InuYasha Fan Fiction ❯ The New Student and Kagome's Secret ❯ Chapter 6: Feelings Revealed ( Chapter 6 )

[ Y - Young Adult: Not suitable for readers under 16 ]

Chapter 6

Sango and Miroku watched as the hanyou and miko hugged each other. They had stopped when they realized that Inuyasha and Kagome weren't with them. When they turned around to find them, they found Kagome and Inuyasha in a tight hug.

"I just don't see why those two don't fess up their love for one another," Sango grumbled. Miroku looked at Sango.

"Maybe they are afraid of what the other might say," he said softly. Sango looked at him with a `huh?' look. "No one really accepts hanyous…and no one really accepts such powerful mikos such as Kagome." Sango frowned.

"Okay…that makes them even that much more perfect for each other," she said flatly.

"It's a lot more complicated than that. Inuyasha comes has a terrible past in which he found trust in no one. He is probably very hesitant at trusting Kagome with his feelings," he began. "And Kagome probably thinks that someone with demon blood would want nothing to do with a human…at least not in a `romantic' way." Sango acted as if she was beginning to understand.

"I just wish those two could admit it," she said shaking her head. "Right, Miroku? Miroku?" Miroku was staring off into space. Sango stepped in front of him and waved her hand in front of his face. "Hello? Miroku? Earth to Miroku?" Miroku grabbed her waving hand. Sango blushed.

"Be careful, Sango. When the battle comes, take care of yourself. I've known you since I was a little kid. I would not know where to begin if something happened to you," he said staring at her. Sango was taken aback. She had to admit she felt the same way, but she was startled at how he just suddenly said it from out of no where.

Sango nodded her head. "I promise, Miroku. You be careful, too, okay? I need you when we get back here." A small tear began to form at the corner of her right eye. Miroku noticed and wiped it away.

"Everything will be fine," he said. He hugged her. Sango waited for the groping, but none ever came. "I need you, Sango! Please, come back to me safely!" Miroku suddenly blurted out. `He really cares about me,' Sango thought. `I really care about him, too.' Sango wrapped her arms around him tightly.

"I will. The same for you, Miroku!" she said. Her feelings for him had suddenly overwhelmed her. She had never realized they were there until now. Maybe it was because she didn't know if he would return to her. They looked at each other.

"Sango…in case I don't return…" he began.

"Don't talk like that!" Sango said starting to tear up again. "You're coming back to me! Do you hear me? You're coming back to me!"

"But Sango there is always that possibility," he said softly. Sango's tears were now coming down her face. She gripped his robe and started to cry. "Sango, don't cry." He gently ran his fingers through her hair. She looked up at him. He wiped a few of her tears away and they both stared at each other. Their faces moved closer and closer until their lips met taking each other into a loving kiss. No one seemed to notice what was going on between the exterminator and priest, and if they had, neither of them would have cared. For them, the world stopped so they could express their feelings for each other before they went into what could be their last battle. When they released themselves from the kiss, Miroku placed his hands on Sango's shoulders. They both were thinking the same thing.

"Now, do you see why I need you to return, Sango?" he asked. "I needed to tell you this before anything else happened. Sango…I love you." Sango blushed heavily and tears of joy came to her eyes.

"I love you, too, Miroku!" she said gently placing another kiss on his lips and wrapping him in a hug. A feeling of relief overwhelmed both of them as if two tons of weight had been lifted off of them.

Miroku placed a kiss on the top of her head then said, "Let's go get Inuyasha and Kagome." Sango nodded and the two walked off to find their friends.

"Thank you, Inuyasha," Kagome said. Inuyasha released Kagome from his hug. He wrapped his arm around her shoulder as he would one of his buddies.

"You okay, now?" he asked. She nodded her head and smiled. "Okay, then let's find Sango and Miroku and have them explain a few things." Kagome nodded.

"They seem to be keeping an awful lot of things secret these days," Kagome said suspiciously. Finally, they found Sango and Miroku and…they were kissing!!!

"Ummm…okay," Inuyasha said and turned around to give the two their privacy. Kagome just stared at them codmouthed. Inuyasha looked up to notice Kagome gawking at them. "Kagome!" He grabbed her and turned her around. "Give them a little privacy!" Kagome giggled.

"YES!!! I knew it! I always knew it!" she said gleefully. Inuyasha gave her a weird look.

"You girls are all into this kind of shit aren't you?" he asked. Kagome nodded her head with excitement.

"But you are right about one thing. We do need to leave them alone. Come on!" she said grabbing Inuyasha by the arm and leading him away from the crowd. They walked around the corner of the house until they were finally alone. Kagome smiled.

"What are you smiling about?" Inuyasha asked curiously. Kagome stifled a laugh.

"I was just thinking about how weird all of this is," she said. "The way we met and then turn out to be two of the most well known people in the country." Inuyasha smiled.

"I admit that is sort of strange," Inuyasha said.

"Why do you think we met?" Kagome asked him. Inuyasha looked at her, but Kagome was staring into the sky.

"I'm not sure," he said as he too looked into the sky. "Maybe it was just part of destiny's plan." Kagome smiled and looked at him.

"I'm glad," she said. Inuyasha looked back at her with a confused expression. "I'm glad destiny allowed us to meet." Kagome walked over to him and hugged his left arm. "You're my best friend, Inuyasha." Inuyasha's heart leapt. A part of him was overjoyed that she had finally said something like that and another part of him was torn apart that the word friend was in there. "Since you have came into my life, I feel happier and safer than I ever have before. Sango and Miroku are practically a part of the family and I always knew that they would take care of me, but they don't have the abilities you do. I know you will never allow anything to happen to me."

"You're my best friend, too, Kagome," he said smiling down at her. He released himself from her grasp and wrapped his arm around her shoulders. They both sunk to the ground sitting on the soft soil with their backs braced against the side of Sango's house. Kagome rested her head on his shoulder. `For some reason,' Kagome thought. `I don't think I could live without him. But why would I think of my best friend that way? Besides, he is just my friend, right? Of course, he is, you dwit!!! You don't think of him in that way! Besides, he is part demon and would never want to have ANYTHING to do with a lousy human like you!' Kagome hadn't noticed that Inuyasha had been staring at her the whole time.

"Are you okay?" he asked her breaking through her thoughts. Kagome jumped. "Hey! Simmer down, girl! Take it easy! I ain't gonna bite…" He bared his fangs. "Hard anyway!" She frowned and punched him playfully. He laughed a little and she turned her head. She removed herself from his grasp and stood up with her back to him.

"Hmph!" she said folding her arms.

"Hey, what gives?" he said standing with a smile. She looked at him over her shoulder. Inuyasha had to swallow the lump in his throat. When Kagome looked over her shoulder, her raven hair followed the swing of her head softly landing against her silk skin. Her glossy lips were closed in a sexy smirk and her eyes filled with playful anger seduced him. Kagome caught onto all of this. She noticed how Inuyasha didn't seem to be able to move. `Could he be smitten by me?' she thought. She turned around and walked slowly towards him.

"Would you really bite me, Inuyasha?" she asked seductively lifting her top slightly so she could rub her hand across her stomach. She left her mouth half open revealing her tongue playing with her teeth. Inuyasha's staff had already began to harden. His palms were becoming sweaty and beads of sweat clung to his temples. `What is she doing?' he thought. Inuyasha couldn't deny that he wanted take her right then and there. When Kagome reached him, she touched his chest with her hand. For some reason, that sent Inuyasha's blood pulsing through his body. `Stay cool,' he thought. `Sesshomaru in a dress! Sesshomaru in a dress!' He still couldn't get his mind off of the luscious figure that stood in front of him. His hands touch Kagome's shoulders and slid down to her elbows. It sent chills down Kagome's spine. Inuyasha was becoming hypnotized by her scent.

"I would never bite you," he said. "Unless I was marking you." Inuyasha really didn't mean to say that last part out loud and hadn't even realized he had until he looked down to meet Kagome's confused face.

"Marking me? What do you mean?" she asked. `OH SHIT!' he thought. `I said that shit out loud!' Inuyasha nearly covered his mouth in shock.

"Uh…um…that is…er…" he stuttered still a little flustered by her. "Oh it's nothing! And it's not like that would ever actually happen with you anyway!" He turned his back to her with his face beet red. Kagome just stood there confused. Kagome grabbed him by the arm and whirled him around.

"Inuyasha…out with it!!!" she said glaring at him. "What does `marking' mean?" He couldn't tell her the whole truth, but he knew he had to tell her something or she would never shut-up about it.

"It's just a nice way of biting someone. It's so other demons know that if they mess with that person, there will be consequences," he said staring into the sky trying his best to avoid eye contact with her. He conveniently left out the part that the reason there would be hell to pay is because she would have mated with him and be bound to him forever.

"Oh," she said calmly. "So why haven't you marked me?" His eyes grew big and images flashed through his mind of how wonderful it would be to actually mark her. He waved his hand in front of his face.

"It's more complicated than that," he said aggravated. "You'll understand more if it ever happens to you. I have already told you too much."

"Oh, so it's like a secret demon thing!" Kagome said as excitement flashed through her eyes. Inuyasha was about to protest when her next statement stopped him. "I understand. Sango and Miroku keep stuff from me all of the time, but I know it's only for my own protection. Thanks for caring about me, Inuyasha!" She leaned up on her toes and kissed him on the cheek. Inuyasha froze. The kiss sent feelings through him like he had never felt before. It had made Kagome feel the same way. `What did you just do you crazy bitch!' Kagome scolded herself. `Why did you kiss him? Do you realize what that did to you?' Kagome pushed the thought from her mind.

"Hey! Kagome! Inuyasha!" someone shouted. They both turned to see Sango and Miroku running towards them. "We've been looking for you two." Kagome smiled recalling the scene her and Inuyasha had seen before retreating to solitude.

"Why hello Sango!" Kagome said with a smile. Inuyasha elbowed her as if to say don't say anything about earlier.

"We're gathering everyone up front," Sango said. Kagome shot straight up. The other three looked at her.

"Something's here!" she said. The other three gave panicked expressions. "It's coming here! It's coming fast!" Kagome took off running towards the front of the house.

"Kagome, wait!" Inuyasha hollered after her and with two leaps, he had caught up to her. Running along side her he said, "I'm supposed to protect you, remember? Don't fight unless you have too!" She smiled at his concern. They arrived at the front and look around. Nothing. "Kagome were you sure?"

"It's not here, yet!" she said. "It's almost here!" Suddenly, a snakelike demon came flying down the street. "Everyone on watch! A demon is coming!" Everyone turned to look. The demon flew straight for Sango's house attacking whoever was there.

"Everyone move!" Inuyasha shouted. Everyone back up. "KAZE NO KIZU!" Inuyasha took one swing with his sword and the demon scattered into tiny pieces. Inuyasha returned his sword to his scabbard.

"No!!! Kohaku!" Sango screamed running to her little brother. He lay on the ground injured. To his left was another injured exterminator, to his right was an injured priest. "Kohaku, are you okay?" Sango knelt beside her brother. Kagome had already began pushing her way through the growing crowd that surrounded them. Inuyasha and Miroku shortly followed her. The three of them stood in shock looking at their injuries. Most of their wounds were fatal. Sango began to cry. Kohaku tried to speak to her through ragged breaths, but it was of no use.

"Rest, Kohaku. Use your strength to hang on not to speak," Sango said through her tears. She held onto his hand and kissed.

"No!" Kagome said. Inuyasha had never really met Sango's brother before. He had just spoken to him when he saw him, but had never really developed a bond with them like the others did. "This can't be happening!" Kagome said. She clenched her fists at her side. She walked slowly towards them. Miroku noticed Inuyasha sniffing the air.

"She smells different!" Inuyasha said to Miroku. Miroku gave him a confused look, but soon figured it out. Kagome placed a hand on Sango's shoulder. Sango felt something pure shoot through her.

"Kagome!" Sango said releasing Kohaku and grabbing Kagome's hand.

"What?" Kagome said startled. Kagome felt something running through her though she was quite sure what it was.

"You can help them!" Sango said pointing to them. Everyone heard what Sango had said and started whispering amongst themselves. Kagome felt it. She nodded. She knelt down beside Kohaku. Miroku placed an arm around Sango's shoulders to comfort her as they and Inuyasha watched. Kagome looked at Kohaku who looked weakly back at her. He had received fatal wounds to his shoulder, chest, and leg. She looked closer and saw two small death demons crawling over him. She looked up to see if anyone else could see them. She soon realized that she was the only one who could. She touched their foreheads and they vanished. She gasped. Inuyasha took a step forward, but Miroku held him back.

"Let her do it," he said gently. Inuyasha stepped back. `Come on, Kagome. You can do it!' he thought. Kohaku suddenly began to feel a little better. Kagome placed two fingers on his wounds. They suddenly became disinfected and began to heal right before everyone. Everyone gasped including Inuyasha. He noticed Kagome had started to strain a little. `This is taking a lot out of her!' he thought. Kagome took her fingers from the last wound panting hard.

"Kagome!" Inuyasha cried out. He ran to her and knelt by her side. He placed a hand on her shoulder. "Don't push yourself too hard. Take your time." She looked at him. His worried expression gave her an extra boost of energy. Kagome looked at Sango.

"That's all I can do for him," she said. "I will need herbs and medicines to heal him completely." Kagome had learned how to heal with herbs and medicines from her grandfather.

"S-Sango?" Kohaku said sitting up.

"Kohaku?" she said.

"No," Kagome said. "Kohaku, you mustn't sit up. You need to rest so your wounds can completely heal." Kohaku laid back down and Kagome looked up at Sango. "He's going to be okay, Sango." Kagome stood and moved to the next victim. Miroku and Sango ran over to Kohaku and knelt next to Inuyasha.

"His wounds are minor, now!" Miroku exclaimed examining Kohaku. "He would survive even without medicine!" Everyone gasped and looked at Kagome performing the same healing to the next victim who too began to heal to a minor injury.

"Kohaku!" Sango exclaimed hugging him. "How do you feel?"

"I feel fine," he said. "I'm in a little pain, but nothing major." Inuyasha, Sango, and Miroku exchanged shocked glances. Miroku's glance was more worried. Sango and Inuyasha looked at him.

"What is it?" Sango asked.

"She is practically bringing these people back from the dead," Miroku said to Inuyasha and Sango. "I don't care how powerful she is, no one's body can take much more of this!"

They watched as the second victim sat up and Kagome gave him the same lecture of how he needed to lay back down and rest.

"You're going to be just fine," she said and moved to the third victim. Inuyasha noticed Kagome's usual olive complexion was turning more and more pale. "I need someone to get these people so cold cloth and water!" Kagome said. Two priests scurried into Sango's house immediately. Kagome's face was now beaded with sweat. In the middle of healing the next victim, she had to stop. She braced herself with her hands and was panting like she couldn't breathe.

"Miroku, this has got to stop! Her body can't take much more of this!" Inuyasha said angrily. Miroku said nothing and just stared at Kagome.

"There's nothing we can do," he said. "That man is almost healed now. It's too late." `No!' Inuyasha thought. They watched as Kagome let out a final yell and collapsed into the man's lap.

"Kagome!!!!!!!!" Inuyasha shouted. He, Sango, and Miroku ran to her side. Inuyasha arrived first and lifted her off of the man.

"Someone get these men inside!" Sango instructed to everyone else. They all just sort of stood there with concern for Kagome.

"Is Lady Kagome going to be okay?" someone asked.

"She'll be fine," Sango instructed. "But you can help her more if you get these men inside safely." They agreed and soon the victims were being brought into Sango's house one by one. Sango turned to look at Kagome who was now in Inuyasha's arms. Inuyasha kept wiping her bangs and hair from her face.

"Kagome? Kagome?" he asked scared to death. Miroku and Sango saw his desperation. They looked at each other. "Kagome don't leave me! Please!" Tears started to fall down his face. Sango and Miroku were shocked. They had never seen Inuyasha cry. "Kagome, why do you have to be so damn unselfish??!!!!!!!" he shouted. Inuyasha started to breathe heavily and desperately. "Kagome?" He shook her a little trying to wake her up. Miroku got up and ran inside. Sango looked after him, but decided to stay with Inuyasha. "Kagome, come back! You're stronger than this! Kagome?" Sango rested a hand on his shoulder. Inuyasha did not shift his gaze from Kagome. Sango didn't really know what to say to him because she didn't know if she would be okay.

"Have her drink this!" Inuyasha and Sango looked up to see Miroku carrying a cup of some weird liquid. He handed the cup to Inuyasha and Inuyasha immediately began pouring it down her throat. He handed the empty cup back to Miroku and stared at her.

"What was that stuff?" Inuyasha asked him.

"It is a special medicine for priests and priestesses. We usually drink it when returning from a battle we used a lot of our powers in. It just helps us get over a hangover-like feeling," he said. "It's weak, but Kagome is very powerful and it should work on her." Inuyasha looked back at Kagome.

Inuyasha waited impatiently for something to happen. Kagome didn't move. "No," he said out loud. "This can't be happening! Not now! Kagome! Please, hang in there! You are not a weak woman!!! Answer me!" Sango hugged Miroku as she began to cry.

"Inu…yasha?" Kagome said opening her eyes slightly. Inuyasha eyes widened and trembled. He hugged her tight.

"Oh, thank God!!!" he said. He looked back down at her.

"Is everyone okay?" she asked. Inuyasha stood up with her in his arms.

"Thanks to you they are!" Sango said running up and hugging her friend. "You saved Kohaku, Kagome! He is going to okay. They are all going to be okay!" Sango's tears started to stream down her face. Kagome took a deep, ragged breath.

"Thank you Kagome!" Miroku said. "You saved everyone!" Her eyes began to open a little more. She nodded her head. "Let's get you inside." They all began walking towards Sango's front door. As they were walking, Kagome looked up and noticed Inuyasha's tear-stained cheeks. `Huh?' she thought. He looked down at her and smiled.

"Thank God you're okay!" he said looking at her. She smiled.

"Have you been crying?" Kagome asked. Inuyasha looked shocked.

"Uh…um…er…it's nothing!" he said turning his head straight ahead.

"You did cry for me," she said. Inuyasha said nothing and continued his gaze straight-ahead. Kagome gave up and nuzzled her head into his chest.

"I was scared," he said suddenly. "I thought I was going to lose you. I had always told myself that one day you would kill yourself helping others and I thought you had finally done it." She smiled at him and hugged him. He released a purr of contentment. When they finally got inside, he asked if she could stand.

"I'll try," she said. Miroku turned around to see her standing on her own two feet. Miroku's jaw dropped.

"Impossible!" he said under his breath.

"Hmm?" Sango said.

"Most people would be dead after that or at least severely injured and now she is standing?" Miroku said pointing to Kagome.

Sango smiled. "I guess Kagome is a lot more powerful than we had originally thought." She walked over to Kagome and hugged her.

"I'm so proud of you, Kagome," Sango said. Kagome and Inuyasha smiled. "Are you sure you are okay to stand?" Sango eyed her suspiciously.

"Oh, yeah! I feel a lot better. I'm a little dizzy, but other than that I feel fine," she said smiling.

"Are you sure, Kagome?" Inuyasha asked her with a look of concern. `Why is all concerned all of a sudden?' she thought.

"Everyone, I'm fine!" she blurted out. "I appreciate your concern for me though." She walked into the kitchen and soon return with a handful of herbs and medicines. "I'm going to go check up on the patients." She walked to the back bedrooms where the three men were being kept. Inuyasha watched her until she was out of sight. He shook his head.

"She just can't help it, can she?" Inuyasha asked. "She just can't help being more concerned about others than herself?" Sango and Miroku smiled.

"Not since I've known her," Sango said. "I remember one time she stayed up all night with me just because I had a cold!" The three of them laughed. "Kagome's always been like that Inuyasha. She is just too pure and good to think of herself. That's where all of her power comes from." Inuyasha looked in her direction.

"Sango, do think Kagome can really handle this battle?" he asked. Sango rested a hand on his shoulder.

"You don't need to worry about her Inuyasha. She'll be fine," Sango said. "Rest a little before the battle. That was one of the demon leader's spies. That means, they must be close. At least, you killed him before he could get word back to his leader. I think I'll go help Kagome." Sango turned and walked in the direction her friend had left.

"That was a spy?" asked Inuyasha. Miroku nodded his head.

"We've been in a battle similar to this before though not this extreme nor this dangerous," Miroku said. "It's war tactics. The enemy sends in spies to analyze their enemy…you know…see how powerful they are." Inuyasha raised an eyebrow.

"This isn't an ordinary war we are dealing with here, is it Miroku?" asked Inuyasha.

Miroku sighed. "No…I'm afraid not. This is the most dangerous battle this country has ever seen. Most of the battles that took place were directed towards specific targets…priests…exterminators. These demons are trying to take out the entire human race!" Inuyasha tensed. "They will attack us first (priest/priestesses and exterminators). Should they manage to kill all of us off, they will attack mankind. There will be no one left except demons." Inuyasha didn't like the sound of that. Miroku smiled. "I'm glad to have you on our side Inuyasha. Your powers are world-renowned. We are going to need your help desperately." Inuyasha just stood there taking everything he had just heard in. `Sango, Miroku, Kagome…they are all targets!' he thought. `I can't let anything happen to them.'