InuYasha Fan Fiction ❯ The Model Village ❯ The Jewel Resurfaced ( Chapter 9 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

I do not own Inuyasha & Co.

 

 

Well, I have no idea how this chapter is going to go, but I will tell you this…I know how this fic will end. How it will get there, is just as much your guess as it is mine. So, just sit back and enjoy!

 

 

Chapter 9: The jewel resurfaced

 

 

Inuyasha growled as he regained his footing, and turned to his brother. Sesshoumaru's face remained as still as ever as he watched Inuyasha with cold and calculating eyes, ready for any move Inuyasha may dish at him. Inuyasha watched Sesshoumaru with a smirk and eyes like a hawk.

 

"Humph" was all Sesshoumaru let out as he watched Inuyasha start to approach. Sesshoumaru remained ready.

 

"You want a piece of me?" Inuyasha snarled as he raised his right hand and cracked his knuckles.

 

"Anytime, little brother. It has been a while since I have fought you in this form. Without our powers, this should be interesting." Sesshoumaru replied with a smirk.

 

"You asked for it!" Inuyasha yelled as he leaped forward towards the youkai. Sesshoumaru drew Toukijin, blocked his attack and slapped him off to the side. Inuyasha fell to the floor and jumped back onto his feet, eyes still red.

 

`How is Sesshoumaru going to get Inuyasha to relent?' Miroku asked himself as he readied himself for a possible attack. Sesshoumaru was usually able to smack him around enough to knock some sense into him when he wound up like that, or Kikyo would purify him. "Wait!" Miroku shouted towards Kagome, catching her attention.

 

"What is it?" Kagome asked as Miroku ran up to her and gestured for her to pick him up.

 

"Touch Inuyasha, Kagome. In the past, Kikyo was able to purify his heart, and stop his behavior when this occurred. I am certain you could stop him a lot easier and faster than Sesshoumaru could, especially since they both are nothing but plastic." Miroku shouted over the growling.

 

"Okay, I'll give it a try." She nodded as she then focused her eyes on Inuyasha. He was ever determined to get a good hit in at his brother. As she watched him, she looked deep into his eyes. They were not the same eyes that had pierced hers earlier with love and devotion. She knew he was half-demon and half-human. The one unexpected part about the situation was she never knew he could transform. That was when she realized she truly knew nothing about him.

 

Inuyasha snickered and began to circle around Sesshoumaru as saliva dripped from his fangs. Sesshoumaru could not read his actions, or his eyes. Nothing but anger and hunger lurked there in that form. He had Sesshoumaru right where he wanted him. For the first time, Sesshoumaru realized he had no chance against him. Inuyasha's wild mind held no reason, and he felt no pain. Even if Sesshoumaru pulled him apart, limb from limb, Inuyasha would remain taken over by the wild beast within him.

 

Kagome put her hand on Sesshoumaru's shoulder, catching his attention. "I will purify him. Please, stay where you are. Only I can handle him in this form." Kagome directed.

 

Sesshoumaru sheathed Toukijin and remained standing before Inuyasha as Kagome leaned forward, and reached out to the afflicted Hanyou. Inuyasha saw her reaching out to him. The closer her hand came, the more defensive he became and the louder he growled. She became apprehensive. She closed her eyes, swallowed, and then proceeded to reach forward.

 

"Inuyasha, I'm not going to hurt you. Please, let me touch you. I mean you no harm. Please, just let me touch your ear." Kagome said soothingly as her eyes looked lovingly into his, despite the animal glaring back at her.

 

Everyone watched as she willingly reached out to the animal they all called their `friend' and they all swallowed loudly, thinking, `hopefully she can do it.' The closer her hand got to him, the worse his aura flared.

 

"Inuyasha, it's me, Kikyo." Kagome suddenly said in a soothing voice.

 

Inuyasha stopped growling and his eyes no longer looked hungry. His face showed signs of shock as he watched her intently.

 

"Don't do this. I love you and it hurts to see you like this, Inuyasha. You struck me, your beloved Kikyo. Do you plan to strike me again?" Kagome asked as everyone's eyes suddenly shot to her, wondering what she was doing.

 

Inuyasha ceased making any sounds and froze. He could not judge what was going on, but for some reason, his heart told him to listen. Once he fell silent, Kagome began to reach forward once again. Inuyasha remained frozen as her hand finally reached his left ear. As she rubbed his ear, his eyes became normal again. He closed his eyes as the purple streaks across his cheeks disappeared. He began to purr and relax under her touch.

 

Everyone relaxed in reaction to what had transpired from her touch. They all smiled and watched him turn to putty from her ministrations of his ears. Sesshoumaru was the only one who was not amused. He turned around, walked towards the table and leaped back up to the village.

 

Miroku eyed Inuyasha as he began to chuckle, "You are truly amazing, Kagome. You truly are the reincarnation of his lost love. That is exactly how she would console him when he lost himself."

 

`Thank God Inuyasha is too occupied to have heard that.' Kagome thought to herself as she enjoyed watching him. The look on his face was pure ecstasy. She remembered that look somehow, but she could not say what it had been the result of in the past. The fact that she could remember things Kikyo saw in him was odd.

 

Once the ear-message ended, Inuyasha's eyes opened and turned up towards the woman who brought him back from the dark. After a moment, Kagome's eyes turned to the jewel on the floor right between them. Still laced with her blood, Kagome reached out to it and picked it up with ease. She reached into her pocket, grabbed her handkerchief and began to clean off her blood to see the jewel in its entirety.

 

The jewel was still incomplete, but it remained pink in her hands. She could certainly feel the power emanating from the jewel. Once Kagome looked up from the jewel to the hanyou, he began to walk towards it.

 

"Just like in Kikyo's hands, it remains pure in your grip." Inuyasha pointed out in words as he then turned to Sango. "Sango, you know what must happen."

 

Sango's eyes dropped from him to the floor. She knew that once the jewel was removed from Kohaku, he would die. She couldn't say a word, but nodded, and then bowed her head as tears fell from her eyes. She loved her brother dearly, and she finally had him back. Now she must say goodbye to him forever. Miroku walked up to Sango's side, put his arm around her shoulder and directed her head to lean against his shoulder as her tears flowed down her cheeks.

 

"Kohaku, Kouga!" Inuyasha yelled up to the village. "I'm sorry, Sango."

 

As Kohaku and Kouga's heads appeared over the edge of the table, Sango replied with, "Its okay, Inuyasha. Thank you for saving us." Inuyasha nodded in response and motioned for the two to jump down to the floor.

 

As the two landed safely on the floor, they both looked at Kagome and saw the jewel as it sat in her hand. Kohaku knew what had to be done. He turned from Kagome's hand, ran up to Sango and wrapped his arms around her as she knelt down and hugged him back. They both cried tears of happiness and sadness at the same time.

 

Inuyasha closed his eyes and turned his head from the sappy display. He knew how much they both meant to each other, and the last thing he would want to show was that he too was touched by that display of affection. He had wanted to kill Kohaku in the beginning, but he just couldn't bring himself to. Kohaku was all Sango had left, no matter what evils he committed. He knew what it was like to be alone. Once he lost his mother, he felt he had no one to love or depend on. His blood relation to Sesshoumaru could not be considered anything of worth in his eyes. To him, Sesshoumaru only looked related to him. They held nothing past their physical looks in common.

 

Once Sango released Kohaku, he turned towards Kagome. Kouga, on the other hand, stood off to the side with a smug look on his face. Inuyasha put his hand on Kohaku's shoulder in reassurance as he said to the youth, "Kohaku, you will now be able to find peace, and you'll no longer be a slave to Naraku. I just want you to know that any harsh feelings I held towards you in the beginning are all forgiven. I just hope that no matter what you remember and what you've lost in this life, you'll be able to find the peace you search for in the next one."

 

Kohaku looked up at Inuyasha in admiration. Those were the very words he longed to hear from the one he fought against the most. Inuyasha had always been the one to keep him in check and watch over him. Inuyasha was like an older brother to him during the times when he wasn't under Naraku's control. To be able to hear words of encouragement from Inuyasha after what he was ordered to do against him made Kohaku feel good about leaving his sister. He knew Sango would be safe with Inuyasha near.

 

After Kohaku turned back towards Kagome, Inuyasha turned his gaze to Kouga. "You too, Kouga."

 

"Tsch…You think I'm gonna give these babies up? You're crazy." Kouga said as he looked off to the side, smug look still plastered on his face.

 

"Kouga! What use do you have for them in this form? They mean nothing to your plastic body! You can't use them now! Plus, Naraku will no longer be a problem once we are back to normal and he's destroyed! What use would they be to you then? Do you want to remain a plastic piece of shit forever?! I know I certainly don't." Inuyasha yelled to Kouga.

 

"Shaddup! Who are you to decide what I want to do with these shards? Plus, if our bodies are made of hard plastic, who's to say they can even be removed!" Kouga shouted at the Hanyou.

 

Inuyasha averted his eyes. He looked down to the floor in front of him, shading his frustration with his bangs. He lifted his right hand and cracked his knuckles. "You want me to slash off those legs of yours before you even get your body back? I'll gladly take then from you in that fashion, and you know I can do it too. Don't push me!"

 

"Kouga. I know I don't know much about you, but please, don't delay this any longer. Don't you want to be normal again? To be free without any worries as far as Naraku's concerned. I'll make sure you all get your revenge, I promise you. Remember, I was wronged by him as well." Kagome mentioned as she motioned for him to step closer to her and the jewel.

 

"Fine. I guess you're right. A couple of questions first. What's going to happen to us once the jewel is whole? Are you going to have to make a wish for us to become real again? Or are we just gonna return back? Also, are we going to remain in this time, or travel back to our time?" Kouga asked Inuyasha as he approached Kagome.

 

"We don't know what will happen, but in order for us to find out, the jewel must be restored, Kouga. We know the pieces are all here. Since nothing happened save for us awakening at Kagome's touch, obviously, we need to complete it to find out." Inuyasha answered as he watched Kouga intently.

 

"Okay, I'll go along with that. You're definitely planning on destroying Naraku and all his incarnations?" Kouga asked one last time.

 

"Yes. We promise. I'm the one who knows how to destroy them, Kouga. I will have them destroyed as soon as possible." Kagome assured.

 

"Wait!" Kaede shouted.

 

"What now, old hag?!" Inuyasha responded.

 

"We must destroy them before ye restore the jewel. Otherwise, who's to say they will not awaken once we return to normal?" Kaede pointed out.

 

"Yes, she's right. If we don't want them to awaken, we must destroy them now." Kagome agreed.

 

"But how? You can't touch them. If you do, they may awaken in your hands!" Inuyasha reminded her.

 

"Yes, I know. But who's to say I have to touch them? I can ask you all to help me with their destruction." Kagome mentioned.

 

"How?" Miroku asked.

 

"Well, they are only plastic. Plastic can easily melt when in high temperature conditions. They surely won't be able to come back if their bodies are nothing but a mass of hard plastic. I can get some metal plates to have you all set them on so they can burn cleanly without starting a fire, right here on the table." Kagome explained with a smile.

 

"Good idea, it would certainly be interesting to see them burn to a crisp. Especially after everything they did to us." Inuyasha sang out as he crossed his arms over his chest and began to laugh wickedly, his face looking up to the ceiling.

 

"Count us in too, Kagome." Miroku said as he and Sango both stepped forward.

 

"I will help as well." Came from the village. Everyone turned and looked up. The source of the voice was unexpected. The comment came from Sesshoumaru.

 

"Well, looks like we shouldn't have a problem with getting them on the plates. Okay. I will go downstairs and get the materials. Just wait here, okay?" Kagome mentioned as she stood up, put the jewel in her pocket and stepped out the door.

 

As Kagome got downstairs, she was suddenly cornered by her grandfather in the kitchen.

 

"Kagome, I have a question for you about one of your figurines." He asked as she searched the cabinets for the tin plates.

 

"What is it, Grandpa?"

 

"I was wondering about what had happened to the silver haired figurine with the dog ears. When I went to look for him earlier this afternoon, I couldn't find him." Grandpa asked as she looked for the candle lighter.

 

"Oh, it was under my bed. Buyo found it. When I got into the room, Buyo was dragging it out by it's foot. Why?"

 

"You let Buyo get a hold of it?! I thought you'd take better care of it than that!" Grandpa yelled. Then he thought about what she said for a second. "Wait a minute. I looked under your bed, and it wasn't there!"

 

"Well, that's where Buyo found it. Why? What were you looking for?" Kagome said as she found the lighter and closed the drawer it was in.

 

"I wanted to look at the sword! I was wondering if it looked like the real sword, but I couldn't find the figurine. I also saw that you have been playing with them as well. I saw them sitting in a circle in the middle of the village, and some of them were positioned in the forest." Grandpa explained.

 

"Yeah, they are tons of fun to play with. I feel like I'm a part of the feudal era when I make up stories and stuff. I'm thinking about writing fictional stories about them!" She exclaimed as she walked past him to the stairs.

 

"Can I see that hanyou figurine?" He called as she started up the stairs.

 

"Not now, grandpa. I'm busy. I'll bring it down when I'm done, okay?" Kagome called back, hoping he would hold her to that.

 

When she returned through her door, she shut it and then right away, she opened up the windows for some ventilation. One thing she knew, was this was gonna stink something terrible. She sat down on her chair in front of the village and thought for a few moments. Inuyasha saw the look on her face and began to wonder.

 

"What is it?" Inuyasha inquired as she stared off into space.

 

"I just thought of something that may make things a bit difficult, you guys. I don't think we can do this in the house. Burning the plastic will cause an odd smell, and I don't think my grandfather would like knowing that I'm burning some of the gifts he gave me…" Kagome mentioned.

 

"Oh. Well, what should we do then? Can we do it outside somehow?" Inuyasha asked.

 

"Maybe, but how will I get everything we need inconspicuously into my backpack without grandpa following, or wondering what's going on? Not only that, but he's looking for you Inuyasha." Kagome mentioned.

 

"Looking for me? Why?" Inuyasha asked.

 

"He said he wants to see your sword. He wants to see how close in resemblance to the real sword it is. He didn't explain why, but he's curious. I told him I'd bring you down when I was done, but that would complicate things if I handed you to him after I come in from the shrine grounds." Kagome said as she once again stared into space.

 

"But, won't we become ourselves? He can see it then. I'm sure my sword will return to its original form again afterwards. Either way we look at it, he's gonna find out anyways. Why are we hiding this from him? He obviously knows the story behind us anyways." Inuyasha spouted.

 

"Well, I'm just not sure how he'd take it. I know he'll find out about you all eventually, but he doesn't understand the stories behind these other figurines. If he had, he would have destroyed them already, right?" Kagome pointed out.

 

"Oh. So, we still have to destroy them on our own either way. How about on the roof? Couldn't we just go out through the window? No one would see us go through the house then!" Inuyasha exclaimed.

 

"How? I don't think I can reach the roof from my windows." Kagome said as she chewed on her fingernail.

 

Inuyasha was about to answer when her explanation sank in. She was right. If he were in his original form, he would just leap up to the roof with her on his back.

 

"Well, I guess the only option would be to get you all and everything else we need to take with us, and go outside the shrine grounds to do this. I'll just tell him I'm going to study at a friend's house for a bit, and I'll be back after a little while. That should give us enough time to do what we need to do, and be in private. There are woods off to the side of our shrine. We could go out there." Kagome explained.

 

"Okay, sounds good. Well, let's get going." Inuyasha said as he stood up and walked over to the others to tell them the plans for destroying the enemies and for their revival.

 

They all agreed, and they all helped to drop the figurines of Kagura, Kanna and Naraku into the backpack. Once they had the enemies in the backpack, they all jumped in one by one. Inuyasha was the last to jump in after all the rest of them. He wanted to give her one last wink when none of the others could see him do it. Kagome then closed up her backpack, slung it over her shoulder and pasted on a causal expression. She wanted to make sure she would not give anything away before the right time.

 

 

 

Well now…Shocker, huh? Looks like there's more to come! Hee hee! Like I said, I have no idea how long this will take. So, I hope you enjoyed this one!