InuYasha Fan Fiction ❯ The Princess ❯ Introduction To My Fantasy ( Prologue )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

The Princess
Introductions To My Fantasy
It was an average sunny day in the Higurashi palace, were the king and queen where talking to their daughter and heir to the throne princess Kagome. King Koji Higurashi of the North was a great ruler and loved his people and daughter dearly. The Queen on the other hand was a different story. Queen Mika Higurashi was a terrible person and selfish beyond comparison. Although she was the Queen she wasn't Kagome's mother (which Kagome was thankful) bu7t step-mother because the later Queen died because of an unknown illness years before.
(((…Flash Back 11years…)))
A five year old Kagome was at the beside of her dying mother Midoriko.
“Daughter never forget who you are and what you where born to do.” Said the Queen almost out of breathe.
“What is my duty mama?” Asked Kagome with tears freely flowing down her face.
“Look after your father and people, but above all remember you hold a great power past down generations of Higurashi women for hundreds of years.” Queen Midoriko said slipping out of consciousness.
“What?” Kagome asked her mother with a confused and surprised look on her face.
“Continue our legacy my daughter, l love you.” Where the Queen last words to her only daughter before she died.
(((…End Of Flashback…)))
Back to the present the King was lecturing his daughter about she should marry since she is of age to wed.
“Daughter why do you not choose a suitor?” The King asked looking very frustrated.
“Father l do not love the people you chose for me.” Kagome told her father in an upset tone.
“Daughter we have been through this time and time again, if you do not chose l husband soon l fear you will have no on to care for you after l am gone.”
“Dearest husband, do you not see how much dear Kagome does not wish to marry?” The Queen said kindly. To kindly for Kagome's liking, `maybe her step-mother was starting to like her?' Thought Kagome
“But you are right dear husband she does need to marry soon.” The Queen continued her ranting.
`There goes that idea' Kagome thought again about her step-mothers change in character.
“Father” Kagome started, “l will marry but only for love but how can l do that if you chose someone for me?”
“I am sorry Kagome but l have decided, you will marry King Naraku of the South 2 weeks from now.” The Koji told his daughter with a sad look on his face and regret his voice.
“But he only likes me for my looks and our wealth.” Kagome nearly screams at her father crying like she had just been betrayed.
But it was true Kagome was indeed beautiful just like her departed mother Midoriko. She had long shiny black hair just a little past her shoulders, a small form and face and beautiful chocolate brown eyes anyone could get lost in. The similarity between the mother and daughter was identical in both spirit and form you couldn't tell where the King fitted into this Angel.
“Father please!” The Princess shouted at her father.
“No Kagome!” He yelled back at his daughter, “This is final you have a duty to your country and marrying Naraku will help our people.”
“Please! Father is l find someone to love in those 2 weeks will you call off the wedding?” She begged her father afraid she would not hold back the dam that was threatening to come out.
“Alright, l will give you that but if you do not find someone to love you will marry Naraku at sunset in fourteen days. Do l make myself clear” The King agreed with his daughter, hating to see her so upset.
“Yes father, thank you.” Kagome almost smiled to her King and father.
“Goodnight Kagome.” The Queen said sternly looking at her step-daughter with disgust.
Taking that as her order to leave, Kagome ran out of the great hall in a desperate act to get away from the father she thought loved her.
`This is my duty and l made a promise to my mother.' Kagome thought with a sad smile on her face on her way back to her chambers to retire for the night.
(((…In The South Naraku's Palace…)))
King Naraku sat on his throne reading the letter from the King of the North. King Higurashi.
Dear King Naraku,
I am pleased to tell you that my daughter Kagome has agreed to your offer of marriage and will wed at your castle in 2 weeks time. The details of the marriage will be discussed upon our arrival at your castle. Until then Kagome will be taught of the customs and laws of your kingdom. If you have and enquiries, please do not hesitate to send me a message.
With respect,
King Koji Higurashi
`Dumb fool' Naraku thought to himself looking at the letter in his hands with an amused smirk on his face.
`Dear Princess Kagome so innocent and young. Excellent.'
A loud menacing laugh could be heard through the palace and surrounding gardens. Servants running around like headless chickens trying to run away from where the laugh came from in fear of there lives. Naraku was not a good king and greatly feared by all of his servants and commoners in his kingdom and castle. Naraku had only one enemy which he had lost a battle and father to years back. Since that day he has tried many times to stop the reign of the great Dog Taiyoukai Inu-Taisho of the West and his son Sesshomaru.
(((…The Palace of Inu-Taisho…)))
Inu-Taisho had two sons Sesshomaru the oldest and Inuyasha. Sesshomaru was the heir to the throne and had an icy heart. Although he was emotionless that didn't mean he had to be ugly. Sesshomaru was far from ugly, he had great structure, long silver hair to his waist, on his face where two purple claw marks on each cheek and on his fur-head he had a crescent moon signaling he was the heir to the west. If you looked at the Prince he would look feminine but always had an emotionless mask. The only sign of feeling was in the golden beauty of his eyes.
Inuyasha was the youngest son of Inu-Taisho and showed all of his emotions like his father when with Inuyasha's mother. Inuyasha was well muscled, light brown tanned skin, long claws on his hands and feet for nails, fangs and instead of human ears on the side of his head he had two fury triangular dog ears on the top of his head. His mother thought they where the cutest thing but because of his ears he was rejected by both human and demons because they told everyone he was a hanyou. Half-breed. Monster. Disgrace that should have been killed at birth, but being son of Inu-Taisho everybody changed there minds but never excepted him as a person.
((((At the palace in the ballroom…))))
“Sesshomaru, Inuyasha” boomed the voice of King Inu-Taisho “King Higurashi has invited to his 48th birthday this weekend at l expect you to attend!”
“But Dad!” whined Inuyasha
“No buts Inuyasha!” Was the king's reply.
“As you wish father.” Announced Sesshomaru with his emotionless mask on his face, standing in between his little brother and father.
“Keh!” Was Inuyasha's trademark reply with his hands folded over his chest turning his head to the side with a frown on his face.
“You Highness!” Came Jaken's squeaky voice while he ran into the ballroom with a message from the guards.
“Yes Jaken, what is it?” Was all the King said looking bored at the small green toad demon that has been his personal servant since his father bought him from the village market for his birthday. 'l can't believe my own father gave me a toad for my 12th birthday' In-Taisho thought to himself.
“The carriage is ready for you my lord.” Jaken managed to say out of breath from running so far.
Without another word Inu-Taisho stood up and motioned for his son's to follow him the carriages without another glance or word to the unconscious Jaken on the floor.