InuYasha Fan Fiction ❯ The Model Village ❯ Oh no…not him… ( Chapter 6 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

I do not own the characters of Inuyasha.

 

Well, I hope you all enjoyed that last chapter of MV! I know I enjoyed writing it. My fics tend to surprise me more than anything else does. I have an Idea as to what each chapter will contain, but as far as how they turn out, each chapter is a mystery to the end. That's what makes writing them soo much fun because they become just as much a mystery to me as they are to you as you read them for the first time. Cool, huh? {^_^} Well, I have no clue how this one will turn out, so have fun reading as I have fun writing. Ja ne!

 

 

Chapter 6: Oh no…not him…

 

 

After Inuyasha cooled off, his laughing had subsided and Sesshoumaru had thrown his body away in the opposite direction from his head, the first thing Inuyasha asked for was if someone could bring his head over to his body. Kagome picked his head up and placed it back on his body. Once he was whole once again, he thanked Kagome and then regained his composure. Miroku was still trying to rid himself of the hilarious image of Inuyasha's head laughing. Sango had fainted, and Kohaku finally understood what Miroku was talking about when he had told them their bodies were counterfeit. Kaede decided to sit back down and collect her thoughts on the problem at hand.

 

"Inuyasha, is there anyone else you would like me to wake up?" Kagome asked.

 

Inuyasha looked up at her and shrugged. "Well, not anyone who's important to this. I don't really care who you wake up, just as long as you don't wake up Naraku. Do what you want." He said as he turned his back on her and sat down next to Kaede, his eyes closed and a pensive look appeared on his face.

 

Kagome looked around, saw a few other figurines, and noticed a few small ones. One was tiny, and had red hair and a tail. Another looked like a little girl. Then there was the one that looked like an imp carrying a staff with two heads on it. She also found another little girl with white hair, and a pale face carrying a mirror. Another figurine of a woman with a fan was standing close by. There was another male figurine with a tail and some wolves surrounding him. `Hmmm…Which one should I choose? I don't know who knows what, or who they once were, but I'll wake them all up eventually.' She thought to herself and shrugged.

 

Then she made her decision. She decided to wake up the little girl, the little boy and the imp. Those three looked the least likely to cause trouble. She touched the head of the little boy first. When he sprang to life, he yelled, "Inuyasha! Don't fight Naraku!"

 

Inuyasha's eyes opened as he heard his name called and turned his head towards the voice. Once he saw who it was his reaction was, "Aw…Not Shippo…" Inuyasha sighed, covered his face with his hands and fell backwards.

 

"What? What's wrong with him, Inuyasha? You said I could wake up any of the other figures. Why not him? He's soo cute!" Kagome replied as Inuyasha began to beat his head into the fake grass repeatedly.

 

"Believe me…He's a nuisance…" Inuyasha said between beatings.

 

Kagome shrugged and watched as the little guy became bristled and ran over to Inuyasha. Shippo stepped up next to him, grabbed hold of his left ear and screamed into it, causing Inuyasha to cringe and roll over grabbing his ear. Shippo just laughed and jumped up and down beside him and sang the Nah Nah song. Kagome laughed and watched the kid annoy Inuyasha for a few moments and then turned to the other two little figures.

 

Kagome touched the little girl and she instantly started yelling for Sesshoumaru, which to Kagome was odd after hearing him say he had no love for humans. The little girl ran up to Sesshoumaru as soon as she saw him, and Kagome watched the two of them interact. It was soo cute. Sesshoumaru didn't show must emotion, but he did show just enough interest to let Kagome know they knew each other and that he was somehow special to the little girl. The girl saw some fake flowers nearby and began to gather them. Once she had found enough, she made a ringlet. Then she walked up to him. What Kagome saw next was the sweetest thing she had ever seen. Unexpectedly, Sesshoumaru knelt down in front of the little girl, and she placed the ringlet on top of his head. Just that simple show amazed Kagome, a tear rolled down her cheek, as her smile grew large.

 

After Inuyasha smacked Shippo hard enough to make him scream and cry, he looked off to the side, seeing the exchange between the little girl and his brother. He began to stifle a snicker as he saw his brother sport the ringlet of flowers, stand up proudly and watch the little girl run circles around him telling him how pretty he looked. After he had seen enough, Inuyasha busted out laughing at his brother sporting a ringlet of flowers. Sure, he had seen Sesshoumaru with that little girl often when they bumped into each other before they became frozen in time. What surprised him was he had no idea he had become close enough to the girl to not be afraid to wear something like that for her.

 

Sesshoumaru heard the laughing. He knew who it was from, but realized there was nothing to do about it. Fighting his idiot brother was not going to repair his pride. He was happy with Rin, and decided to turn his back since there was no helping it. Rin was happy, that was all that mattered to him at that point.

 

"Rin. Let's go." Sesshoumaru ordered. The little girl perked up at hearing his voice, stopped dancing and spouted, "Hai, Lord Sesshoumaru!" With that, the two walked off towards the forest so they would not be bothered by Inuyasha.

 

As soon as Sesshoumaru and Rin disappeared into the trees, Kagome turned to Inuyasha and flicked him in the stomach, knocking him over. "OW! What'd ya do that for, Kagome?" Inuyasha shouted.

 

"You just don't get it, do ya?" Kagome replied with a look of contempt.

 

"What? What's wrong with me expressing my feelings? Don't you think that was a bit strange? Him bowing to let a human girl put a ring of flowers on his head?!" Inuyasha shouted as he pointed off in the direction they walked off.

 

"No, I don't think there's anything wrong with it at all! Why should I feel that way? I thought it was very sweet. She probably sees him as her father figure. I don't think there's anything wrong with that." Kagome replied, putting her hands on her hips and glaring at him.

 

"You obviously don't know him. You didn't even listen to a thing he said! He just contradicted himself! He said he hates humans, and he's always said that! So what the hell is he doing doting over one?" Inuyasha asked. Noticing Kagome hadn't flinched through that, he just added a "Keh, you people are idiots…You know nothing." As he said that last comment, Inuyasha just closed his eyes and folded his arms over his chest.

 

"You're right, I don't know him. So, explain him to me. Tell me about him in your point of view. I know what he said, but I want to know how others see him. What has he done?" Kagome inquired.

 

"Keh, like you'd care. You heard him; he doesn't give a flying rat's ass about who he is now. So why should what I have to say matter?" Inuyasha stopped ranting when he saw Kagome's face. She was annoyed. He sighed and continued with, "He just wanted revenge on Naraku because he ordered Kohaku to kidnap Rin at one point. Naraku also ordered Kohaku to kill Rin. Sesshoumaru caught him before he could execute his order and he formed a grudge for Naraku ever since. As far as his relationship with the girl, why don't you wake up that stinky little imp over there? I bet he'll be able to tell you why Rin's with him." Inuyasha snorted as he pointed to the little green imp.

 

Kagome reached over and touched his head. The imp awoke with a start. The first thing he did was look around and saw everybody but Sesshoumaru and Rin. "Wait a minute…Where's Rin?! Rin! Rin!" The imp called out for the little girl. Once he realized she was nowhere in sight, he ran up to Inuyasha and asked, "Have you seen Rin? Or Lord Sesshoumaru, Inuyasha?"

 

Inuyasha just gave a heartfelt "Keh, they went that way." And pointed off towards the forest. The imp ran off into the trees shouting their names once again. "Tsch…Big help he was…" Inuyasha grunted as he once again closed his eyes and crossed his arms as he sat.

 

Kagome shrugged. "Yeah, but we can still ask him later."

 

"Keh. Like they're ever gonna come out of that forest again. It's not like they were really a part of this group anyways." Inuyasha pointed out.

 

"So, who actually was a part of your little group?" Kagome asked.

 

"Basically everyone awake. The only one who didn't awaken was Kikyo." Inuyasha replied.

 

"Oh. I'm really sorry about her. Wish there was something I could do. You must be angry about it." Kagome replied solemnly.

 

"Yeah. Well, she is here, only in a different form. I haven't known you for very long, but I've already noticed some similarities in the two of you. Don't worry about me. I'm okay with it. I just want to figure out how we can get our bodies back to normal." Inuyasha thought aloud.

 

Kagome listened as he expressed his frustrations. One thing bothered her, and she continued to ask the question in her mind. Supposedly, the jewel was not complete when Kikyo died. The question of where the rest of it could be kept going through her head. One thing she did remember hearing Inuyasha say was that Kouga and Kohaku had jewel shards in their bodies. She did feel a pull towards the village for some reason. She couldn't decipher what it could be from, but figured it had to do with there being souls contained in the figures. That's when she decided to try something.

 

"Kohaku?" Kagome called out.

 

Kohaku turned to her and looked up. Since he had never seen her before, he stepped a bit closer to the girl next to him. "Yes, I'm Kohaku." He replied.

 

"I'm Kagome. I am the person who woke you up from your slumber. Can I have a closer look at you? Just for a moment? I need to clarify something." Kagome responded as she extended her hand out onto the table in front of him.

 

Kohaku stepped back at first. He looked at Sango and Miroku. Miroku nodded and said, "Don't worry, she's really nice. She won't hurt you."

 

With that answer, Kohaku stepped forward and crawled onto Kagome's hand. Kagome lifted him up and closed her eyes. She could sense something from him. Something powerful. She couldn't place what it was, but she felt like he was a part of her for some reason. Inuyasha noticed the shift in aura in Kagome. As he felt this change, he turned and faced her, eyes open. She looked like she was concentrating very hard. The look on her face reminded him of the look Kikyo had on her face when she used her power of sensory. He knew what she was doing. She was searching for something. He stood up and walked closer to her. It became stronger the closer he got. She was powerful. But he felt something else. Something familiar.

 

"What is it, Kagome? Do you sense something?" Inuyasha asked as she concentrated.

 

"Yes. I don't know why, but this boy has some strange power to him. I thought he was only human. For some reason, holding him here, he feels like he's a part of me." Kagome responded as she raised her other hand to touch him with her index finger. Hoping to find where exactly this power was coming from within him. Kohaku got very scared as her hand wandered all over. Since her eyes were closed, it didn't seem like she knew where to touch him. At least, until her finger reached his upper back, over the right shoulder where it stopped suddenly. Sango gasped as she saw where the finger stopped.

 

"Behind the right hand shoulder! That's where the jewel shard was planted inside him!" Sango shouted. Kagome's eyes shot open and she gasped as well. She was feeling drawn to the shard. Kagome set him down and then went to reach for Kouga.

 

"Wait, Kagome! Don't wake HIM up!" Inuyasha growled.

 

Kagome's hand stopped as she turned her eyes towards Inuyasha and said, "I need to see if he still has the shards in him! Why? Did this guy annoy you too?"

 

"Yes! I hate his guts! All he did was compete with me, and try to kill Naraku before me! All he does is act like he's better than me! He wasn't really someone I was friendly with. He always got in the way!" Inuyasha shouted.

 

"Oh come on, Inuyasha. Grow up! What's there to compete with him over now? Plus, I don't think he or any of you deserved this fate! I'm gonna wake him up, and there's nothing you can say about it!" Kagome screamed as she reached forward and touched Kouga's head. Kouga woke the same way as Miroku, Sango and Kohaku did. He woke determined to deliver a blow to Naraku. He began shouting insults at the baboon and Miroku ran over to him to stop his attack and to make him aware that the situation was not the same. As Miroku explained, he pointed his staff towards Kagome, directing Kouga's gaze to her.

 

Inuyasha watched intently and then suddenly went into a defensive stance, and growled loudly. Kagome looked down at Inuyasha and asked, "What's wrong?"

 

"Keh…You're stupid, woman. You shouldn't have woken him up. I know what he's thinking." Inuyasha shot back as his stance got more evasive and he flexed his hands and cracked his knuckles.

 

Kagome looked down to Kouga once again as he scrutinized her. Kagome got a strange vibe from him. She didn't know why, but she honestly didn't like the way he looked at her. Miroku saw this, and then stepped out in front of Kouga, his arms stretched wide.

 

"What's the meaning of this? Why are you all acting like this? What's happened here? And why isn't Naraku attacking anyone?" Kouga inquired.

 

"Kouga, my name is Kagome. All of you were frozen in time somehow. When that happened, your bodies became what they are now. We are all trying to piece everything together. We're all just as confused as you are. I don't know much about you, or your story, but I have some questions for you." Kagome stated politely.

 

Kouga looked at Miroku, then at Inuyasha. He noticed how different their bodies were. He walked past Miroku and up to Inuyasha. Inuyasha growled once again. The growl didn't phase Kouga one bit. He ignored the bristled dog-boy's protest as he reached out and drew his sword. Inuyasha just stared as Kouga looked closely at his sword. "What is this? This is not steel, what material is this?" Kouga asked.

 

"Plastic. It's fake, though it resembles a rusty sword. Wonder why that happened? I figured only your bodies would be affected by this time freeze." Kagome answered, as she put her hand on her chin deep in thought.

 

"PlAstic…Okay…Never heard of that. When did this material come about?" Kouga asked as he ran his finger along what should have been the sharp edge of the sword.

 

"It's been around for about at least as long as I've been alive. I'm only 15 today." Kagome replied.

 

Kouga just stared at the sword in his hand. He then brought the sword up and hit Inuyasha over the head with it. Inuyasha's head flexed under the sword's force, and then regained its shape after the sword bounced off. Kouga pointed at Inuyasha, dropped the plastic sword and fell to his knees in laughter as he held his belly. Miroku fell to his knees once again, bent over hitting the ground as he laughed. Inuyasha stood there, raised his gaze upwards and lifted his hands to the top of his head to feel if something happened to it. He didn't feel any pain, but he did feel some odd moment of pressure on his head when it was hit with the sword. He couldn't see what was soo funny,

 

"What's with you guys?" Inuyasha asked when he noticed his head was fine.

 

Miroku looked up and said, "You should have seen how funny your head looked when he hit it with the sword! It looked like it was cut in half, but then it bounced back the way it was!" Miroku got another replay of the image in his head, and he fell over to his side as he laughed even harder.

 

Shippo then jumped out from nowhere, landed on Inuyasha's head, and felt himself sink a bit. He jumped up and down a couple of times. "His head's full of springs!" Sango saw what Shippo did and began to laugh along with Kohaku.

 

Once Shippo was in the air, Inuyasha looked up and batted him away before he could land on his head again. "STOP LAUGHING AT ME!" Inuyasha shouted to the rest of them. He was getting annoyed by the fact that whenever anything funny or stupid happened, it had to do with HIM. His outburst did nothing for him. Once he realized they were going to see him for nothing but comic relief, he figured he'd might as well just walk away. So, he turned and headed towards the Goshinboku. Kagome saw his disposition and didn't want him to be hurt.

 

"Inuyasha, where are you going?" Kagome asked.

 

Inuyasha stopped and turned to look at her and show her how he felt. Kagome responded with trust and understanding in her eyes. He turned to her and smiled. She was the only one who could comfort him just by looking at him with her eyes. What he felt for her was unexpected. He had only just met her, but she presented the qualities he loved about Kikyo. Just by realizing that in those few short moments, he knew he could definitely move on.

 

Kagome gave Inuyasha her undivided attention `til she noticed something. She noticed it wasn't as bright in the room as it was earlier. She looked out the window and saw it was sunset. She couldn't believe how much time had passed just paying attention to these souls. Kagome turned in her chair, stood up and walked to turn on the lights. She looked at her clock and saw it was about 6 O'clock in the evening.

 

That's when she remembered something important. She had homework due the next day. "Ah! I have to do my math homework!" She shouted.

 

Inuyasha quirked his eyes and asked, "Huh? What's home work?"

 

"Oh, it's just something I have to do for school." Kagome answered as she searched through her bag for her books.

 

"What's school? Is that more important than this?" Inuyasha asked innocently.

 

Kagome set her books down on the desk across the room and thought for a second. He made a good point. But what would she say if she didn't finish her assignment? Plus, how much longer would it take to solve their mystery? She thought it over for a second and then turned towards the inquiring hanyou. "Well, it won't take very long. Would you like to join me over here? I'm sure you could use some peace and quiet from the others."

 

Inuyasha thought for a second as he turned towards his two `companions' as they laughed and joked and then back to Kagome. He nodded his head, and Kagome came by to pull her chair over to her desk and carry Inuyasha in her free hand. She set him down on the desk, sat down and opened her books. He walked over towards her text book and looked at what was written in it. He could understand the writing, but he didn't understand what the weird symbols meant.

 

He pointed to a division sign and asked, "What's that?"

 

Kagome explained the reason for it, and explain a bit of the concept of math. Inuyasha just sat there and listened. He scratched his head, and replied, "I still don't get it. What's so important about this stuff? What's it used for?"

 

"Oh, you have no idea how important this stuff is, and how much we use it nowadays. It can help you figure out the distance from one point to another, help you figure out change for payments of money, and help you find out how much half of something is and stuff like that. It can help you know how close you have to be in order to deliver a finishing blow to an enemy." Kagome stated as she shrugged and smiled.

 

"Keh, I did well at defeating enemies in the past without this math mumbo jumbo. Why would I want to learn that stuff now?" Inuyasha retorted as she picked up her pencil and began to write in her notebook.

 

"Well, I don't know what it was like in the feudal era. Maybe you didn't need it to survive in your time. In my time, we rely heavily on this knowledge. You may find it may come quite in handy if you really know what you're doing and you know where and when to apply it." She responded as she read and wrote out her first math problem.

 

"Keh." Was all he muttered as he sat down on the desktop. He noticed a strange sound he made as his butt hit the hard wooden surface. She looked at him wondering if he had fallen over, and saw him looking under his hakama at himself. She dropped her pencil and giggled as she put her hand over her mouth. Inuyasha pulled his gaze from his nether regions and stared at her with a `what are you looking at' look.

 

"Oh, sorry. I just thought you fell over or something. I didn't realize you just sat down." Kagome tried to regain her composure as he tied his hakama, crossed his legs and folded his arms over his chest, proud and tall. He couldn't say anything mean to her. She was only wondering about his safety. Sure, she laughed at the situation, but she at least apologized for it.

 

Kagome cleared her throat and picked up her pencil to get going on her math assignment with the hanyou sitting close by, watching her with interest. The two stayed like that until the sun went down on her day of birth, with the sounds of two idiots still laughing their butts off in the background.

 

 

 

 

 

Well, well, well…looks like something's getting solved quickly, ne? This chappy was a nice sized one, and I hope you enjoyed the antics. I had no idea how this one was going to be played out, but I had fun writing it, and I wouldn't change a thing. I knew this fic was gonna be a short one when I started it, but I didn't think it was gonna have a similar plot twist like Rumiko's such as where they have a huge mystery to figure out. I mainly just thought it was gonna be a fic filled with random craziness for no apparent reason or plot, and look at what it's turned out to become? Funny, ne? Anyways, this one will be ending soon, but believe me, I know how this fic will end, and you'll love it {^_^} Well, `til next time! Ja ne!