InuYasha Fan Fiction ❯ The Mystery of Tsuki ❯ Chapter Two ( Chapter 2 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Chapter Two

Kagome didn't know why she did it, why she screamed. It just seemed to flow out. Usually demons didn't scare her but Sesshoumaru was a different story. `Maybe this is another dream.'

"Please! Stop screaming, just because I'm half demon doesn't mean you should freak out! I really am sorry for hitting you." Sticking out a clawed hand the half demon said, "My name is Tsuki."

Out of no where Inu-Yasha came in front of Kagome with the Tetsusaiga in his hands. "Back off demon!"

Tsuki looked at Inu-Yasha. "I'm only half demon and I'm not going to fight you. You're not worth it."

"Excuse me? How would you know if I'm worth it or not if you don't fight me?"

"Inu-Yasha stop." Whispered Kagome.

"You're not worth it because your only half demon and I do not fight half demons. I am only interested in fighting a demon called Naraku. And if anything thing, anyone comes in my way I will kill them."

Inu-Yasha smirked. "With what? That sword you have with you? I doubt you can actually lift it."

"I'm not some weakling. I have more power than you think."

"Inu-Yasha stop bothering her. She wasn't doing anything to hurt me! I just freaked out when I saw her, and that's all."

Tsuki smiled. "See you should listen to her. I wouldn't hurt a human."

Inu-Yasha lowered the Tetsusaiga and it transformed back into a very old looking sword. "So you want to kill Naraku as well huh? Seems like everybody we meet wants to do that. Come on Kagome we should head back."

Kagome nodded. "Tsuki why don't you stay with us for the night and in the morning you can tell us your story ok?"

"Alright. Thank you Kagome."

Tsuki followed Kagome and Inu-Yasha back to the hut and they all went to sleep.

In the morning Sango and Shippo were surprised to have a guest with them when they woke up. Miroku on the other hand was very happy to have another lady with them. During breakfast he sat by her and got acquainted. "Hello, you're a new sight here. My name is Miroku and you are?"

Tsuki turned her head to look at Miroku. "I'm Tsuki. But may I ask you one question?"

"Yes what is it?"

"Why are you rubbing my back?"

Sango spoke up. "He's a lecher."

"That could be why he's rubbing my back. You could stop anytime now."

Miroku was now crouched In front of her holding her hands.

`What an odd man' she thought

"Tsuki you seem like a nice sweet girl and even though I have only known you for a short time, I feel as if I am connected to you. So I ask you this...will you bear my child?"

Tsuki stared at him. "Uh..." and when she thought of the perfect answer she continued. "Now Miroku I have only just met you, maybe when I get to know you better then maybe I will consider your request."

"Are you serious?"

Tsuki nodded "uh...no not really..."

"Well...Tsuki you were going to tell us the reason why you wanted to kill Naraku." Said Kagome.

"Oh yes. Well, from what my mother told me, Naraku killed my father when I was very young and so she brought me up on her own. She taught me everything about magic and she gave me my sword, Tamashi. My mother also taught me to fight and defend myself, because she believed that I should be as strong and as powerful as my father. You see my father was a very powerful dog demon and my mother loved my father very much. I don't know anything about their relationship; she never really discussed my father."

They all sat in silence for a moment until Kagome said. "What was your father's name? If he was a dog demon maybe Inu-Yasha had heard of him."

"His name was Sesshoumaru."

"Keh. This girl is obviously stupid. Sesshoumaru would never mate with a human."

Tsuki gave Inu-Yasha an evil look. "How would you know?"

"I'm his brother."

"Oh really? You don't speak very highly of him...uncle."

"One, I hate my brother. Two, don't call me uncle. Three, Sesshoumaru isn't dead."

Tsuki stared at Inu-Yasha with a blank expression on her face. "Not dead? What do you mean not dead?"

"You know as in with the living? You really are stupid."

"Inu-Yasha you must be mistaken. My mother told me that my father was dead." Tears began to fall down Tsuki face as she watched Inu-Yasha for a sign of truth. "She lied to me? Why would my mother lie to me?"

Kagome leaned towards Inu-Yasha and whispered. "Aren't you going to do anything? Tsuki is your family."

"Keh. It's not my problem."

Kagome gave Inu-Yasha a dirty look as she got up. Walking over to Tsuki she motioned Sango to follow her. "Tsuki why don't you come with is. We can go for a walk and come up with come sort of solution ok?"

Tsuki nodded and followed Kagome and Sango out of the hut, leaving Shippo, Miroku and Inu-Yasha behind.

"Inu-Yasha do you not have sympathy for other people around you? Tsuki is clearly in pain but you just sit back and let her deal with it on her own." said Miroku

Inu-Yasha crossed his arms. "You're just saying that because she actually considered you and your lechery."

"Both of you are acting very strange. Here's what I think. Both of you are effected by Tsuki's presence, Inu-Yasha you feel compassion towards her because you can understand her pain. And Miroku you see her as something more than a beautiful girl." Shippo took a sip of water and started rubbing his head. "Wow, where did that come from?"

A sweat drop ran down Inu-Yasha's face as he said. "What a sad little demon."

The three girls walked in silence for a while before anyone spoke. It seemed they all had something on their minds. But as Kagome walked she tough of Tsuki. `Poor girl. Brought up on lies, no wonder why she seems so different form Sesshoumaru and Inu-Yasha. Her father hates and Inu-Yasha hides everything deep inside him. Tsuki seemed so happy when she got here, she was loved and now she has no family to love her.Inu-Yasha and Sesshoumaru don't know her at all, so how can they possibly help her get through this?'

"You know what Tsuki" Said Sango, breaking the silence. "I think I know what we should do."

"What?! Your going to what!!!" Yelled Inu-Yasha as he tried to understand what Sango was saying.

"We are going to find Sesshoumaru." Sango said calmly.

Kagome leaned over and whispered to Sango. "I think he's having an aneurysm."

"What's that?" Sango whispered back.

"You two have got to be out of your fucking minds! You know Sesshoumaru wants the Tetsusaiga, going to him would make it easy for him to steal it!"

"Inu-Yasha if you can control the Tetsusaiga, keeping it from him should be no problem. You have kept it from him before." Sango paused for a moment. Looking Inu-Yasha in the eye, she searched for a answer. When she couldn't find one she continued. "Anyway, where going to find Sesshoumaru whether you like it or not. Besides we can look for the jewel shards as well. Killing two birds with one stone."

Inu-Yasha crossed his arms. "Fine. If were going to do this we should leave now, while it's still light."

"Its still morning" stated Miroku

"I know that!" Inu-Yasha stormed out of the hut as the rest of them got their things together. Tsuki grabbed her sword and put it between the thin blue fabric of her pants. "I'm going ahead. I think I should talk to him."

Shippo, Sango, Kagome, and Miroku watched her go, and soon followed after her. "She has a beautiful sword. I can tell it was forged by a very skillful swordsman."

"Was that all you noticed Miroku? Or are you just trying to hide your lechery?" asked Shippo.

"Why not at all. I was just simply saying that her sword was beautiful. In fact the power and mystical energy coming from it is very strong. Tsuki must be a skilled fighter to be able to control Tamashi."

Sango nodded. "I agree with Miroku. The power coming from that sword just might be strong enough to rival the Tetsusaiga."

"Yes and if were not careful. Tsuki could be just the thing to beat Inu-Yasha."

"Miroku just what are you trying to say?" asked Kagome

"She has extraordinary power and if that power is brought to the wrong hands--"

"-- It could be disastrous. Then maybe we should rethink bringing her to Sesshoumaru." said Kagome

"No. This is the right thing to do. Tsuki has to be the one to decide what she wants, and we cant be the ones to make that decision for her."

"Inu-Yasha Wait!" Tsuki hand started to run at full speed as soon as she reached the bottom of the steps. Soon she caught up with Inu-Yasha.

"Keh. What do you want?"

Tsuki smiled. "I just wanted to talk to my uncle. And well I also wanted to ask you something."

Inu-Yasha stopped walking and turned to face Tsuki. "And what is that?"

"Well I wanted to ask you if you could help me train with Tamashi. My mother used to train me but now that she's gone I haven't had proper training for months. And since you're family I thought you would be the right person to train me. So Please can you help me train? Please Inu-Yasha? Please uncle?"

"How old are you?"

"What's that got to do with anything?"

"Fine if you don't want to tell me."

"Fifteen."

"Fifteen huh? How long have you been training with that sword?"

Tsuki put her hands on her hips and thought. `How long have I been training with this thing? Oh I remember now.' "Two years, five months, and ten days."

Inu-Yasha nodded. "SO if I agree to help you train what's in it for me?"

"A chance to get to know me?"

Inu-Yasha stared at Tsuki. "Fine I'll help you train."

Tsuki jumped at Inu-Yasha and wrapped her arms around him. "Oh thank you, thank you, thank you! You wont regret it I promise!"

OK well chapter two is finished and I hope you liked it... Since this story is a joint thing...(did that make any sense?) my co-writer Ali will be writing the next two chapters? But I'm not sure, cause that decision will be up to her. Um...so hope your enjoying this story and I hope you keep reading. And don't forget to R&R! Bye! .