InuYasha Fan Fiction ❯ The Other ❯ Happy Awakening ( Chapter 1 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Chapter 1: Happy Awakening

Disclaimer: I do not own Inuyasha or any of the characters. I am just borrowing them ok! *shoots nervous glance at radioactive piggies*

"Kagome wait," Inuyasha started.

"Inuyasha SIT!" she yelled back before running off into the forest, blinded by tears. `Look at me,' she though to herself. `Crying over boy trouble when poor Miroku could die at any moment.' She laughed bitterly, before becoming very sad and hurt again. `Inuyasha doesn't need me now that his lovely Kikyo's back.' Kagome ran until she was too overcome with physical and emotional fatigue, and fell to the ground. She lay there just catching her breath, crying, and trying to gather herself.

How long she stayed there, to her it seemed hours but was actually just a few minutes, when she heard footsteps drawing nearer. `Oh God. Please don't be Inuyasha,' she thought. "Kagome?" a deep, soothing voice asked. `Not Inuyasha thank God,' she inwardly sighed. She stirred slightly when she felt strong arms embrace her and rub her back soothingly. Opening her eyes, she saw black and purple robes, and looking up she met the comforting, but worried eyes of Miroku. "Kagome, what's wrong? Miroku asked her, still rubbing her back consciously keeping on the upper part.

"Kagome's eyes swelled in tears as she told what she had seen. By the time she finished, she was resting on Miroku's chest crying, but also comforted by his warm embrace. "It's okay Kagome. Just go to sleep for now, and we'll worry about it in the morning," Miroku told her, before giving her a kiss on her forehead and resting back against a tree, listening to Kagome's even breathing and finally drifting off to sleep.

The next morning, Kagome awoke to a pair of strong arms around her and an unusually calm feeling. "I see that you awake," Miroku said softly. The second Kagome heard his voice, she jumped but also a warm and happy feeling erupted inside of her.

"Yeah," she said stretching as he released her. Miroku put an arm around her shoulder as they headed back to camp. "Thanks Miroku," Kagome muttered, resting her head on his shoulder. He just gave her a reassuring squeeze as they headed into their campsite.

"Kagome!" Shippo cried jumping into her open arms and snuggling into her chest.

"Good morning Shippo. Did you sleep well last night?" she asked the kitsune cub as Miroku sat down to make breakfast.

"Yeah, but I was worried about you. Where were you last night?" the cub innocently replied.

At this Kagome blushed and softly said, "Oh, me and Miroku slept a little way off." Inuyasha, who just entered camp, heard this and was quite shocked but didn't show it as he sat down next to Miroku. "Good morning Inuyasha," Kagome said happilt as she sat rather close to Miroku.

Hearing Kagome's happy tone, the hanyou's spirit rose. "Hey," he muttered back, but he couldn't help feeling a little uncomfortable at how close she was sitting with Miroku.

"Well, breakfast is ready now," Miroku said, handing them each a bowl of soup.

"Oh, I need to go back to my time for a little while," Kagome said after they finished.

"But why Kagome?" Shippo asked sadly, with big, bright eyes.

"Don't worry Shippo. I'll be back soon. I just need to get more supplies and study for a test," Kagome replied. "I'll be back in a few days." So, they all headed off to the Bone Eater's well. Kagome gave the kitsune an affectionate hug, before jumping down into the magical well. "Mom! I'm home!" Kagome called.

"Hello dear," Mrs. Higurashi said giving her daughter a hug.

"Kagome sprinted up the stairs and dropped her bag in her room. "I'll just take a nice bath first," she said to herself, grabbing her towel and heading to the bathroom. "Aaah," she sighed, slipping into the hot water. Twenty minutes later, Kagome was fast asleep in her nice, soft bed.

A/N" Hey! Woo! Chapter one done! Augh! This was such a pain to write! Well, a lil Kagome n Miroku fluff. Humm….im thinking of keeping this a Miroku/Kagome fic, but I might have a twist at the end. If you guys want that is….well, this is my first fic on a site, so I would like to know what you thought of it. Flames, praise, anything accepted. I'll try n update tom. Or next weekend ok! But please, if you got any advice or w/e feel free to tell me! *chews on Wonder Ball and waves good bye*