InuYasha Fan Fiction ❯ The Model Village ❯ Who is He? ( Chapter 14 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

I do not own Inuyasha & Co.
 
 
Heh heh heh…Yes folks, its mystery Friday…Will MV keep going? Or will it end? Who knows, but stay tuned and we'll see what ssp51201's mind has in store for you today! (Cheers and clapping heard in background)
 
Chapter 14: Who is he?
 
 
Sure enough, Kagome was going to be late for school. She only had a half hour, which she would usually have left by 7:30am. So, Inuyasha commanded her to get dressed and to tell him through the door when she was finished. Once she let him know, he walked through her door, and knelt on the floor before her and said, “Get on, I'll get ya there. Just tell me where ta go.”
 
Kagome stood there for a second and then asked, “Ya sure? People might see you.”
 
“Huh…Trust me, they won't. I can travel quicker than the human eye can blink. Why else do ya think I know I'd get ya there on time?” Inuyasha snapped back over his shoulder.
 
“Oh. Okay, thanks.” Kagome said as she climbed onto his back, and he leapt through the open window.
 
Kagome realized that morning how fast they were traveling the night before. She could barely make out any detail if she looked off to the side, but as she looked over his head, she could see just well enough to tell him when to turn. He wasn't kidding about his speed. That being holding her legs at his hips was amazing in every way. Within 10 minutes, they reached the school. She told him where to drop her off, which happened to be on the roof. She figured the kids would not see him if he was higher up. Once he knelt down on the cold concrete, he let go of her legs and her feet touched solid ground finally. Kagome walked up to the door at the rooftop that leads into the school. As her hand touched the door handle, Inuyasha called her name. She turned and locked eyes with the hanyou.
 
“What is it, Inuyasha?”
 
“Um, you sure you'll be okay without me?” Inuyasha asked curiously.
 
“Yeah, I'm fine now that I'm here. Thanks for getting me here on time, you saved my butt!”
 
“Your butt?” He asked, as his eyes got big in question.
 
“Oh, don't worry about it. It's a figure of speech. I'll see you at home later today, okay?” Kagome said with a wave of her hand as she opened the door and stepped down the stairs as it closed shut behind her.
 
Inuyasha had no clue what to do. He had never seen a view such as that before. As he looked down from the roof, he saw a multitude of kids Kagome's age walking towards the building, all talking and chatting. He figured he would just sit there for a while and watch them. They all seemed carefree and peaceful.
 
“Is this what I'd be doing if I had been born during Kagome's time?” He asked himself as he peacefully sat and watched the kids begin to run as a strange tone bonged from below him. “Huh…I'd much rather learn to fight. Why would I need to learn what Kagome learns?”
 
 
Meanwhile, back at the shrine…
 
 
Sango walked down the stairs sleepily and stepped into the kitchen. She was still confused as to what was where, so she followed the wonderful smell that wafted through the house. Mrs. Higurashi turned around at the sound of the footsteps and greeted Sango cheerfully as the young woman grabbed a chair, sat down, and laid her head on her arms on the table.
 
“*sigh* Inuyasha shooed me out of Kagome's room just now. He didn't even give me a reason why. He just stood me up, pushed me out the door with him and stood in front of the door! He's usually really nice, but man when he gets pushy, I just wanna kick him…” Sango drawled out with a yawn.
 
“Oh! I was about to go wake her. She's usually down here at 7:00.” Her mother mentioned as she turned a bit from the eggs she was frying on the stove.
 
“Um…I think she was out in the forest all night. Last, I saw of her, Inuyasha jumped through her window, yanked her out and ran towards the trees. Then he woke me up and pushed me out. I heard this weird sound for about an hour or so, it was really annoying.” Sango explained as Kagome's mother gained a look of shock.
 
“He took her from her room last night? Why? What happened?” She asked as she threw a rag onto the table and began to step towards the doorway. Sango looked up from the table as she saw the eggs smoking and she decided to get up and watch them for her.
 
Kagome's mother ran up the stairs to find the hanyou and her daughter gone; the bedroom door open. `He took her into the trees? Who knows what could have happened to her. I'll have to talk with them when they get back. I certainly hope she gets to school on time.' She thought to herself as she turned and left the empty room.
 
As Mrs. Higurashi left Kagome's room, she noticed Souta had come down alone, but the other three guests had not stirred. She decided to peek in to see if things were okay. When she slid open the shoji door to her son's room, she peeked through the small opening to see the monk and the young boys sleeping peacefully, the little cat mewing softly next to the kitsune. She decided she'd let them sleep just a bit longer. She slid the door shut quietly and turned to the stairs.
 
When Mrs. Higurashi arrived at the kitchen door, she smiled pleasantly to see Sango standing by the stove, turning the eggs for her. “Thank you, Sango. You may take your seat again.” The woman said as she came up beside the young woman.
 
As Sango sat down, the old man padded into the kitchen, his nose in the air. “Ooo! What you're cooking smells delicious! When is that Monk going to wake up? Should I wake him and the boys?”
 
“No, let them rest a bit. Maybe the smell will entice them once it wafts up the stairs.” His daughter suggested as she scooped the eggs onto a large plate.
 
~*~
 
Upstairs, the monk and the two boys began sniffing in their sleep. Their noses graced with smells they had never encountered before caused their tummies to rumble loudly. Miroku rolled over in his futon and licked his lips. “Mmmm…What is that delicious smell?”
 
“I don't know, but I'm starving.” Shippo yawned as Kohaku's eyes just barely opened.
 
Miroku sat up and then said, “Well, let's get dressed and ready to eat, shall we?”
 
Shippo sat up in his futon and nodded as he reached over to Kohaku's shoulder and shook him. Kohaku stirred and rolled towards the kitsune and groggily asked, “What?”
 
“Let's go see what Kagome's mom has made us!” Shippo said cheerfully.
 
“You sure are awake, Shippo.” Kohaku said with a yawn and a depressed look in his eyes.
 
“You bet!” Shippo answered as he looked on at his friend. He saw how sad his eyes looked. It seemed the poor kid had a hard time sleeping that night. That was Kohaku's first night of sleep since he was freed, and he figured the boy would have nightmares due to his past resurfacing.
 
They all took turns going to the bathroom and then made their way down to the kitchen one by one. They were surprised with the unusual food spread on the table. The monk was the first to enter the kitchen with a cheerful smile. The old man asked him to sit close to him so they could discuss the shrine. As the kids showed up at the table, the kitchen became filled with sounds of laughter, praise for the food, and sounds of enjoyment when it came to the food cooked for Mrs. Higurashi.
 
~*~
 
Kagome's day went well, at least until it came time to change for gym class. The one thing Kagome had forgotten about was the cut Inuyasha had dealt her in order to get a hold of the jewel. Once she lifted up her shirt, her friend, Ayumi turned her attention to the bandage on her torso, and it was a bit bloody.
 
“Kagome! What happened there?”
 
“What, this?” Kagome pointed to the bloody bandage and then remembered how she got that wound.
 
“Yeah! That looks like you've lost a lot of blood! Are you okay?” Yuka asked as Eri turned her attention away out of nausea from the looks of the bandage.
 
“Oh, yeah. I'm all right. I just walked into the edge of this table my grandpa used to make me my gift. It ripped the shirt I was wearing too.” Kagome explained thinking, `I hope they buy it'.
 
“Oh my! Maybe you should go to the nurse! You could tell the teacher it hurts too much for you to participate today, you don't wanna reopen it.” Yuka mentioned.
 
“I guess I could. But that doesn't stop me from changing into my uniform.” Kagome answered as she pulled the shirt part of her uniform over her head.
 
“True. Just be careful. You sure you're not in pain?” Ayumi asked in concern.
 
“No, I'm fine. It only hurt just after it happened.”
 
“Did you go to the emergency room? You should let the nurse check it out, just to be safe.” Yuka suggested.
 
“Well, okay. I'll let the teacher know. I'll see you guys' later, k?” Kagome waved with a smile, which scared her friends.
 
“Gee, I couldn't walk if I had a wound like that on my torso.” Yuka said.
 
“Well, Kagome's a strong girl, I guess. I just can't believe she got that wound so easily.” Ayumi said as she looked off to where they last saw Kagome.
 
“You don't think she lied, do you? That wound looked like it was a stab or slash wound of some type. Talk about sharp.” Yuka thought aloud.
 
~*~
 
Kagome walked up to her teacher out in the field just off to the side of the school. She showed the wound to her teacher and she received a pass to go to the nurse. Since she had no clue her hanyou friend was still hanging around, she didn't notice he had seen the man touching her belly under her shirt. Inuyasha had no idea who the man was, and got a bit upset at how she allowed him to touch her, and the he looked older than Kagome as well!
 
“What is Kagome doing?! She let him touch her under her shirt! Who is that guy?” Inuyasha growled as he remained perched on the roof above her as he waited `til she was out of sight from everyone else to catch her and question that scene.
 
As Kagome was about to reach for the door handle to get back in the door for the gym, someone suddenly embraced grabbed her from behind and yanked her into the air. Kagome was startled and was not silent as Inuyasha leapt back onto the roof from the ground. Once they landed safely on the roof, Kagome broke away from Inuyasha forcefully and turned around to face the one who kidnapped her. Who she saw surprised her.
 
“Inuyasha? What are you doing here? I thought you went back to the shrine!” Kagome said as she huffed from screaming.
 
“I didn't know what else to do! I told you I needed you to guide me! Plus, I've never seen a school before, and I was a bit curious.” Inuyasha said confidently.
 
“But why did you bring me up here? I was about to go to the nurse!” Kagome yelled.
 
“I saw that man touching you! What was that all about? Who is he?” Inuyasha yelled in protectiveness.
 
“Oh, him? He's my gym teacher. I forgot about the wound you inflicted on me the other day. I was worried that if I did too much, it might reopen again. I had to show him so he didn't think it was just some excuse.” Kagome explained.
 
“Oh. I'm sorry, Kagome” Inuyasha apologized as his head bowed to the ground.
 
“its okay, Inuyasha. You weren't yourself. You have nothing to apologize for. I'll be alright, so don't beat yourself up about it. Also, if you hadn't struck me, we wouldn't have found the jewel.” Kagome pointed out.
 
“But, I hurt you out of cold blood and greed. There's nothing good about that, Kagome.” Inuyasha ground out while he still looked to the ground before him.
 
Kagome felt for him. He wasn't wrong in how he felt. He had not meant to hurt anyone, and yet he had. Yes, he scared her that moment, but she didn't feel any less of him, and he needed to know that.
 
“Inuyasha, I forgive you. Whether or not you meant to hurt me, good things came of the situation. I know it's hard for you, but I'm not afraid of you. If you need any help, I'm sure I can do something for you.” Kagome offered in comfort.
 
Inuyasha finally raised his eyes to hers. He saw a wide smile on Kagome's face, not fear. That calmed his soul for the time being. “Well, since you're hurt, mind if I help you out? You should probably take it easy the next day or two so you don't hurt yourself. I'll wait for you. I don't mind.”
 
“Thanks. Just stay out of sight, okay?” Kagome asked as he nodded in understanding. “Okay. Well I'll come up here when classes end. See ya then.” Kagome said as she turned and walked back through the door she left through earlier.
 
When Kagome reached the nurses office, she told the nurse what had happened, and the nurse looked at the wound. The nurse saw that no stitches were needed, but changed the dressing on the wound. Kagome noticed the dressing made her torso feel better. The nurse allowed her to take off from gym class for the next few days, or until the wound was healed enough.
 
Kagome walked back to her gym teacher and handed him the note the nurse gave. Since she had nothing better to do during gym class, she walked over to the tree on the side of the field and watched her classmates play games. Not only that, but she had a clear view of Inuyasha from the distance. She watched him watch her for a few moments and she waved to him. He waved back and then watched her classmates play games.
 
The entertainment lasted for another half hour, and then gym class ended. Kagome changed out of her gym uniform and into her class uniform and went through the rest of her day. Once her last class ended and she was about to walk towards the stairs to the floor above, her three friends cornered her in the hallway at the last moment.
 
“Hey, Kagome…Where are ya headed? The front door is this way.” Yuka pointed in the opposite direction.
 
“Oh, uh…I needed to talk to a teacher about something. Why?” Kagome asked, trying to act innocent.
 
“Well, we were wondering if you'd join us for burgers at Wacdonald's” Eri asked with a wink at the word `join'.
 
`They have no idea Inuyasha's waiting for me. I can't leave with them, he'll create a scene.' Kagome thought to herself as she raised her hands and said, “I'm sorry, I can't. I have something I have to do. I have to meet with someone.”
 
“Oh, do you…Who is it?” Yuka asked.
 
“Is it a guy?” Eri asked.
 
“I bet he's cute! Is he your boyfriend?” Ayumi asked with a smile.
 
“He's nobody, okay? Plus, I'm just meeting him. There's nothing going on between me and `him'.” Kagome explained as she folded her arms and shifted to one foot.
 
“Who is he? Is he Hojo? Is he someone we know?” Yuka and Eri asked at the same time.
 
“No, you don't know him, and no he's not Hojo. He's just some guy I met recently, okay?” Kagome threw back getting antsy.
 
“Oh, c'mon! Tell us! What does he look like? Is he tall? Is he handsome? How old is he?”
 
Kagome sighed and closed her eyes when she said, “He's someone I've known about for a while, but he's not from around here. You could say he's like a distant family member.” `I hope they buy it…'
 
“Oh…Okay. Well, have fun then, see you tomorrow!” They all yelled from over their shoulders as they ran and giggled to each other in gossip.
 
“Phew, I thought they'd never leave me alone. Now to get home.” Kagome said as she started up the stairs.
 
Once she appeared at the open roof door, Inuyasha turned to her and said, “What took ya so long? I was beginning to think ya left already.”
 
“Sorry, I had to get out of a dinner date with my friends. They think I have a boyfriend when all I told them was I had to meet someone. They're nice, but insufferable.” Kagome explained as she took a seat on the roof next to him. It was peaceful on the roof next to him. The wind blew his hair around, creating a beautiful sight. Kagome didn't realize it, but she was staring at him.
 
“What?” Inuyasha asked as he turned his right eye towards her in annoyance.
 
“Oh, I was just admiring how beautiful your silver hair looks when it's blown by the wind. It's so shiny, like a glittery cloak around you.” Kagome described as she raised her hand towards the blowing hair to feel how soft it is.
 
“Keh. You're weird, it's just hair.” Inuyasha spat as he closed his eyes and stood up straight and tall.
 
“I know, but I've never seen anyone with soft silver hair like yours. You're so lucky to have it.” Kagome mused as she stood next to him.
 
“Whatever. You finally ready to go home?” Inuyasha asked as he looked down to her.
 
“Yeah, let's go.”
 
She climbed onto his back when he knelt in front of her. Once he stood, she did something Inuyasha thought was disturbing. She grabbed onto his shoulder with one hand, waved her free arm in the air and shouted, “Let's go, Doggy! Woo Hoo!”
 
Inuyasha didn't move for about three seconds. Then, once he gathered his thoughts, he decided to let go of her legs and folded his arms across his chest in annoyance.
 
Once Kagome's butt hit the ground, she winced and asked, “Why did ya drop me? I was only kidding!”
 
“You think I wouldn't take something like that as an insult?! You have got to be kidding me!” Inuyasha yelled as he turned to face her.
 
Kagome scooted back a tad when she saw how mad he was. “I'm sorry…The idea just suddenly came to me, and I just couldn't help it.” Kagome apologized. “I promise not to say anything like that again.”
 
“Keh!” Inuyasha turned away from her and thought about it for a few seconds, then decided to just go ahead and give her another chance.
 
Kagome climbed on and let him stand once again before she leaned in close to his neck and did something unexpected. She buried her face in his mane of hair and then purred. Inuyasha became rigid for a second and he turned his head a bit to the side and said, “Did…did ya just…purr at me?” With a slight crack in his voice.
 
“Yeah. Is that alright? I didn't offend you again, did I?”
 
Inuyasha's cheeks went beet red as he turned his gaze forward again and answered with, “No, you didn't offend me…It's just…No one's purred at me before…That's all.” His voice cracked with nervousness as he swallowed hard and tried to keep himself calm.
 
“Oh, okay. Is it okay if I purr at you? Or should I not?” Kagome asked innocently.
 
“Um…just not in public, okay? It's kinda embarrassing.”
 
“Okay, I'll only do it when it's just us then…purrrrr…” At that point, his face was not only beet red, however, his blood was rapidly rising in temperature as he readied himself to leap off the roof.
 
When they soared to the ground, Kagome let out a loud, “Woo Hoo!” Bringing a wide smile to the hanyou's face as he raced home with Kagome on his back.
 
 
 
Ooo…Nice chappy, huh? Especially the purring…Hee hee hee…I know that's what I would do if he had me on his back…*sigh*…Okay…Now…I just wanna say how much I appreciate your patience for waiting for this chappy's postage. Sorry it was late, but ya know…things happen. Also, thanks for your comments and support to keep going with this fic. `Til next time! Ja ne! {~_^}
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
e was