InuYasha Fan Fiction ❯ The Random Place ❯ Sporks!!!!! ( Chapter 9 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]
"What is it?"
"Dunno."
Inuyasha held up the object in question. "Wonder what it does." Frowning, Miroku took it from the hanyu and held it up to his eyes. "It seems too flimsy to be too important, yet Kagome has many of them." Inuyasha nodded, grabbing the small box between them.

"They all look the same." Miroku blinked. "Really?" Upending the box, they watched as the many strange white objects fell out onto the grass. Miroku sifted through them. "They're all exactly the same!"

Inuyasha frowned. "You think they're some weird kind of food?" Before Miroku could come up with an answer, the hanyu grabbed a couple and began nawing on them.

"Well? Are they edible?" Inuyasha made a face and spat them out.
"Hell no, they taste like crap!"
"Then I guess we rule out 'food' on the list of things they could be."
Wiping the flecks of Inuyasha's spit from his face as he said this, Miroku contemplated the strange objects before them.

"Perhaps they are some form of futuristic miko device." Inuyasha scoffed. "Oh yea, that's real believable. More likely they're some weird kind of weapon. You know how humans love to kill each other."

Picking one up, Miroku examined it a moment before calmy stabbing it into Inuyasha's arm. "Ow! What the hell did you do that for ya stupid monk?!" Miroku simply watched Inuyasha's reaction thoughtfully. "You know Inuyasha, I think you're right."

Said hanyu stared at him blankly. "Perhaps they are weapons, judging by your reaction." Inuyasha scoffed. "Alright then monk, let's see how you like getting stabbed with one of these weird ass white things." Grabbing one of the offending objects, Inuyasha held it before him like a sword.

Eyeing up the "weapon" in Inuyasha's grasp, he smirked. "Come now Inuyasha, do you really think you can win?" Smirking, Inuyasha lunged.

~+~

Not long after, a very exasperated miko was trying vanely to explain to them what their so called weapons really were. "They're called sporks guys! People use them to eat with, not to kill each other!" Inuyasha and Miroku blinked at her. "Sporks?" They asked confusedly. "Yes sporks! Not swords, sporks! S. P. O. R. K. S. Sporks!"

They looked at each other, noting the various cuts they'd sustained to their faces and hands. "They sure look like weapons to me Kagome." Rolling her eyes, she wrenched said "weapons" from their hands and went about stuffing the pile of sporks angerly back into their box. "Geeze Kagome, lighten up! It's not my fault you humans are weird."

Stopping what she was doing, she turned slowly to glare at the hanyu. "Weird huh?" Inuayasha raised an eyebrow at her. Smiling evily, she threw the box of sporks at Inuyasha. "What the hell woman?!"






Kagome's smirk grew wider as she eyed the now re-spilled sporks through slitted eyes. "Inuyasha, sit!" With a yelp he was thrown face first into the ground. The ground covered with sporks.

"Ah!" Inuaysha lept up, hands flailing widely. "Get 'em off me!" Miroku burst out laughing. Inuyasha had at least a dozen sporks sticking out of his face, making him look like some kind of demented porcupine.

Kagome, restraining her laughter, got up. "Sorry Inuyasha, you know I don't like handling 'weapons' if I can help it." Laughing, she walked away to Inuyasha's shrieks of "getemoffgetemoffgetemoff!"