InuYasha Fan Fiction ❯ The Real Me ❯ New Faces ( Chapter 6 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]
A/N: O.o More reviews!!!! Yay! Thankies to everyone who has reviewed so far!!!!

Inu_is_da_best: Thanks for your comment and oops, I did make it sound like she had an eating problem didn’t I? Hopefully, I’ll fix that in this chapter. Guess I sorta overdid the emphasis on her ‘poorness’. But anyway, thanks for your opinion

And also a big thank you to: dbzgurl_34, lemonskittles, inu_kagforever, Calera, kawaii becky, raven rocks ~ for being the first people to review. I’m sorry if I’ve missed anyone

Disclaimer: I don’t own Inuyasha. Rumiko Takahashi does


***Chapter 6***

“Hey. Wake up” Kagome groaned and very slowly opened one eye. All she could see was the blur of someone’s face leaning over. Disregarding it, she closed her eyes back again and sighed, trying to swat away the annoying figure that kept on calling her name. She missed and hit thin air. Wait a minute. Where am I? Her eyes flew open again and darted around, meeting up with amber ones. What the. Why is Inuyasha here? Kagome groaned, trying to sit up and blushed in embarrassment as her stomach growled in hunger. “Finally awake are ya?” said Inuyasha, his tone reflecting the amusement in his eyes. “Geez. You sleep like a pig”

Well thanks a bunch, Kagome thought to herself as she stared back down at her hands. There was an awkward silence that followed and in that time, Kagome gathered up her courage to talk. “W-Where am I?” she asked softly, yawning lightly at the same time. “Keh. Sick bay. You fainted in maths”. “Oh…I WHAT?!?” To her utter embarrassment, Inuyasha began to laugh. “For someone who doesn’t talk much, you’re pretty loud when you do” Kagome was not amused and glared at him, her temper taking over though her lips could not form any words to say.

Seeing everything start to blur again, Kagome blinked and rubbed her eyes, trying to clear them. The faded images of the room began to clear up again though they still remained slightly fuzzy. That was the instant she noticed that she wasn’t wearing her glasses. As if he could read her thoughts, Inuyasha opened his mouth to answer her question but quickly shut it again when the door swung open to reveal a middle aged man. “Ah. I see our young patient is awake now,” said the newcomer. “You may leave now Mr. Takashi” Inuyasha shrugged. “Keh. Whatever. Oh and Higarashi, the maths teacher wants to see you after school” Kagome nodded and paused for a few seconds before muttering, more for herself to hear than anyone else. “Thank you”

Inuyasha smiled, having heard her with his demon enhanced ears. Before he left though he turned back and threw something at her. Kagome realised it was her art book and after much fumbling, to her embarrassment, she finally secured the book in her hands. How did he get this? Oh my gosh, I hope he didn’t look through it. As if reading her thoughts Inuyasha grinned, rather arrogantly, and replied. “Not too bad if I say so myself” And with that, he walked out, leaving Kagome speechless in horror and embarrassment. Oh great. Now he knows that I drew him.

“Ahem” Kagome looked up from her shocked state. “Um. Who are you?” she finally asked, staring at the strange man who was standing beside her bed. He smiled. “I’m the school doctor. You may call me Dr. Ohjiro” Kagome blinked once. The twice. “Oh” was all she could say before her stomach growled in complaint of having been deprived food. The doctor frowned. “I see someone has not been eating well enough,” he said, disapprovingly. It shocked him to see such a nice girl starve herself like that.

“Is this some kind of crazy diet that you teens are going through? Dr. Ohjiro sighed. “Kids these days. All I see around this school are walking twigs” Kagome was quiet for a moment as she had an inner argument with herself on whether or not she should tell him the truth. Maybe, it’s time to tell someone the truth. “W-Well, you see…um…” Kagome’s voice trailed off. “Please continue” said the doctor, in an understanding voice. “My…er…. family is sort of having a…little money problem…right now” Well, it was the half of the truth. He didn’t have to know everything.

Kagome glanced at the doctor who was quiet as if he was deep in thought. “I see” he finally said. He had a feeling that this girl wasn’t telling the whole truth but then again, he wasn’t the type of person who forced people to do something. “I’ll see what I can do about it. Meanwhile you just stay here. Sakura will be here any minute now with your lunch. She’s the school nurse” he added as he saw Kagome’s puzzled expression. As he turned to leave Kagome stopped him. “No. Wait sir. I’m fine now. I don’t want to be a bother” she began, wringing her hands together nervously. “It’s no bother dear. You just remind me of someone I knew a long time ago”. “Oh. If you don’t mind me asking. Who is it that you’re talking about? “ Kagome asked quietly, not expecting an answer. The doctor was quiet for some time. “She was the daughter of my best friend”

Seeing the doctor’s sad expression, Kagome hastily apologised, rather shocked at herself for being so nosy. “I’m sorry sir. I didn’t mean to pry into your life” Dr. Ohjiro shook his head. “No matter dear. It was a long time ago anyway” He smiled before heading out, closing the door quietly. Kagome sighed, rubbing her eyes which were currently bothering her a lot. Damn. I forgot to ask him where my glasses were. She dropped her hand and yelped as it came in contact with something hard. It was her art book. “Oh. I almost forgot about that” As she reached over to put the book on the table next to her something fell out. Huh? What’s this. An envelope. Bewildered but curious, she opened it up and began to read:

############################################################ #####################

Kagome,

This is your art book. You dropped it when you ran out.

Inuyasha

p.s. your drawings are amazing

########################################################################### ######

She smiled, as she reread over the messy scrawl that was Inuyasha’s handwriting. Maybe I’ve misjudged him. He isn’t so bad after all. He’s actually quite nice. For the millionth time that day, Kagome found herself being interrupted from her thoughts as a middle aged lady came in carrying a tray. “Hi there. I’m Sakura. I’m the school nurse” Hearing Kagome’s stomach growl she smiled. “I’m sorry, you must be starving and here I am talking. Silly me. Here you go”. “T-Thank you” Kagome said gratefully as the nurse set the tray down next to her. “Well, enjoy. I have to leave now but I’ll be back to collect your tray later so eat up” Kagome smiled, her first real smile for the whole day. Even though the day started off bad, she had never expected to talk so much at school. Boy this year is going to be weird she thought as she dug in hungrily into her late lunch.

It was ten minutes later when she heard Dr. Ohjiro’s footsteps down the hall and by then, the bell had gone for period 6, the last period for the day. Kagome had already finished her lunch. Well almost finished since she had kept some for her brother. She was sketching the vase of flowers that hung over her bed when she heard someone’s voice. “Wow. That’s amazing” She looked up, startled and found herself staring into the face of a boy. “Thank you…but…who are you?…”


***End of Chapter 6***


A/N: Ooh. Who is it? Any guesses who (lol). Well you’ll have to read the next chapter to find out. Mwahahahaha. I’m so evil aren’t I. But hey, Chapter 5 is finally done and out of the way ^^ It did turn out quite different to what I had planned it to be but what the hell.

And again, thank you and please review. Looking forward to reading them ^^


Thanks ~ Michelle