InuYasha Fan Fiction ❯ The Mystery of Tsuki ❯ Chapter One ( Chapter 1 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Disclaimer: I do not own Inu-Yasha.

Ok...this is my very first Inu-Yasha and I don't know if its very good... this is only the first chapter and I promise it will get better. Hope you like and please R&R!

Chapter One

Kagome sat in her desk, patently waiting for her teacher to pass out the marked math exams. She secretly hoped that five hours of studying the previous night had paid off. The teacher approached her desk and put the test paper upside down. Slowly Kagome turned it over and sighed. `Another D' she thought `Inu-Yasha is not going to be happy, especially since I kept him up half the night studying.'

The bell rang and Kagome grabbed her books and started to walk home. Hojo was running after her calling Kagome's name, but she didn't hear him because she was lost in thought.

"Kagome! Wait up!"

Kagome turned and saw Hojo running towards her. "Oh, hello Hojo."

Hojo smiled. "I was calling your name Kagome, didn't you hear me?"

Shaking her head, Kagome replied "Sorry, I didn't hear you."

"Ok then. I was just wondering if you wanted to do something on Saturday."

"Sorry Hojo I cant. I'm going somewhere with my family that day. Plus I have to study, I didn't do to well on the Math test."

"Another time then? Well since I cant go out with you on Saturday, why don't I walk you home."

Kagome nodded "Sure, I'd like that."

Hojo walked her the rest of the way home, and once her left her at the steps of the shrine, Kagome heard someone walking towards her.

"So was that Hojo?"

"Yes that was Hojo"

Inu-Yasha followed Kagome up the steps, inside her house and up to her room. "Why was he with you?"

Kagome grabbed her yellow backpack and walked past Inu-Yasha and straight to the well. He ran after her yelling. "Aren't you going to answer me? Kagome!"

"Why should I Inu-Yasha? If Hojo was with me that's my concern and not yours!"

"It is my concern! I don't want you with--" Inu-Yasha quickly shut up when he realized what he was about to say. `What am I doing? Why should I care if Kagome was with Hojo...maybe I really do care for her.'

"Just mind your own business Inu-Yasha." Kagome jumped into the well, followed by Inu-Yasha. When they were on the other side Inu-Yasha jumped out first then helped Kagome climb out. They walked silently to Kaede's village. The silence was soon broken when Inu-Yasha spoke up.

"Look I'm sorry ok? I just...I..."

Kagome stared at Inu-Yasha "What's wrong?"

"I care about you Kagome and I don't want to see you get hurt."

"Hurt by who? Your really confusing sometimes, do you know that?"

"I was trying to be nice!"

Kagome touched his arm and said. "I know that. And I'm greatful"

Inu-Yasha blushed and continued walking.

"You could say something back you know."

"Feh. Why should I? I have nothing to say."

Kagome pushed him and said. "Your such a jerk!"

"What was that for?!"

"You mean this?" Laughed Kagome as she pushed him.

Inu-Yasha grabbed her shoulders.

"What are you doing?"

Inu-Yasha stare at Kagome for a moment before he quickly let go and said "Lets go."

When they finally arrived at Kaede's Village, Miroku, Shippo, and Sango was there waiting for them. "What took you guys so long?" asked Shippo.

"Never mind Shippo. It doesn't matter." Kagome walked into the hut and sat down. `What just happened? Why was he...why is he doing this to me?'

That night when Kagome went to sleep she had a very strange dream. And it left her feeling a little weird.

In the Dream

They were fighting another demon, and Inu-Yasha was trying his best to defeat it. Every time Inu-Yasha would seem to injure it, the demon's wounds would keep healing up.

"Inu-Yasha Watch out!"

"Kagome stay back! I can't risk you getting hurt!"

Inu-Yasha was turned to long, and so the demon was able to swing his long clawed hand across Inu-Yasha's back. Gasping He collapsed on the ground.

"INU-YASHA!" Kagome tried to run to him, but Miroku held her back.

"Kagome he wouldn't want you to risk your life because of him."

Kagome turned to look at Miroku. Tears were now streaming down her face. "I can't leave him there! I'm not going to do that Miroku! I love him too much to leave him!" Breaking free of Miroku's grasp, Kagome took out her bow and arrow and shot it at the demon. The arrow shot through the air with a pink magic glow, hitting the demon straight in the chest; destroying the demon immediately. Kagome ran to Inu-Yasha, and turned him over. "Inu-Yasha? Please open your eyes Inu-Yasha. Please!"

Slowly Inu-Yasha's eyes opened. "Ka...Kagome, your crying."

"Yeah but I'll be fine. You on the other hand, you're going to need to get fixed up. That demon got you pretty bad."

He smiled "Yeah he did didn't her? Kagome I... I need to tell you something before I lose the courage."

"What is it Inu-Yasha?"

"I...I..." Inu-Yasha swallowed, then looked Kagome in the eye. "Kagome I love you!"

Kagome woke up when she heard Inu-Yasha say "I love you" in the dream. Feeling uneasy Kagome got up and went out for a walk. Inu-Yasha opened an eye and wondered out loud. "Where is she going now?"

It was pretty dark when Kagome left for her walk. And as she neared the forest she began to think she should go back when out of no where someone or something ran straight into. Kagome crashed to the ground and looked to see what had hit her. The other person had also fell to the ground and was now rubbing its head. "Ow. That hurt."

When Kagome got up she slowly started to move away from the thing. "Wait. I'm sorry, I didn't mean to hit you! I was running from a bug, I don't like them very much."

Kagome watched it get up and walk towards her. It came into the light from the moon and Kagome found herself face to face with... Sesshoumaru?

OK I have finished chapter one!!!!!! BWAH AH HA AH HA AH HA!!!!! Wow that took me a while, and sorry it so short...uh yeah so I hope you liked it and will continue reading on to chapter 2! Please R & R.

But be gentle...this is my first Inu-Yasha story...