InuYasha Fan Fiction ❯ The princess and the commoner ❯ Into the market ( Chapter 2 )

[ A - All Readers ]

Kagome woke up early in the morning. She then goes to the chef's kitchen and gets some cookies and pudding. While walking and eating up back to her room she decides to go into the market. “What if I get caught? Oh well doesn't matter, I'm going no matter what, I need to get out.” Once Kagome reaches her room she is all done with the cookies and pudding so she gets on her not so dazaling dress and cloak with a hood and tiptoes back down the steps of the towerr, trying to hide from anyone who will ask where she would be going. She finally reaches the corridors and Sango one of her maids, more like a friend sneaks up behind her. Kagome screams “What are you doing, trying to scare me like that?” “Oh I'm sorry your heiness.” Sango said sarcastically. “DON'T CALL ME THAT!” “Sorry, anyway where are you headed to?” “The market.” “But you're not aloud down there” “It's not like you don't break the rules, being in love with Chef Miroku.” “Shut up about that! well I'll try to cover for you but don't be sorry when you get caught.” “Don't jinx me.” “I'm not.” They both laugh and walk towards the gates. Sango slowly opens the big black sharp gates and lets Kagome out. “Be careful.” “I will.”
 
 
 
Kagome runs towards the market. She slows down her pace once she couldn't see the castle anymore. She stops at a few places and buys some sweets and other nicnaks. While she's doing so no one knows or suspects she's the princess.
“Hey Inuyasha look over there, isn't that the most beautiful thing you had ever seen in your life?” Koga said trying to get his attention. “Too bad I can't have her. If I didn't have Ayame then she would've been mine already but oh well.” Ayame comes up behind him and smacks him in the back of his head. “You ass!” She yells. Inuyasha wasn't even paying any attention to what Kouga was saying, just staring at the girl walking by and doing her thing. “Have I seen her somewhere before? Maybe when I was little. I can't recall” Inuyasha asks himself. A few minutes have passed. “Inuyasha hello…hello?” Kouga trying to get his attention, waving his hands in front of his face. Finally smacks him on the head. Inuyasha finally snaps back to reality. “We gotta get back to work.” Koga said. “What yeah sorry, be right there.”
 
 
After Kagome was done she turned around and walked back towards the castle. Inuyasha sees her walk by his shop. “Hey Kouga I'll be right back” “You better hurry!”
Inuyasha runs off towards Kagome secretly following her. While Kagome was crossing the road on the outskirts of the market where no one would be, she closes her eyes and humms a song to herself. She did not hear or notice the horses coming towards her. The driver tells her to get out of the way. She gasps with her widened eyes open and just stands there. Inuyasha already running towards pushes her out of the way. The driver stops the horses in the place where she was standing. “I'm sorry Miss the horses would not stop.” “Oh it's alright” she says. The driver whips the horse's reins and trail off.
“Are you okay miss?” Inuyasha asks while helping her off the ground. “Oh yeah I'm fine” Kagome says with her head down. She then lifts her head up and her hood falls off. Inuyasha just stares at her. Kagome gasps. “I remember now it wasn't just a dream! This did happen before, but I was extremely younger about six or seven.” “What are you talking about princess?” “Please don't call me that, just call me Kagome.” “Alrighty then” “What I'm talking about is that I remember being in the way of a horse and carriage almost getting ran over, and a boy around my own age, who similarly looks like yourself, pushes me out of the way and saves my life.” “Well that boy seems to be a hero to save you.” “Well now I wish I did get hit by that carriage” “Why would you say such sort of thing!?” “Because my life is miserable.” “But you're the princess!” “Being the princess is not all that special, the reality is far much different than people realize.” “Why so?” “Because one I have to do everything that I'm told to do, two I never have any free time to myself unless late at night, three I can't decide for myself, and four my mother the queen has set me up for an arranged marriage with the prince of the kingdom in the land of the west so I can become queen, when I'm only sixteen and not even ready” Kagome says furious. “Well I see, if I was in your situation I would hate it too because that's just a bunch of rubbish, having to do stuff that you don't like or want to do, you should have your own free power to do what you want when you want, instead of people telling you what to do every second.” Inuyasha says. “At least you understand, I mean what's so special about being royal anyway! Just because we have more money than others!” Kagome yells at the sky. “I guess so” Inuyasha says. They both look into each other's eyes. “Can this guy really be the one who saved me once before” Kagome thinks.
“I can't believe I'm speaking so comfortably with the princess.” Inuyasha thinks.
 
“So where are you headed to?”Inuyasha asks. “Back to the castle.” “Would you like me to escort you there, because you're heading the wrong way?” Inuyasha asks. “Oh really I am, okay then, thanks.” They head towards the castle which is the opposite direction where Kagome was walking. “So what's your name?” Kagome asks.
“Inuyasha.” Kagome stops in her tracks with her mouth open and her widened eyes. “He is the one who saved me, he is he has to be!” “What is it?” Inuyasha asks. “What's your last name?” “Takahashi….why?” “YOU ARE THE ONE WHO SAVED ME BEFORE I KNEW IT I KNEW IT!” “What?” “You're the one who saved me when I was little.” Inuyasha finally realizes that he did save the princess when they were young. “I do remember now!” Inuyasha says happily. After that they start walking again.
 
“Why do you have a bandana on your head, I even remember back then you had on your head?” Kagome asks. “Oh it's nothing, it's just something to cover up my….” Inuyasha stops in his tracks. “Well?” Inuyasha takes the bandana off his head. “To cover up these.” Kagome looks up and gasps. “You're a demon!” “And that's why I wear it all the time, so people won't get scared of me” “I'm not scared, shocked yes, but not scared, I think it's adorable!” “You're serious?!” “I wanna touch them!” “Go right ahead.” “Wow there so soft, I wish I had ears like that.” They start walking and talking again. “So you're a demon I see.” “Well only half, my mother is human.” “Oh I wish I can meet them.” “Well you see, they both died in a fire and now I live with my evil older brother” “Oh I'm so sorry please forgive me I didn't know!” “It's okay, it's okay, don't worry.”
 
After all the talking they did they finally reached the castle gates. “Well it was nice meeting you again Inuyasha.” “You too Kagome.” Kagome opens the gate, but before she goes inside she turns around and gives Inuyasha a kiss on the cheek. “Thank you.” And she walks in the gaits and closes it. “I hope I can see you again someday.” “Yeah me too” Inuyasha says turning around. They both look back “Good bye” They both said and walked away.