InuYasha Fan Fiction ❯ The Model Village ❯ Huh? ( Chapter 15 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

I do not own Inuyasha & Co. They are soul property of the great Rumiko Takahashi!
 
Okay, now we will get a glimpse of what our fave Sengoku Jidai folks will be doing at the shrine. I'm figuring that this fic may end on this specific plotline soon, but if I can get something going, some other plotline, then I may do a sequel, but I can't be certain. Don't worry; I will try to figure something out, okay? But for now, just enjoy what's left, and thanks again for all the support.
 
Chapter 15: Huh?
 
 
The whole way back to the shrine, Kagome whooped and hollered. She enjoyed being able to fly on the hanyou's back. What she was able to experience with Inuyasha was amazing. Not even roller coasters were anywhere near as exciting as riding on his back as he rushed through the city and leaped high into the air to get from one roof of one high rise to the next. He held onto her tightly, and she leaned up against his back. It felt as if they were one being. His legs handled their weight effortlessly as he used his strong muscles to leap.
 
No human was strong enough to do that. Not even the best of the body builders could do what Inuyasha could. Not even in a million years. The question that kept coming to her mind was how to hide the tempting male she held onto. He had only been living with her for a night and a day, and already her friends were asking questions. She knew immediately that she needed to talk to Inuyasha about it. As far as his other companions, they could just be distant family members, but Inuyasha was a different story. What about his hair, his ears and his claws? And not to mention his golden eyes and those overly long fangs of his…'How will I hide his presence?' Kagome thought to herself as he leapt high into the air once again, letting out a small grunt as his left leg pushed off the ledge of a building.
 
At that point, Kagome had closed her eyes and buried her face in his soft silver hair. She noticed the distinct scent of him. He didn't smell like a dog, but he definitely smelled like a man. His scent was not that of any cologne, but of ruggedness and the forest. She loved the scent of trees and fresh grass. On one hand, he did have the traits of a typical male, but he had his behaviors and personality, which set him apart. He held the old values from the Middle Ages, not the typical values boys her age have in her time. He was very sensitive, caring, and he had a chip on his shoulder the size of Tokyo. But, other than that chip, he was the one man she felt she wanted to be with. Their finding each other was no coincidence. She would wait for him a lifetime if she had to.
 
Once they fell a bit longer than usual, Kagome opened her eyes and pulled her head away from his curtain of hair to see where they were. They were about a few blocks away from the shrine, and from there, they only had house roofs to travel on. As they landed on the roof of the first house leading into the residential district of Tokyo, she then watched, as they loomed closer to the stairs leading to the shrine. As they reached the end of the last roof, he gave another grunt as he pushed off the edge, and they flew over the street and towards the steps.
 
As they flew towards the steps, Kagome closed her eyes and listened to the song of the breeze. The sounds of air flowing around them, the ruffling of his haori and his hair were the only music heard through the whole trip. That and his grunts every now and then, but she loved his voice. It was peaceful traveling with him. No car horns or dings from the trains, no people chatting, just wind. Like they were traveling in a different dimension.
 
Finally, Inuyasha's feet touched down at the top of the stairs leading to the shrine. Kagome felt his legs flex downward from the weight on his back, but he didn't let go. He then jogged up towards the house, with her still on his back without question. Once they got close to the house, he didn't even stop there. He jogged past the house.
 
“Inuyasha, where are we going?” Kagome asked.
 
“Just hold on.” Inuyasha answered as he slowed down, approaching the bench across from Goshinboku.
 
He stopped and knelt down to let her off, her feet finally touching concrete. He stood and then walked to the bench to take a seat. Kagome followed silently, and sat beside him.
 
“Kagome, I need to ask you something.” Inuyasha said as he turned to look at her face.
 
“What is it?” Kagome asked curiously.
 
“Earlier you mentioned that your friends thought you had something. What was it?” Inuyasha asked vaguely.
 
“Uh, I don't know what you're talking about.” Kagome answered.
 
“That you had a boy friend. What's that?” Inuyasha asked innocently.
 
“Oh. That. They think I'm going out with someone. That I have a relationship with a guy. You know, like an intimate relationship.” Kagome explained.
 
“Do you mean me?” Inuyasha asked curiously.
 
“Well, yeah, but I know we don't have that. I told them I don't have a boyfriend. It's nothing for you to worry about. But I was thinking about talking to you about it. I mean, you've only been with me for a day and a night, and already my friends are asking me questions and they don't even know you exist. I know we can call Sango, Miroku and Kohaku distant relatives, but you on the other hand…There's no family resemblance, and you're not family, nor completely human. I'm a bit worried about how to handle this situation without exposing you. It just occurred to me is all. The things you can do. No human no matter how physically fit they are could ever do what you can do. Of course, these special things you do for me and my family are things I couldn't ever ask you to change. The only thing is, humans are stupid. They wouldn't know how to react to someone as wonderful as you.”
 
“Wonderful? Keh. Yeah right. You think those things that set me apart from you are wonderful. I'd gladly trade them so I people wouldn't see me as a freak. But, I gave up that chance to let Sango have Kohaku back. I think that's more important than us being back in the past without him. His life was stolen and used for some sick idiot's plots against us. I couldn't stand to let Naraku win against Kohaku in that way.” Inuyasha said as his gaze turned from Kagome to the tree in front of them.
 
“Yes. That is wrong to use someone's life against another. I think you did the right thing, Inuyasha. Only thing is, now you're stuck here, where you're not needed.” Kagome said as her gaze followed his and the blowing wind was all they could hear for a few seconds.
 
“You're right. I'm not needed here, for now. I think there's a reason we wound up here with you. It's too perfect. We all got our wishes in the end. I'm now in a time where there's peace. No war, and no youkai to destroy.”
 
“Well, there still is war, but not amongst ourselves. If anything, the other countries fight against each other all the time. Right now, the United States of America are the peacekeepers, but there are countries against their ideals of peace. So, there's always some sort of war going on in the world. Only difference is, these wars are strictly political. `You threaten us, we kick your butts' type stuff.” Kagome sighed.
 
“Humph. Idiots. What's there to gain?” Inuyasha asked.
 
“Power. That's all.”
 
“No land? No riches? Just power over another country?”
 
“Well, not always. Sometimes countries next to each other will fight with each other, and then another country who believes in peace will step in and suffer losses to stop the squabble, but those wars are not always successful. I don't completely understand the concept of modern war either. I hate war.” Kagome explained as she looked over towards the man at her side.
 
“I don't get it either. One thing's for certain, I'm not getting involved in any political wars. Just give me a youkai to kill and fight, and I'm happy.” Inuyasha grunted as he sat up straight and crossed his arms over his chest.
 
Kagome giggled at his pride. `He's such a male. He's so happy about the small one on one fight where he can gain control easily'
 
“What's so funny?” Inuyasha asked in an agitated tone.
 
“Oh, nothing.”
 
“Keh.”
 
“So, what would you like to do while you're here? There must be something you can do. Miroku can help Grandpa with the Shrine. Sango can help with the usual chores, Kohaku can probably start going to school with Souta…” Kagome started naming off as Inuyasha watched her pull fingers down into a fist as she counted aloud.
 
“I know I can take you to school. I guess anything no one else can do around here.” Inuyasha thought aloud.
 
“Yeah. But if you left the shrine often, you'd be exposed more often.”
 
“What, you think I should just hole myself up in this corner of the city just to not be noticed? I'm not some hermit, ya know.” Inuyasha ground out.
 
“Yeah, I know. I guess we'll need to go shopping and get you all modern clothes so when you all do leave the shrine, people won't be so quick to question.” Kagome thought aloud.
 
“Keh…If you think I'm gonna wear what those boys you go to school with wear, you've got to be kidding.” Inuyasha answered plainly.
 
“You mean the school uniform for guys? Oh no…Not that. Modern clothes, like jeans, t-shirts, jackets, socks and shoes…” Kagome drawled on as Inuyasha shifted next to her, catching her attention. As her eyes followed the movement, she noticed he held up his foot. He looked her in the eye to see her reaction. She looked to his left foot and noticed the pads on the bottom of it. She gasped in surprise. She knew he was half dog demon, but she didn't think his feet would also hold a part of that. She reached out and touched the bottom of his foot, feeling the roughness of the skin and the pads.
 
“You can see I don't need shoes. I refuse to wear anything on them since I don't need to.” Inuyasha mentioned as she caressed his foot softly in wonderment.
 
“Well, we could get you a pair of sandals, then at least they can't turn you away from places that require people to wear foot ware while inside. Would that be okay?” Kagome asked nicely.
 
Inuyasha only had a chance to blink when they suddenly heard voices approaching from the side. They turned their heads to see to whom the voices belonged. The voices evidently belonged to her grandfather, Miroku and Sango. The three of them had left the house and were venturing out towards the shrine grounds. Inuyasha and Kagome just sat there, watched and listened.
 
Once the three got close to the hanyou and the girl on the bench, Miroku's eyes caught the exchange between the boy and the girl. “Oh my…Sorry to interrupt you two.”
 
They looked at what he saw. Kagome holding and touching his foot. Inuyasha right away cringed and pulled his foot away from Kagome's hands. Kagome gasped as he suddenly moved and almost cut her hand with the talons on his toes.
 
“What do you want, lecher?” Inuyasha grunted as he shifted to face forward on the bench.
 
“Oh, nothing. We're just learning about the shrine, and where we may be needed during the day. What about you two?” Miroku asked inquiringly.
 
“Oh. Inuyasha just brought me home from school and we were just talking about stuff.” Kagome butted in before Inuyasha could get his insults in.
 
“Oh, so that's where you've been all day. I was beginning to wonder if you had ventured off into the forest looking for your two mortal enemies to pick a fight.” Miroku threw at him.
 
“Hey! I don't just fight, okay? There's gotta be a reason, you knuckle head!” Inuyasha threw back as Sango giggled along with Kagome.
 
Suddenly a ball of fur jumped up onto Inuyasha's lap. “You always look for reasons to fight Kouga. You two never agree on anything.” Shippo threw in his two cents suddenly.
 
“Why you little…” Inuyasha had brought up his claws and Shippo darted off his lap and ran for the forest. “Get Back Here!” Inuyasha shouted as he got up from the bench and leaped after the kitsune, creating a funny scene for the rest of them gathered around the bench.
 
“Shippo loves to torture him, doesn't he?” Kagome giggled.
 
“Oh yeah. Those two are insufferable.” Sango said between laughs.
 
“Yeah, but Inuyasha's such an easy target with being as sensitive as he is. He usually winds up setting himself up for the comments without realizing it. That's what makes his anger at the situation so funny.” Miroku explained.
 
“I guess you all had plenty of reasons to laugh back then, huh?” Kagome said with a smile.
 
She was met with silence. She wiped the smile from her face as she looked forward towards the forest. They heard rustling, but couldn't tell who was making the noise. Suddenly, a figure stepped out from behind the Goshinboku. It was Sesshoumaru. The group of them tensed, waiting to see what he was planning to do. Kagome turned to see her grandfather's reaction to Sesshoumaru's presence. The old man's mouth was supported by the bench as his eyes bugged out.
 
“Sesshoumaru. What a pleasant surprise.” Miroku drawled out with sarcastic enthusiasm.
 
Sesshoumaru said nothing. He stood there looking on each of them. Once his eyes fell on the old man, he asked, “Who are you?”
 
The old man stammered over the words for a moment, but finally gained control of his mouth and asked, “Are you the legendary demon Lord, Sesshoumaru? I can't believe my eyes! You and Inuyasha are brothers. Why haven't I seen you before now?”
 
“You are correct. I am that demon Lord. But, you must understand. Inuyasha and I are only half brothers, and I detest Inuyasha. I have no intention of spending time in the same room with him.” Sesshoumaru spouted with no change in expression.
 
“What do you want, Sesshoumaru?” Sango drawled out defensively.
 
“There's no way of getting back to the past, is there?”
 
“The past? Why would you want to go back? The jewel is no longer useful, and Naraku has been defeated.” Miroku explained.
 
“I am merely curious of the situation. I have no intentions of going back.” Sesshoumaru said simply.
 
“Oh. So, are you just going to stay in the forest?” Kagome asked innocently.
 
“I don't belong in a shrine.” He stated.
 
“No kidding.” Sango remarked, earning a glare from the demon lord.
 
“Well, is there anything we can help you with?” Kagome asked with a smile.
 
“No.” He said as he turned and walked off into the forest quietly.
 
“Weird.” Sango pointed out.
 
“Well, he no longer has anything to live for. No fight to resume, and no reason to protect that little girl. He will just exist from now on.” Miroku explained.
 
“Wow. How boring.” Kagome drawled out as she watched the demon lord walk silently through the trees.
 
Suddenly, the hanyou and the kitsune appeared from the tree line a few feet away, bickering. Shippo would not relent his taunting as the poor hanyou tried hard to get one up on the kit. Three watched their two companions and enjoyed the comedy.
 
~*~
 
 
In the kitchen, Mrs. Higurashi and Kaede prepared the evening meal and chatted harmoniously. Kaede had even chatted with the old man earlier in the day, along with Sango and Miroku. The three of them happened to fit very well. Of course, Miroku and Kaede would help with the duties of shrine priest and shrine priestess. Sango would be more of someone who could help with the duties around the house and the shrine. Occasionally, she could show off some of her demon extermination skills to the visitors. And, of course, Kohaku would go to school with
Souta, and would see a doctor to help with his past recollections. They all decided they would try to make his life as normal as possible, at least according to the times. Kohaku needed a fresh start more than anything. He was given a second chance at life, and even more than that,…A chance to live the life of an ordinary boy like Souta had.
 
Once the two older women called the rest of them inside for the evening meal, they all met around the table once again to discuss the next week and make plans. It was decided that Inuyasha would only help around the shrine when needed, but he would mainly accompany Kagome and make sure she would get to school on time on the morning. He would also accompany her and anyone else to the grocery store to help carry items since they would have quite a ways to walk there and back.
 
One thing the old man brought up was their identities. With the modern times needing proof of identification, they would have to all go down to the authorities office and get ID's so they would not be questioned if the event of questioning ever arose. Inuyasha was the only one of them who had a problem with the idea due to them needing to know his full name and how old he was. He knew for certain they wouldn't believe him if he said he was over 60 years old.
 
Once the dinner was over, they retired to the living room and discussed the matters further. One matter that was undoubtedly discussed was the demons that now lurked in their forest. The old man didn't necessarily want two vicious demons anywhere near the shrine, and he figured since Kouga was of no use and had no reason for existence in his mind, he was about ready to go out and exercise the wolf demon lord. Inuyasha mentioned he was nothing to worry about since he held no special powers other than talking to other wolves.
 
“Without the shards in his legs, he's worth nothing. I could kill him easily now that he's not super fast. I can outwit him easily now.” Inuyasha claimed smugly.
 
“You certain, Inuyasha? He still has his keen sense of smell. I think his sense of smell is stronger than yours actually.” Miroku pointed out.
 
“Shaddup, lecher. You don't know him like I do. I can take him if he causes any real trouble.”
 
“You sure? He'll bolt if you try to use your wind scar on him. If he was able to sense it immediately, whereas it took your going blind to sniff it out, then he is still gonna be a challenge, Inuyasha.” Sango warned.
 
“Keh. As if he could take me! All he can do is punch whereas I can slice and dice from a distance! He's just a mangy wolf.” Inuyasha shot back.
 
“So he has heightened senses? What else can he do?” Kagome asked innocently.
 
“When I first met him, he had a shard in each leg and one in his right arm. He was fast and packed a powerful punch. Now his only weapon other than his weak fists is his sword, and the possibility of controlling a band of wolves, which I doubt he will be able to this day and age. I haven't sensed a wolf in this area since I woke up.” Inuyasha explained.
 
“Come to think of it, I've never seen Kouga draw his sword the whole time we've known him.” Miroku added.
 
“Yeah. He's too prideful to use a weapon other than his body. He has an ego the size of Japan. And I thought Inuyasha had a huge ego. His doesn't even compare to Kouga's.” Sango mentioned.
 
Inuyasha's reaction to that was to clench his fist and hit Shippo over the head. “Ow! What did I do?” Shippo cried.
 
“You were closest.” Inuyasha spat, earning a smack from Kagome out of protection of the kitsune.
 
“Shippo, you know better than to sit next to him. You know he'll never harm Sango. You should sit across the table from him instead of right next to him.” Miroku suggested as Shippo jumped onto Kagome's shoulder, furthest from the hanyou as Kagome soothed the lump on his head.
 
“Keh!” Was all they got out of Inuyasha.
 
The conversation lasted for only a bit longer, then they all felt tired and decided to hit the rooms for the night. Inuyasha decided to fight with Sango on whether or not he could stay with them in the room. For some reason, Inuyasha wound up revealing that he couldn't sleep without Kagome's presence. Ever since she woke him, he had been near her, and her presence calmed him. Sango decided to sleep with Mrs. Higurashi and Kaede, just so she could get some sort of sleep. She was too tired to bother questioning. Mrs. Higurashi then pulled Inuyasha back downstairs to talk to him about the night before, allowing Sango and Kagome some `sister' time for just a bit.
 
“We have to talk about privileges in my house, Inuyasha.” Mrs. Higurashi said to the hanyou as she pulled out a chair and sat down herself.
 
“Is there something wrong?” Inuyasha asked.
 
“I just need to clarify a few things about our era when it comes to women, especially my daughter. Now, she's only 15, and if I understand things correctly, she would have been of age for settling down in your time. Nowadays, girls like her wait `til at least 18-20 years old to settle down. Usually they wait `til their schooling is over with before becoming an adult…”
 
“Okay. Did I do something to warrant this worry?” Inuyasha asked innocently.
 
“Well, you did take my daughter out into the forest last night without my consent. Now as I understood it from Sango, you both spent the entire night into the morning out there alone. These days, young girls her age have what's called a curfew. Meaning, she must remain indoors from a certain time, `til she leaves for school in the morning. That way she remains under our safe care during the nighttime. Yes, these are times of peace, but this is more for her piece of mind as well as mine. At least for right now. I have only known you for a day or so, and you haven't had enough time to gain my trust with my daughter in those circumstances just yet.” Mrs. Higurashi spelled out without taking her eyes from the young hanyou across from her.
 
“I understand. I have no intention of harming your daughter in any way. Now that things are back to normal, and I know there's no immediate danger to consider, I can rest easy, and so may all of you. I am a very strong hanyou, Mrs. Higurashi. I would never let anyone harm your daughter. Those feelings of protection I harbor for her are the very reasons why I have agreed to make sure she makes it to and from school safely.” Inuyasha explained without a moments thought.
 
“I thank you for your protection, and we will do what we can to protect you all as well. We are very blessed to have you all here. I just wanted to make these rules known to you all incase any confusion between values occur in the future. Also, if you feel you must have her near at night, please leave the door to her bedroom open, and I must never come in to find you to together in her bed. Understood?” The woman's eyes suddenly gained a slight glare when she mentioned the rules of the bedroom.
 
Inuyasha gulped and replied with, “Yes, ma'am. You have my word.” As his voice cracked just a bit.
 
“Good to hear. I will walk with you upstairs to make sure everything's in order with my daughter and Sango.” She directed as she stood from her chair. Inuyasha stood as well and followed the woman up the stairs to Kagome's room.
 
The woman knocked on Kagome's door and waited for the invite to open the door. The opened door revealed the two young girls sitting on the bed cuddling their pillows and giggling as they talked about girl stuff. With a smile, Kagome's mother mentioned she had talked with Inuyasha and that he was aware of the rules. She mentioned them to Kagome as well, hoping they would both heed them. Once that conversation was over, Sango picked up her pillow and bedding and headed out with the woman to the next room.
 
Kagome still sat on her bed as she watched the young hanyou as he walked in quietly and sat down across from her bed on the floor. Kagome wondered how difficult her mom had been on him with the `talk' she gave him. He looked a bit distant and a little too serious than he was earlier.
 
“Inuyasha, is there something wrong? Mom wasn't too mean was she?” Kagome asked quietly.
 
“No. She told me she didn't want me taking you out of the house at night without permission, and that she doesn't know me well enough to trust me in here alone with you with the door closed. I have a feeling she'll be looking in on us every morning to see if I try to crawl into bed with you or something.” He said in an agitated tone with his eyes closed and his brows furrowed.
 
“Oh. Well, your asking to stay in here with me at night is rather bold at this point, Inuyasha. I have nothing to worry about with you, but my mom can be a bit over protective, especially with strangers around. You'll just have to prove that you're not the type of man Miroku is.” Kagome explained.
 
Inuyasha's eyes shot open in offense as he shouted, “I AM NOTHING LIKE HIM!”
 
“I'm not saying you are! She doesn't know that yet! I'm the only one here who's spent the most time with all of you! At this point, she could be asking me if you had taken advantage of me out in the woods, but she's chosen to trust me and know that I can handle myself around a guy.” Kagome pointed out.
 
“Keh. To suspect me as a lecher like that monk is an insult. Miroku is the only one she needs to worry about. I'm surprised Miroku hasn't asked her to bare his children yet.”
 
Kagome laughed and then said, “I don't think so. He has Sango. If there's anyone he'll go after, it's her. Even Sango has thoughts of him.” Kagome mentioned.
 
“Huh…Let's get some sleep. You need to get to school tomorrow morning.” Inuyasha suggested as Kagome suddenly cut in with, “No I don't.”
 
“What? You don't have school?” Inuyasha asked dumbfounded.
 
“Nope. Tomorrow's Saturday. Tomorrow we will be going shopping for clothes for you all, remember?” Kagome reiterated from the conversation earlier that evening.
 
“Oh, yeah.” He let out as he averted his eyes from hers to the floor to his side as a slight blush appeared on his cheeks.
 
Kagome saw his reaction and then set her pillow down, moved to the floor and crawled up to him to get his attention. His head didn't move as her face came within a foot of his when she asked, “Inuyasha? Is there something wrong?”
 
Inuyasha turned his head to face her and froze when he saw how close she was. He didn't want to start anything with the woman's daughter while her door was open and she was in her nightclothes. This was the very situation he wanted to avoid after that talk with her mother. Even though he had decided immediately that he wasn't going to touch her daughter, the blush never left his cheeks. As she stared into his eyes waiting for an answer he couldn't give, he tried to keep his cool, and not falter.
 
Kagome reached out her hand to touch his cheek, “You're blushing and shaking.” She said as she rubbed his cheek tenderly.
 
He clenched his eyes closed and finally gained the right response. “Kagome, please. I don't want to get into trouble with your mother. You have to keep your distance, as I will keep mine. That's what I promised to your mother. I must gain her trust.”
 
“Inuyasha, all I'm asking for is for you to hold me for a minute. When you held me last night, no matter where we were, I slept the best I've slept in years. I promise not to do anything weird.” Kagome asked innocently as she looked into his eyes to gain his trust.
 
“You need the same from me as I need from you. Why didn't you mention this earlier?” Inuyasha inquired.
 
“I wasn't going to say that in front of my mother at this point. I don't want her to think that more than just being held by you happened last night. At least not now. If I fall asleep in your arms, you can put me in bed and sleep where you choose to afterwards, okay?”
 
Inuyasha looked at her for a moment. She was surprising him in how she was not afraid to disobey her mother's request. Although, she was only asking him to hold her and keep her warm for a few minutes and nothing more. With his thoughts in order, he unfolded his arms in silent approval of her request. He said nothing as she crawled onto his lap to reiterate their position the night before, and he opened the front of his haori and wrapped it around her shoulders. She snuggled into his chest and embraced him under his haori. He welcomed her warmth and her affection as he laid his chin on her head. He inhaled the scent of her hair as he held her close and wished to himself that he could be with her like that every night from that point on.
 
After a little while, her arms dropped at his sides, waking him out of a light sleep. He opened his eyes and looked around. He had no idea how much time had passed, but since the girl in his arms was dead asleep, he figured now was as good a time as any to get her under her covers, and him out of the doghouse. He slid his right arm down to grab her legs, put his other arm around her back as he maneuvered himself and stood to carry her to her bed. She didn't notice the shift or movements he made to lay her upon the bed and pull the covers over her thin frame. Once she was settled peacefully in her own bed, he knelt down next to her and watched her. She had no idea he no longer held her in his arms. Even he had already missed her warmth, but his wants were not worth getting in trouble with her mother. After a few moments, he realized how much he really wanted her near. He realized he couldn't sleep across the room from her.
 
`I guess you're right, Kagome. I do have some soul searching within myself to do. I'm just as confused as you are. I certainly hope it won't take me that long to figure out what my heart wants.' Inuyasha thought to himself as he turned off the light and his glowing eyes watched over her. A ray of Moonlight shone over her face through her window. He noticed the ray of light and turned to look out the window to gauge the phase of the moon, which was in the smallest crescent phase. He looked on at that which caused him grief and fear every month. The next night, she would find out his deepest and darkest secret. Knowing there would be no hiding himself; he sighed and turned back to the girl lying before him, oblivious to the scene. He decided to lean forward and leave a goodnight kiss on her forehead. He then turned his back against her bed, got relaxed on the floor and closed the front of his haori as he stared out the window at his enemy, the crescent moon the rest of that night.
 
~*~
 
Well, yes…I guess with this chapter, this fic is certainly winding down. I'm not sure, but I think you guys are getting tired f hearing about me ending this fic, and yet you see another chappy appear suddenly…My mind just keeps defying me…Grrrr…Oh well. This fic is writing itself, so I'm going to stop with the comments of how much longer this fic has. Well, I certainly hope you enjoyed this chappy. And, I bet you can guess as to what the next chappy will be about, huh? (Laughs maniacally)