InuYasha Fan Fiction ❯ The Model Village ❯ Whoa... ( Chapter 8 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

I do not own Inuyasha & Co.

 

Well, this chapter should be interesting. Kagome now knows the jewel is inside her belly…Now what? Hmm…I'd like to know too… :-/ Well, enjoy!

 

 

Chapter 8: Whoa…

 

 

Kagome awoke to the dinging of her alarm clock. She had no idea when she had fallen asleep. She reached over and switched off the alarm, then rubbed her eyes. She suddenly felt a chill. She looked to her tummy area and saw the sweetest thing. Apparently, she had just laid back and Inuyasha just sprawled himself over her tummy. He was on his stomach, head looking off to the side.

 

As he laid there snoring, she reached over to him and extended her finger to touch the tip of his ear, to see if it would twitch. She jostled the fur at the end a bit, and sure enough, the ear twitched. She smiled and tried not to giggle so she would not wake him. She continued to bug his ear when he brought his hand up to rub his ear with his hand. He used the back of his hand like a dog, then his hand fell flat back to her tummy.

 

She looked over to the clock and saw that whether or not Inuyasha was still tired, she needed to get ready for school. She decided to try to slip her hands under him slowly as to not disturb him too much. Once he was nestled in her hands, she slowly sat up. She turned to the side, swept her legs over the edge of the bed and then stood up.

 

Keeping her eyes on the slumbering hanyou, she padded over to the village to lay him down near Kikyo's tomb. She slid her hands from under him and stood there watching as he peacefully slumbered. To her, he seemed angelic. His look was unusual but very exotic. Kikyo was lucky to find such a handsome young man, but not only that, they fell in love.

 

What amazed Kagome was how he acted around her. He gave her respect, and trusted her over any of the others. Those eyes of his would forever be engraved in her heart and mind. If there truly was a way for her to return them to their normal bodies, she wondered what he would want to do next. He said he would need her most after his return to normal. She wondered what he meant by that. He had opened up to her soo easily; it was a bit strange. Since she noticed he still snored away below after her thoughts flew by, she decided to let him be and get herself ready for school.

 

~*~

 

 

Inuyasha dreamt of his times with Kikyo, and what they had been through in their past lives. He truly missed her, but he was willing to let go. Kagome was the one holding him up. Everyone else seemed to be enjoying themselves and they seemed to not take it seriously. Even Miroku surprised him. It seemed like they all acted like they were all on vacation. `Tsch' He thought to himself as he began to regain consciousness. He felt a hard and course surface under him, instead of the softness of Kagome's belly.

 

As he opened his eyes, he lifted the upper half of his body and looked around. He saw he was back in the village. He looked about the room for Kagome. She was nowhere to be found. He sat up tall and looked down at his companions as they chatted softly. They sat in a circle in the middle of the clearing. Inuyasha could hear what they were saying plain as day. They were wondering about what measures should be taken to find a way to get them back to normal.

 

`Hmm…I wonder if I should tell them what Kagome and I found out last night.' Inuyasha asked himself. He decided to listen and see if they had yet figured anything out.

 

"This is very odd. So, time stopped for us. Why didn't it stop for the people around us? Why just us specifically? I think that's the oddest part of all of this." Miroku observed.

 

"Yeah. Unless it was Kikyo's wish all along. Maybe she wanted us to be given a chance to live our lives in a different era." Sango stated.

 

"Hmm…That is interesting, but wasn't she mainly a loner? She wasn't very close with us. She was only connected to us specifically through Inuyasha. I don't ever remember her even caring about our safety or welfare." Miroku stated.

 

"Ah, that is where ye are wrong, monk." Kaede interrupted. "Kikyo was in fact a priestess. It is the job of the priestess to protect everyone from such spirits as Naraku. Whether or not she showed you all affection or friendship, she did try her hardest to protect all of you."

 

"You really think so? It just seemed like she seemed very…how should I say it…detached from us the whole time. Inuyasha was the only one out of all of us who could get her to even smile. She would just give us these looks like we were not worth it." Sango said as she averted her eyes to the fake grass in front of her.

 

"She was a very serious priestess indeed. She had been that way for as long as I've been around. The only one who could soften her façade was Inuyasha himself." Kaede mentioned.

 

"I just don't get it, how could he fall for someone soo cold? I mean, she may have had her reasons for relaying that kind of rep, but why would he find that attractive?" Sango inquired.

 

"Ah, ye have not asked him have ye? Only he can explain that, I'm afraid. Even I am oblivious to the answer to that." Kaede stated as they all turned his way and looked at him inquisitively.

 

"What?" Inuyasha shouted from beside Kikyo's tomb.

 

"We have something we need to ask you, Inuyasha." Miroku shouted.

 

"Huh…Sure you do…Like I would answer the questions about Kikyo and me…Why would you even care? She had nothing to do with you all. It's none of your business." Inuyasha drawled out as he stood up tall and crossed his arms over his chest, his head held high.

 

"I assure you, Inuyasha, we're just curious as to why you two even had a relationship. We just wanna understand why we were included in her last wish when we meant nothing to her." Miroku shouted as Inuyasha jumped down from the hilltop and landed right near the circle. "Why wasn't it just you who was saved along with her instead of all of us?" Miroku asked as Inuyasha stood tall above him.

 

"Keh…You think you're worthy of that info? Honestly, our relationship is not to be discussed. But, as far as saving all of you, I really can't say. All I know is that she did not want me to be involved with Naraku. She wanted me to leave it all to her and step aside. I refused because only I could protect her from him. When she decided to disobey me, she died again, taking the jewel with her the same way as the first time. Seems like a vicious cycle." Inuyasha stated as his arms fell to his sides and his gaze fell to the middle of the circle.

 

"So, there's nothing you could tell us to figure out where we go from here? You and Kagome have been kinda chummy since she discovered her ability to awaken us." Miroku pointed out as he raised an eyebrow.

 

"Yeah, and what of it?" Inuyasha answered in annoyance.

 

"Oh, no reason…Just wondering how your two heads are working out, especially since you get along with her better than even your own companions." Miroku closed his eyes and crossed his arms over his chest.

 

"Sure…As if I'm gonna fall for that one." Inuyasha challenged as he looked away, nose in the air.

 

"Why are you soo secretive, Inuyasha? You know you can tell us anything. We won't judge you. We've been open with you in the past, why should you treat us any different? Don't forget, this includes all of us, not just you. We have a right to know if you've found anything out." Sango complained.

 

"I know, I just don't know how to put it! If you really wanna know, why don't you wait and ask Kagome when she gets back?" Inuyasha shouted as he pouted, he didn't like being put on the spot about his feelings.

 

"Aw, come on, Inuyasha! It's not like we will exploit how you feel! Your feelings are the catalyst here! Your heart is very important in this, and it's about time you spill it, Inuyasha!" Sango yelled in annoyance.

 

"Keh" Was all he let out as he turned and started to walk away.

 

Miroku got up from his spot and ran to walk next to him. "Hey, Inuyasha…you know you can always talk to me, brother to brother. If there is anyone who knows about relationships, it's me. If there's anything, you don't want them to know, you can be assured they won't find out. Why don't we talk like old times?" Inuyasha stopped and looked him in the eye with a look of contempt.

 

"Why would I pour my heart out to you, you letch?" Inuyasha pointed out as he pushed Miroku away and kept on walking.

 

"Are you okay, Miroku?" Sango asked as she ran to his side.

 

"Yes, I'm fine." Miroku said not taking his eyes off the hanyou.

 

"What should we do? Should we wait, Miroku?" Sango asked.

 

"It seems that's the only option right now. Inuyasha has never really been able to open up to us in the past. His heart is sealed with a lock and key. I'm guessing Kagome holds the key Kikyo once held." Miroku pointed out as he got to his feet. Sango and Miroku decided to walk back to the others to see if they could find another route to take in thought.

 

Inuyasha walked off into the trees and decided to stay away from their inquiries. He knew how he felt, but he was not ready for questions about his feelings towards the late priestess. He always saw himself strong when he didn't open up to them. He felt his heart and life were twisted enough. The last thing he wanted was for them to read him like a book. He knew they would not judge him, but `she' was his weakness and still, he felt like a boy rather than a tough half demon when he thought about what he could have had with her.

 

Inuyasha didn't want them to think he had gone soft. He knew how his brother saw Kikyo. When his brother stated how ignorant he was for falling for someone who could kill him, it hurt his pride. He lost respect for his older brother because of that. Not that he had much respect for Sesshoumaru in the first place. He wished he had snatched a ride with Kagome to school. Learning more about her world sounded much more interesting than that drivel they wanted to ask him.

 

The last thing Inuyasha wanted at that point was to hear Miroku's advice on how to get a girl to fall in love with him. Inuyasha was independent in that area and he seemed not to have any problems with it. He was secure in how he felt for both mikos. Why would he need to know Miroku's perverted ways of wooing a woman? His feelings, thoughts, and heart would remain his and whomever he'd fall for. None other than that. Why did it seem like everyone was more focused on what he planned than what may happen to them?

 

"Keh!" was the only sound heard from the trees off to the side of the clearing the rest of the afternoon.

 

~*~

 

The day went by in a daze for Kagome. Her mind was focused on Inuyasha and the predicament at home. She just could not focus on school. It bothered her about what happened that morning. That dream, and then Inuyasha finding out that she harbored the jewel within her. She needed to have it removed, but how? How could she ask to have that done without pointing out Inuyasha and his companions? That seemed impossible.

 

She looked off at the blackboard in her Math class with her eyes unfocused. The class, of course, did not stand still for her, and the teacher decided to ask Kagome a question. Kagome gave no reaction or answer `til the teacher walked up to her and hit her over the head with the eraser in his hand to get her attention.

 

Kagome snapped to attention and the class laughed as the teacher glared at her and said, "Higurashi, maybe you'd like to daydream in the hall?"

 

Kagome stood up and walked out of the classroom. She stood against the wall as she stared out the window from the second floor hall, looking out over the courtyard. After that, she felt she needed to solve the problem at home quickly so she wouldn't zone off in school like she had been. Her mind was so full of information, ideas, and questions. She couldn't make sense out of it. That and her brain wouldn't shut-up about the whole ordeal either.

 

"I wonder what Inuyasha's doing right now? I hope the others are getting along with him. They seem to be very critical of his feelings, his ideals and what he does. It's strange how they see him. What was it that had held them together when he acts towards them as he has since they've awoken?" Kagome said to herself as she stood there, enjoying the view, wondering what it had to have been like during the feudal era.

 

~*~

 

 

Meanwhile, Inuyasha had gotten bored sitting amongst the trees, listening to the drivel his companions have been discussing. He decided to go out exploring and seeing a bit more of Kagome's world. He turned to walk out of the trees and just kept on walking towards Kikyo's tomb when Miroku called out to get his attention once again.

 

Inuyasha turned, yelled a "Keh!" and just jumped off the edge. Miroku sat back down and decided to just give up.

 

As soon as Inuyasha hit the floor, he got to his feet and then turned towards Kagome's bedroom door. Just as he was about to reach it, he heard footsteps coming close from outside the bedroom. He turned to look for a place to hide. He looked to his right, and saw her bed. He ran for the shadows when the door suddenly opened, and her grandfather entered.

 

"Now, let's see what she's been doing with you all…" Her grandfather said as he rubbed his hands together and stepped over to the table. Inuyasha swallowed hard, thankful he had jumped off the table. He was safe, but what about the others? What had they done to protect their identity?

 

Inuyasha crawled up to the edge of the bed skirt and looked out towards the table. He was too low to see what was going on in the village. It seemed like her grandpa was eyeing everything. Inuyasha tried to remain as quiet as possible.

 

"Huh…Interesting…Why are these figurines sitting in a circle? Where are their weapons? And where did that important figurine go? Where's the hanyou?" Grandpa asked aloud as he turned to look around the bedroom, wondering if she put him in a special place in her room.

 

Grandpa looked on her desk, on her bedside table, on her dresser. At that point, Inuyasha was beginning to get nervous. He was running out of places to look. Inuyasha decided that if her grandpa turned his back long enough, he would make a dash for the hallway. That was when the cat, Buyo suddenly waltzed in the room, purring loudly.

 

Inuyasha stepped back behind the bed skirt and just watched the shadows. The last thing he wanted was for that cat to get a hold of him. He was stuck for sure. That cat would definitely catch him if he made himself known, and there was nothing for him to hide behind under Kagome's bed. When he backed up to the wall, he felt the other side of the bed skirt when his hand touched it. He got an idea.

 

Grandpa was getting frustrated. He liked the hanyou the most, but he really wanted to give him a good looking over to see if he recognized anything about him. He supposedly had a sword at his hip, and he wanted to see if the sword was still in its rustic form, or not. It had been bothering him since last night, and he just had to get a good and close look at it to be sure.

 

Once Grandpa realized he had looked in every possible place in her bedroom, he then turned towards the bed. He scrutinized the bed to see if she may have left him under the covers. Of course, he figured she wouldn't be stupid enough to take him into bed with her and sleep with such a valuable figurine. When he noticed there were no lumps under the pristinely fixed bedspread, he decided to look in the last place. Under the bed itself.

 

Grandpa then got down on one knee and steadied himself to bend over to have a look. When he lifted up the bed skirt and the comforter, he saw the floor under her bed held no secrets, or the hanyou he sought. "Hmm…I wonder if she took him with her to school. But she's a bit old for show and tell…" He said as he let the material drop back to the floor and he got up and then decided he would check with her when she arrived home.

 

Inuyasha held on for dear life to the bed skirt against the wall. He knew the old man was gone, but what about the cat? He found himself in a tight spot, especially when he suddenly heard the purring feline scurry under the bed curiously. Inuyasha bit his lip as he hoped that he would remain unseen and unfound. The last thing he wanted was to be mauled by a cat with claws as big as his feet.

 

When the purring stopped, he let out a sigh, and was just about to let go when he felt something wet and rough touch the bottom of his foot. He stayed perfectly still, wondering what the cat was gonna do. That was when the cat stopped licking and decided to get a good hold on the hanyou's foot and start to pull at it. Inuyasha tried to stay quiet, but when the cat started to really tug on his foot, he growled loudly, hoping to get the cat to let go of his foot. He didn't want the cat to drag him out of the bedroom. He didn't want to be dragged up to the old man like a prize mouse.

 

When the cat wouldn't relent in trying to get Inuyasha out of his hiding place, Inuyasha tried kicking the cat in the nose with his free foot. That was when the cat let go, and hissed at him. Inuyasha decided to be bold and face the cat. He hoped that would show the cat not to mess with him if the cat saw his claws and fangs.

 

Inuyasha squared his shoulders in an offensive stance, and bared his fangs as he let out a growl. The cat hissed at Inuyasha and made to lift up his clawed paw as if to say, `You come any closer and I'll swipe ya!'

 

Inuyasha cracked his knuckles, made a few gestures of his own, and barked loudly. Buyo snarled and raised his back as he started to move to the right, wanting to circle his prey. Inuyasha kept eye contact and growled again as the cat circled him. Inuyasha's eyes burned with anger and his fangs dripped with saliva as he decided to make the first move to get the cat to back off. He took a swipe at the cat, jumping forcefully to make the cat back away.

 

As the cat and dogfight was raging under her bed, Kagome stepped up the stairs and into her room. When she opened the door, all she heard was growling and snarling under her bed, and the bed skirt ruffling outwards. She put down her backpack and knelt down to see what was happening under her bed. She recognized the growls and snarls. She could tell Inuyasha was not on the table anymore.

 

As she lifted up the bed skirt, she saw Inuyasha pushing Buyo into submission. The look in the hanyou's eyes frightened her. She had never seen him like that before. She had seen nothing but love in his eyes, but this was something else all together. The question was, could she get the two to get along, or would she have to keep them apart? She also wondered, `how did this start?'

 

"Inuyasha! Calm down! It's just Buyo!" Kagome shouted over the growling as she tried to get a hold of Inuyasha and pull him away from the cat before Buyo could get a good swipe in.

 

Inuyasha dodged Kagome's grasp and lunged for the cat. As that happened, the cat grabbed a hold of Inuyasha in his mouth. Inuyasha screamed and then fell unconscious. As Buyo stepped away from the hanyou figurine, Kagome took a closer look at Inuyasha. She didn't notice any damage. However, what happened next was unexpected.

 

Inuyasha's eyes opened suddenly, only they were not the same eyes she had seen just moments ago. His eyes burned red and his iris' were a deep blue and stark white in the middle. He looked like a completely different animal. Once he got to his feet, the first being he saw was Kagome. He gave her the look of a wild animal in bliss of stalking prey. He sneered at her and raised his clawed hand up at her, as he cracked his knuckles. She looked closely at his hands, and noticed his claws had grown to double the size they were moments ago. He growled and snickered as he scrutinized her.

 

Kagome was just about to start backing away when he growled, "Where do you think you're going? I won't let you escape from me…"

 

"Inuyasha, what's going on? What happened to you?" Kagome asked shakily.

 

The rest of his companions heard the question and decided to run to the end of the table. What they saw frightened them. He had transformed into his fully demon state. None of them knew how to bring him out of it without their powers, especially Miroku.

 

"Come here. Give me that power! I want the jewel! Give it to me!" Inuyasha snarled as he advanced on Kagome with those furious eyes.

 

"The jewel? How? What do you mean?" Kagome asked in shock.

 

"You know damn well what I mean. I felt it inside you, this morning! I want it! Give it to me!" Inuyasha demanded as he jumped towards her and took a swipe at her stomach, creating a small long gash near her belly button.

 

Kagome gasped as she lost her balance and fell to the floor in shock. Miroku and the others gasped at the fact that Inuyasha would even think of attacking someone in cold blood like that. They all jumped down off the table to stop Inuyasha's advance on Kagome. The last thing that they would allow is for Inuyasha to get his hands on the jewel in that state of mind.

 

Kagome had not moved. She was afraid of the wound he had inflicted on her. She was more worried about what she should do to help him out of that state. She didn't want to make any sudden moves that she'd regret. Miroku put himself in Inuyasha's way. Inuyasha slapped him aside with his anger, knocking the monk out cold. Sango readied Hiraikotsu and tossed it towards Inuyasha. He saw the plastic boomerang coming, batted it away easily, and continued his decent upon Kagome.

 

"Inuyasha…Don't act like this! What's wrong with you? Please! Snap out of it! This is not like you! I love you, but not like this!" Kagome shouted.

 

As Kagome shouted those last words, something inside her caused her great pain as she hemorrhaged near the cut in her tummy. She grasped her tummy and doubled over. The incision began to glow a pink and pure glow. Kagome removed her hands and saw the incomplete jewel emerge from the cut and land on the floor in front of her.

 

Inuyasha darted for the jewel. Suddenly, out of nowhere, Sesshoumaru knocked Inuyasha off his feet. He took his place between Inuyasha and Kagome. Inuyasha righted himself as he took in the vision of his brother. The one being he hated the most stood between him and his wish. The question was, what could Sesshoumaru do to protect Kagome, and why would he in the first place?

 

 

To be continued…

 

 

 

 

Okay…now this one ended unexpectedly. I didn't expect this chapter to go this far! It's longer than usual, and I hope you all enjoyed it. As you can see, we have maybe one or two more chapters left. With how I believe this fic will end, there may very well be an epilogue at the end. I just can't guarantee anything, but I will make sure you'll have a definite ending here. I have had a lot of fun writing this fic, and I'm soo glad to see how much everyone has enjoyed it. This has definitely been a successful experiment as my first comedy I've ever written, and I feel it's a masterpiece! Thanks for your support and I hope you enjoy what's to come from me! Ja ne!