed a piece of garbage away out of disgust. He raised his head, hands clenched at his sides as he let out the steam building within him. "I don't want to ever hear talk of Kikyo like that!"

Inuyasha turned towards his brother and went on with, "You know nothing of love. You know nothing about us, or anything about her! You have no idea what it's like! To be an outcast, to be looked down upon, to not be able to live a life you were meant to live! She came to me! She accepted me! I accepted her! I can't help how my heart feels for her! I don't want to hear any rude comments towards Kikyo ever again. Especially from you! I thought you were going to give me the respect an older brother should give! And here you are, making me out to be the village idiot!"

Sesshoumaru sat there and took everything Inuyasha shoved at him with the poker face Inuyasha and his friends knew Sesshoumaru for. There was just no scaring him, or getting him to back down. Sesshoumaru was known for resistance to anything that would get even the village idiot bristled. Inuyasha looked out of breathe, and he looked like he could lose it at anytime.

Kagome decided to lean over the table, and put her fingers on his shoulder. Inuyasha turned his head and saw her large but healthy nails. He then unclenched his hands, relaxed and turned around to face her. There was that look she was beginning to become accustomed to, especially since she knew now what kind of life he had lived before he became a part of hers.

Miroku watched the exchange between Inuyasha and Kagome. He walked up to Inuyasha's side, put his hand on his other shoulder and signaled for Inuyasha to lend him his ear. Inuyasha obliged calmly and curiously. After a couple of seconds of Miroku whispering into his ear, Inuyasha's eyes got big. Inuyasha choked for a second then turned to Miroku and smacked him over the head saying, "You Letch!"

Miroku landed face first on the ground and rubbed his head where the knot formed from Inuyasha's fist and he chuckled at Inuyasha's answer to his question. To him, that meant a `yes'. Miroku knew Inuyasha all too well to know that hitting someone over the head like that was more than likely a yes answer. Miroku may have been a letch, but at the same time, he knew Inuyasha when it came to the subject of relations with the opposite sex. Inuyasha was very private about those matters. He would rather die than express his feelings or his desires for women with Miroku.

After Inuyasha gave Miroku `what for' in his mind, he gave a verbal "Keh", then crossed his arms over his chest and looked the opposite direction towards his brother.

Sesshoumaru was sitting very comfortably on the fake grass. He had his legs stretched out in front of him, crossed at the ankle, and he was leaned back on his elbows. One thing that hadn't changed one bit was the poker face he sported as he looked off to the side at some unknown object. Sesshoumaru looked off in his own little world without a care.

Seeing that he was not going to get at his brother, Inuyasha decided to walk off towards Kikyo's figurine. Kagome watched him as he walked towards his past love's body. He still looked mildly pissed off, but he had calmness to him at the same time.

Inuyasha stopped in front of Kikyo's figure. His eyes stared on as if trying to will her eyes open with his mind. His stare was so strong, even Miroku couldn't help but watch him stare at her. Miroku walked up next to him and waved his hand in front of Inuyasha's eyes after a couple of times of saying his name. Miroku then decided to leave his friend be and talk to the girl who woke them up.

"Hey, Kagome? Do you think you could awaken those two standing by Naraku?" Miroku asked politely.

Kagome nodded and touched both of their heads and watched them both take fighting stances, ready for Naraku to attack. That's when Miroku walked up and stopped Sango from throwing her Hiraikotsu at the demon. Kagome watched the exchange between the monk and the two taijiya's for a moment and then turned once again to the hanyou and his figurine.

Inuyasha had only moved his hand since she looked last. His hand was now on Kikyo's cheek. Kagome became curious. She needed to confirm something. She got up from her chair and walked quietly to the other side of the table to see Inuyasha's face as he looked upon Kikyo. What she saw was amazing. He was whispering something to the figurine. Kagome couldn't make out much because it was as if he was not even passing air through his lips as his mouth moved. His eyes had a far off look in them, as if he was daydreaming, and his hand remained on her cheek. She had never seen such love and devotion from one man. She decided to move out of his sight and allow him to settle his feelings privately. She knelt down slowly and crawled under the table back to her chair and sat down as she watched the exchange of the monk, the child and the woman.

Miroku struggled to explain things to the woman and the boy without being smacked. Kagome giggled as she watched Miroku make a fool of himself. That's when a question came to her mind. Kagome then decided to talk to Kaede about it.

"Excuse me, Kaede?" Kagome asked politely to get the older miko's attention.

"Yes, my child?" Kaede answered.

"Do you know anything about the bandit Kikyo took care of? Inuyasha had mentioned that Kikyo had nursed a bandit. Is that true?" Kagome asked.

"Yes, it is my child. Even I took care of the bandit. His name was Onigumo. He was a very pathetic man with a black soul. Kikyo found him badly injured somewhere not too far away, and decided to try and nurse him back to health, and make the rest of his life as comfortable as possible. She did this even though she knew he would never leave the cave she harbored him in." Kaede said as she shook her head. Kaede was never fond of the man, and still questioned why Kikyo thought it was so important to help such a foul creature of a man.

"What had happened to him? Why was he so destitute to need total care like that?" Kagome asked.

"I know not my child. I chose to leave well enough alone while I took care of him. He did speak while I was in his presence. The horrible things he would say in my presence frightened me at the time. All of those negative things he would say had all been towards Kikyo and her self-righteousness. He wanted badly to harm her somehow. He lusted after her, and wanted nothing but horrible things to happen to her. He even told me he had found out about the jewel being in her possession, and what he wanted it for." Kaede mentioned.

"Did you tell Kikyo what he said about her?" Kagome enquired.

"Yes, and all she said to me was to forgive his impurity, for he may never even have the ability or the opportunity to make those thoughts a reality. She said those words casually as if it was expected of him to think those impure thoughts about my sister. I did not approve of him saying those things about her, or plotting against her, but I took into account that he couldn't even sit up on his own." Kaede replied.

"Oh, like, Inuyasha. All talk and no bite, right?" Kagome answered.

Inuyasha's superior hearing caught those words as his attention was then directed away from his words to Kikyo. Was that how she saw him? All bark and no bite? `Keh, she can think all she wants. She barely even knows me. Still, she has shown me just as much kindness if not more than Kikyo had when she first acknowledged me. I just…I can't see Kagome as herself. I can't understand why, but I see nothing but Kikyo, only younger. She has not been corrupted, and does not carry the responsibility Kikyo did. She's free-spirited. She's living the life Kikyo always wanted.' Inuyasha realized and looked from the figurine to Kagome's eyes. The warmth he saw there was amazing. Kikyo got her wish. She was reincarnated to live the life she was meant to live, and there he was…Stuck in a plastic, small and useless body. How fate worked was strange. They ended up together again. What were the odds of that?

"Well, you could say that. Although, I don't doubt that if that wretched soul ever had the means and the strength to do it, he would have done all those things to my sister before she even had the chance to call on Inuyasha. Granted, Naraku would never have been born, but who's to say the outcome would have been better, my child?" Kaede replied as she noticed a shift in the grass to her side. Kaede turned to see Inuyasha looking towards Kagome. The look in his eyes was different. The look was no longer that of longing, nor loss, but of acceptance.

Kagome's gaze finally shifted to Inuyasha's and she saw the acceptance. Kagome returned the look with a small smile. Inuyasha returned that smile, and they gained a silent connection. Inuyasha could no longer keep his thoughts quiet, for Kikyo's sake. He took one more look at her sealed body as if to say goodbye, and began to walk towards Kagome and Kaede to explain himself and his actions.

"Kaede, I have a question about reincarnation." Inuyasha asked as he looked upon Kagome.

"What is it, Inuyasha?" Kaede enquired.

"Do reincarnated souls remain together throughout time?"

"It is said that is possible. Why do you ask?" Kaede answered as Inuyasha turned and looked to Kaede.

"Well, I just thought it was awfully peculiar that it turned out to be Kagome of all people that found us. Isn't it? I mean, couldn't fate have been ugly enough to not allow us to be found by her?" Inuyasha asked as he pointed off towards Kagome.

"Well, if my theory on reincarnations is correct, fate would have made it so that she would have found us no matter what the circumstance. She would have at least found ye, definitely. It seems ye two were meant to be together at least once more, my child." Kaede stated with a smile.

"I remember how Kikyo wanted to live her life. She wanted an ordinary life. Carefree, happy, and given the chance to marry. Most of all, she wanted to be with me. Could it be possible we could be together as we hoped? Is that what this is all about Kaede? Could that have been part of her plan, whatever she wanted for us?" Inuyasha asked, as he looked at Kagome once again, searching for recognition in her eyes.

Kagome just took a step back and raised her hands in the air in saying, "Uh…I have no idea what you're talking about, Inuyasha. How would I know that? It does make sense though, but even if I am her reincarnation, I still don't know who she was. I can't recall her thoughts. I do have feelings gravitating towards your well-being, Inuyasha, but I can't say I feel anything else. How could I know what her last dieing thoughts were? Unless there's a way to find out, Kaede?" Kagome asked as Kaede put a hand on her chin in thought.

"Hmm…I really don't know, my child. Maybe in your era, are there ways to talk to the souls of those who have passed on?" Kaede enquired.

"Uh…Well, maybe. There may be ways, but I know they'd be unorthodox…Taboo. Taboo is not dealt with very highly these days. Monks and priestesses are pretty much only used for keeping up shrines. They have no real use in my era. If they had a good use, I would have been trained as a priestess, by my grandfather most likely." Kagome mentioned as she rolled her eyes at the thought of her grandpa actually knowing what he's doing.

"Oh. No wonder why Kikyo had chosen this era to be reborn. She could be free of any spiritual responsibility aside from your existence, Inuyasha. Although, I fear you may be looked upon as taboo yourself, Inuyasha." Kaede replied as she turned and pointed out his demon features.

"NGH! Urusai, Ba ba!" Inuyasha grunted out, crossed his arms over his chest and closed his eyes to calm his temper. Kaede may have grown old, but at times, he still considered her that little brat she was when Kikyo was alive.

Kagome smiled at the thought of her friends freaking out over Inuyasha's cute ears. Although, since no demons had survived up to her era, people wouldn't understand them like the people in his era. Sure, he may have been feared back then, but they were used to seeing demons every now and then. They even supported demons depending on what they stood for. Nowadays, with the many different religions out there, since western trading was established in the Meiji era, demons would be feared by those of her time. What would THEY say about someone like Inuyasha, including what his name represents? There'd be no way they would accept him. He'd be victim to exorcisms.

"What do you think, Kagome? Would I be accepted in your era? Or have things not changed much?" Inuyasha asked.

"Well, Inuyasha. I don't think it would be easy for you here. To be honest, there's a lot of history you've missed since you were frozen in time. One event in particular was the establishment of western trading in the Meiji era, in the 1800's. A brand new country in the west, United States of America asked to begin trading with our land. Once that was accepted, the world became smaller, Inuyasha. What I mean by that is, the world was brought together. We now trade with countries all over the world! We trade food, furniture, customs, clothing, and even religion is shared. What I mean by that is that there are new races of people living here, and with them came new beliefs and demons have not been sighted during these times. Most people these days are not accustomed to seeing demons. You would more than likely be considered taboo. You would more than likely cause a panic." Kagome answered as she lowered her head. `Inuyasha has had no break, and he's still found to be stuck between a rock and a hard place. Even today, it's just not fair' Kagome thought to herself. She opened her eyes and looked on him.

Inuyasha looked down to the fake grass. He couldn't believe what he had heard. He would still be considered taboo. Even in her era. He sat down and covered his face in his hands as he thought about his options. The chances of him going back to his time would only be possible if he could make a wish on the jewel, but where it was could be anybody's guess. Then, he'd be without Kikyo completely. He'd be all alone again. No, he wouldn't allow that. His only option would be to become human. That way he could at least be with Kagome.

"Inuyasha, there's something I haven't told you yet. There are people out there who fight for people like you. People who fight for the outcasts. These people are the most wonderful people in the world. Yes, they are widespread, but I'm sure they would accept you. If you were to remain here in my era, I'm sure we'll find a way." Kagome sympathized as she once again gave him her assurance with a finger to his shoulder. Her number one concern would now be for his safety and his comfort. She wanted to make sure he was allotted a chance to live a wonderful life, as she was allotted. To take that chance away from Inuyasha would be terrible, and unfair.

"You don't understand, Kagome. You can try all you want; they will still see me as a freak of nature. I'm willing to accept that. Heck, why was I even given a second chance? I've done nothing I'm proud of! I even have to live with memories from my past! You don't know me, Kagome. Hell, Kikyo thought she knew me. I know who and what I am, and what I'm capable of. I'm not some freak pet that's been deformed or something. I am powerful, Kagome. I could kill you before you could even pray for your life. All I'd need is to be given a reason to snap at someone, and they're done for. Don't think you know how things will turn out. Someone like me is not meant to have a wonderful life. It's not even worth trying." Inuyasha slapped this information in Kagome's face as he looked to become hateful. Hateful of himself, his life, and those around him.

"Inuyasha, don't say that! You've been through a lot, and I know that we've only just met, but I feel it's YOUR turn to be accepted for once. There's no reason why I shouldn't care for you! You need me! You need them! You were given a second chance, whether or not you feel you deserved it. It turns out; you're not the one to decide your fate. Accept the hand you've been dealt once again, and I'll help you figure out how to play! Please, accept that. For me? I'm willing to help you in anyway I can. Same for anyone else who awakens here. There is a place for all of you, I'm sure of it!" Kagome spat out as a snort sounded in the distance. Kagome followed the sound and saw who it belonged to.

"Sure. You don't know who or what I am either, pathetic human. A place for me amongst humans? That's absurd. I have no use for them, nor do I care for them. As far as I'm concerned, they are fodder. You've already lived your use. You awoke us. That's all you're good for. What makes you think some filthy creature like you would ever accept me as one of you? Humans will more than likely consider me the devil. Don't speak of things you know nothing about, girl. Inuyasha's right. He's a freak. Just accept that and let us all move on to our fates. I'd rather stay in this form if it means I could be left alone. You have no idea what I can do to the entire human race. The chaos I could cause. Am I right, little brother?" Sesshoumaru ground out as he sneered at Inuyasha's back. That sneer sent chills down Inuyasha's back. A smile on Sesshoumaru's face only meant one thing; he was plotting something. `Thank Kami he's only a plastic action figure, that piece of shit!' Inuyasha thought to himself as he turned around and snickered at Sesshoumaru.

"What're you laughing about?" Sesshoumaru ground out as Inuyasha fell to his back and finally lost himself in laughter. Sesshoumaru's eyebrows furrowed in anger at his laugh, knowing Inuyasha had found something funny about him.

"You'd rather remain a plastic piece of shit so you won't be noticed! Ha ha ha!" Inuyasha laughed out as Sesshoumaru's face turned bright red with anger.

Sesshoumaru began to sit up and looked ready to pounce when Kagome tapped Inuyasha on the knee as he held his belly while it became pained due to the hard laughing. "Uh…Inuyasha, I think that's enough…"

Before Kagome could finish her sentence, Sesshoumaru had grabbed Inuyasha by the neck and lifted him up above his head. Since Inuyasha's neck was made of hard plastic, he kept on laughing as hard as when he was while laying on the ground. Sesshoumaru, having had enough, slapped his rubber head. Inuyasha's head turned all the way around as he still laughed. Sesshoumaru really became angered. That's when Sesshoumaru got a strange idea. He hit Inuyasha's head from a bad angle. Inuyasha's head popped off, and rolled a few inches away, still laughing.

Miroku saw what happened and fell to his knees in laughter. Sango saw Inuyasha's head laughing on the ground, and fainted. Kohaku stood there in shock. Kaede closed her eyes and shook her head. Kagome couldn't help but giggle as she realized that the youkai siblings were really going to make things interesting as they go along.

Ha ha ha ha!!! *Rolls on the floor laughing my butt off* Man, I soo don't know where that came from, but that was a trip! Couldn't you see Inuyasha taunting his cool, smooth brother with something that disturbing? LOL! *sigh* Those are the things Inuyasha does that make him loveable. Don't ya agree? Well, I certainly hope you all had a good laugh. And yes, there will be more crazy antics to come. Just you wait…I've had my few serious chappys, now it's on to the craziness! I certainly aim to have fun with these characters, and try as best as I can to make light of their predicament. I know, I guess I'm having a bit too much fun writing my first comedy. Oh well (Blah blah blah *explodes*) Once again, thank you very much for your support and your reviews are greatly appreciated. *nods* Well, ja ne for now! {^_^}