InuYasha Fan Fiction ❯ The Real Me ❯ I have to WHAT? ( Chapter 7 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]
A/N: ^^ Just wanted to say a big thank you to everyone who has reviewed so far. Oh and just a little warning, there’s going to be a lot more swearing in here.

Kagome15: thanks for your review. I’ll try to make my chapters longer ^^
Lemonskittles: lol. Hehehe. I’m evil aren’t I? Leaving you all at a cliffie

Disclaimer: *sigh* Why do I even bother??? (lol) Inuyasha belongs to Rumiko Takahashi


***Chapter 7***

“Oh. How rude of me. I forgot to introduce myself,” said the boy, laughing slightly. He had a boyish face with brown hair and eyes and was quite tall by the looks of it. He held out a hand, “I’m Hojo. Nice to meet you. [[A/n: haha. Bet you didn’t see that one coming lol]] And you are…?” Kagome smiled. He seems nice enough. But he looks so familiar….I’m pretty sure I haven’t seen him at school before? “Kagome. Kagome Higarashi” she said, returning the handshake. Before she could ask him any more someone interrupted.

“Ah. Hojo. You’re here. How was the plane trip” came a voice from the doorway. Peeking through her bangs, which had escaped the clips Kagome tilted her head slightly, confused. Plane trip? What in the world is going on here? Dr. Ohjiro chuckled. “This lad here is my son. He just transferred schools here from America” Dr. Ohjiro’s son. She glanced quickly at Hojo who grinned sheepishly. “You went to school in America?” she asked, timidly. “Yeah. But I wanted to finish high school here so I can go to uni here in Japan”. “Oh”

“Ahem. Sorry to interrupt your little conversation” said Dr. Ohjiro, plainly amused as both faces went red. “But I have to speak with Ms. Higarashi here about some…important matters” Face still red, Hojo complied and left the room in a hurry, embarrassed that his father had just caught him hitting on his patient. Dr. Ohjiro sighed, smiling as his son left the room. “Funny lad. He’s changed since I last saw him” Kagome, still embarrassed, began fidgeting with the pencil in her hand. “Um. Dr. Ohjiro. Do you know where my glasses are? I seem to have misplaced them,” she added, just to be polite.

“Ah yes. About your glasses. Well, when you fainted, you erm sort of…” Dr. Ohjiro began, taking out her glasses from his pocket. “broke them” Kagome was speechless. You have got to be kidding. I can’t see without them and I can’t afford to buy new ones. Seeing Kagome immediately tense in worry, Dr. Ohjiro laughed. “Don’t worry Ms. Higarashi. I’ve got it all covered” He handed her small package. “I don’t have any glasses here but I do have some contact lenses which you can have since I have no use for them”

Kagome was stunned and immediately tried to give them back. “Oh no. I can’t accept these sir” Dr. Ohjiro laughed and pushed them back to her. “Oh yes you can. I have no need for them and they’d just be a waste here. Besides, they won’t break so if you faint again…which you’d better not” he added in a stern voice. “You don’t have to replace them” Kagome smiled at him, surprised but grateful. “Thank you sir. You don’t know how much this means to me. I’ll pay you back someday” He laughed and dismissed that with a flick of his hand. “Don’t you worry about that”

Kagome was silent as she put the contact lenses in her eyes and blinked a few times to get used to them. She then gathered up courage to ask, “Why are you being so nice to me sir? I’m not trying to be rude or anything” she added hastily, afraid she might have offended the man who she had come to respect as a father. “I’m just a bit curious. That’s all”. “Like I’ve said, you remind me of a little girl I used to know. But anyway, shouldn’t you be getting to maths now. School’s almost over” Oh crap. I almost forgot about that. Kagome bolted out of the bed, almost knocking the lamp over in her panic. Luckily she had fast reflexes and caught it just before it hit the floor. “Oops. Sorry. I completely forgot about that. Thank you very much sir,” she added before she grabbed her stuff and raced towards the door.

“Oh and another thing Kagome” called out Dr. Ohjiro. Kagome skidded along the floor, trying to stop herself, almost colliding with the wall. “Don’t forget to eat properly. I can’t have you in here all the time” She smiled. “I will sir” She bowed politely and rushed out, just as the bell went for the end of school. After all these years, I’ve finally found her. I wonder how Inada is doing now. “Drat” Dr. Ohjiro cursed to himself as he remembered something important he forgot to ask her. “I forgot to ask how her father is”

Kagome panted slightly as she raced down the hallway, determined not to be late. She felt so refreshed after eating lunch and at the moment, was sprinting down the hallway as if there was no tomorrow. “What’s up with her?” whispered someone. “Looks like someone had too much caffeine” If only they knew she thought as she skidded to a stop outside the classroom, frowning as she heard yelling inside. What on earth is going on in here? She thought, pressing her ear up against the door, which was currently closed.

“WHAT! I am NOT getting bloody tutored after school just for your stinkin’ class” yelled an enraged voice which sounded a lot like Inuyasha’s. Someone, who Kagome was positive, was the teacher, answered in a much more quieter and controlled voice that Kagome had to press her ear further in to hear what he was saying. Even then, all she heard was a whole lot of gibberish that she could not make out. “You gotta be kidding me. I am NOT failing maths,” yelled Inuyasha. Damn it. I can’t hear a thing. Not noticing that she was now leaning against the door, she screamed when the door suddenly opened, making her fall to the ground. “Eeep!” Both heads, one grey and the other silver, turned to stare at the third person who had decided to join the conversation. “Ow” said Kagome, red in the face from embarrassment and pain. “That hurt” she said while rubbing her sore behind and dusting her uniform off.

“Ah. Ms. Higarashi. How nice of you to join us. I see you are feeling better,” said Mr. Myouga, trying to sound mad but failed miserably. Inuyasha just merely smirked. “Falling for me now, are you?” he asked, grinning arrogantly. “Jerk. You wish” Kagome muttered under her breath as she stood up, still blushing from her clumsiness. “I heard that you know” he replied. Whoah. She’s pretty hot without those gay glasses on. Seeing his intent stare on her face, she self-consciously rubbed the imaginary speck of dirt off and glared at him. “What do you think you’re looking at?”

“Ahem” Mr. Myouga cleared his throat. He was just in time too for the two of them were having a rather intense staring competition. Stupid jerk. Just cause he’s popular doesn’t mean everyone’s in love with him cause I’m sure not, thought Kagome to herself as she glared at the smirking hanyou. Stupid wench. Just cause you don’t have glasses on doesn’t make you hot at all. You’re just as ugly as before, thought Inuyasha glaring back, though deep down, he knew he was just lying to himself. “Can you two just listen to me before you start killing each other” said Mr. Myouga in a louder and annoyed voice.

Kagome was the first to break off the stare. “I’m sorry for being so rude sir” she said, bowing in politeness and apology. “Oh. I’m sorry for being so rude sir” imitated Inuyasha in a high-pitched voice. “Y-You…big….”, said Kagome, stuttering in her anger. “Meanie!” she finally ended, yelling out first word that came to her head. Inuyasha raised an eyebrow. “Is that the best insult you can come up with, Higarashi? He shook his head and sighed. “What a let down. And here I thought the nerd of the school had a big vocabulary. I guess not”

“SILENCE!” yelled Mr. Myouga, extremely frustrated with the two of them now. They stopped fighting, but hmphed and continued glaring at one another. “I hope you will learn to get along soon because the two of you are going to be spending a lot of time with each other” He frowned as both Kagome and Inuyasha started complaining. “WHAT! Me with him?!?” “WHAT! Me and her?!?” said the two of them at the exact same time.

“Like I was saying to you before Mr. Takashi. Your maths grades are dropping terribly and if you don’t get your act up young man,” he said as Inuyasha opened his mouth to complain. “You will fail year twelve. Now you don’t want to repeat do you?” “Hell no!” yelled Inuyasha, shocked and enraged at even the thought of another year at school. “Then there you go” “Who gives a damn about maths. My father…”. “Even if your father does own half of Tokyo, he still can’t make you pass this year. So it’s your choice Inuyasha” Though bribery might work, thought the teacher greedily.

“Keh. Fine I’ll do it. But I am not letting her tutor me” said Inuyasha, pointing a clawed finger at Kagome as if she an alien or something. Like I’d want to tutor a dumbass like you anyway thought Kagome. “Well. Since Ms. Higarashi is the top student of the school” Kagome blushed at the comment. “Then it’s only common sense to let her tutor you. No one else can help you get the grades you need to pass” Mr. Myouga finished. “But if you want to repeat the year then…” and his voice trailed off. “Ok. Ok. I’ll do it,” said an exasperated Inuyasha after a moments pause. Kagome sighed in dejection. She was expecting him to decline the offer. If she had been someone else then she would have complained but she was not the type of person to ignore a person who needed help

“That’s good to hear. And Ms. Higarashi. I trust that you will tutor Mr. Takashi and keep up to date with your own work as well” Kagome nodded, still unhappy at the thought of having to teach such an arrogant bastard like Inuyasha. “Ok. You are both dismissed. You may work out the times to meet after school by yourselves. But” Mr Myouga added sternly. “I trust you will work them out in a c.i.v.i.l.i.s.e.d manner” he added, emphasising the word civilised. “I will sir” said Kagome, glaring daggers at the hanyou beside her. “Keh. Whatever old man” said Inuyasha, ducking to avoid a well-aimed piece of chalk that missed his head by a mere few milimetres. “Ok now. Shoo. Go on. Get out of here. I have to get home too you know” said Mr. Myouga, pushing the arguing pair out. I wonder if this was such a smart thing to do? Oh well. They’ll work it out….I hope.

Outside the classroom, Kagome and Inuyasha glared at each other before Kagome sighed. “Look. I don’t want to do this either but let’s just try to get this over and done with, okay?” Inuyasha stared at her for a moment. “Keh. Whatever” “Well, when do you want to meet? Does five sound okay to you? She asked, hoping he wouldn’t ask any questions. Unfortunately, it appeared that luck wasn’t with her. “Keh. I guess that’s ok with me. But why so late?” Kagome tensed, before replying nervously. “Well…you see….erm…I’m a little….um…busy after school….because….because…I…I have dance lessons” she said, smiling what she hoped was a genuine smile. Inuyasha frowned. He could smell that she was lying from her scent but decided not to go further into it. “Keh. Whatever” he said, turning around to leave.

Before he left though, she stopped him by grabbing his shirt. “What the hell do you want wench?” he said gruffly though his heart stopped for a second. Kagome glared at him before rubbing her temples in an attempt to calm herself down. “I just want to know where you want to meet. Your place or mine?” she asked. He frowned, eyebrows drawn together as if he was in deep thought, before replying. “Mine” He brought his hand up to grab a piece of paper out of his bag but frowned when Kagome jumped back. “W-What do you think you’re doing?” she asked, shaking in fear and at the same time, giving him a look that clearly said she thought he was a pervert “Geez woman. I’m not Miroku” He congratulated himself inwardly when she smiled slightly at his remark. Damn she’s cute when she smiles. “I’m getting paper to write down my address. You don’t know where I live now do you” “Oh” She watched as he ripped a page out of his maths book and scribbled something down before tossing it to her. Without a good-bye or another word to her, he turned around and left.

Maybe he’s not as bad as I thought. Maybe. Just maybe we could be friends, Kagome thought as she watched his retreating back. Her eyes widened as she saw a limo pull up outside the school. Inuyasha smirked, knowing that she was watching him. “Hey wench. Don’t be late” he called out, smirking as he watched her infuriated face. Or maybe not, she thought as she watched the limo drive off. “Stupid, insensitive asshole” she said, looking up at the clock on the wall. Oh crap. I’m going to be late picking up Souta. With that, she raced out the front doors of the school in the direction of Souta’s school, cursing Inuyasha non-stop under her breath. How am I ever going to last through this year….she thought to herself as she sprinted down the road. Curse you Inuyasha….stupid baka….


***End of Chapter 7***


A/N: Finally finished Chapter 7. Hopefully it’s a longer than my previous ones but if it isn’t then I’m sorry. I tried. Honest ^^

Well, please review and tell me what you thought about it.

Kawaii_becky: lol. Sorry, I already wrote half the chapter before I read your comment. Don’t worry, this is going to be an inu/kag story. I’m not too big a fan of Hojo either and yes, I agree. He is dense.


Thanks ~ Michelle