InuYasha Fan Fiction ❯ The Real Me ❯ Discovery ( Chapter 5 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]
A/N: Nothing much to say so enjoy ^^

Disclaimer: Inuyasha and co. belong to Rumiko Takahashi


***Chapter 5***

Inuyasha couldn’t believe his eyes as he simply stared, dumfounded, at the piece of art he held in his hands. He wasn’t too big on art and all, being more sporty and the outdoor type of person, but this Kagome girl was simply amazing, to put it into words. The first picture in the book was just breathtaking. Inuyasha delicately traced a finger over it, making sure that his claws didn’t leave any markings. After all, he couldn’t help being a hanyou.

The first was a picture, of what he believed, to be the girl’s family. They looked happy; the father had his arms wrapped around the mother who was holding a baby boy in her arms. Kagome, who he was sure was the little girl holding the mother’s hand, was smiling as she watched the sunset together with her family. So peaceful. Inuyasha blinked, eyes swirling at all the vibrant colours, and leaned in closer. It looked almost real. Hell, he though, it did look real.

Pulling his eyes away, he turned the page and again and came face to face with…himself. “What the?!?” Inuyasha stared at his replica. He was smiling in the picture and was leaning back in his chair with his hands behind his head. Why am I in here? Despite himself, he blushed. He had never realised that Kagome had been drawing him in class today. He turned the page and found himself staring at people in his class.

There was Miroku, laughing as he rubbed the cheek which the red handprint on it. She sure captured the perverted side of him well he thought in amusement as he flipped to the next page, which was one of Kouga and Kyo fighting. Wow. I’m impressed. That Kagome girl had practically drawn everyone in the class. He did notice however, that his girlfriend was not included in any of the pictures. That Kagome girl must really hate Kikyo.

The last one was a picture of herself. She was smiling, though when Inuyasha leaned in closer, it was a sad and haunting smile. A smile which told more than any words could. “Why is she so sad. Is it because everyone picks on her at school” The instant Inuyasha thought of this he immediately felt guilty. He had never tried stopping this bullying. Hell, I start most of them. He shook his head to rid himself of the though and for some reason, leant in closer and sniffed. Kagome’s scent was all over the page and he smiled, intoxicated by her exotic smell.

Suddenly, his eyes flew open and he gasped. What was he thinking? “Hmph. Who cares if she’s a good artist and smells nice. She’s just a freak after all”. A nobody” As if agreeing with Inuyasha’s thoughts, the bell rang, signalling that the time for class had come. “Oh just great” muttered Inuyasha under his breath, as he reluctantly headed towards the maths classroom. “Miroku…you owe me big time”

Meanwhile, Kagome was having a hard time trying to ignore the many rude remarks thrown in her direction. I am stone. I am a rock. I feel nothing. She repeated this over and over to herself in her head and eventually, the voices she so desperately wanted to block out, disappeared only to return again even louder. Thankfully, the bell rang for period 5 and everyone bustled off, leaving Kagome alone with her thoughts. Only two more periods to go. “Can this day drag on any longer?” She asked herself as she walked slowly and painfully towards the maths classroom, holding on to the wall for support as her legs wouldn’t hold her weight. So hungry….and as if to remind herself, her stomach growled in frustration.

“So if you do this, then c will equal 217.8…” Kagome rubbed her eyes for the millionth time, struggling to keep awake. She was so tired, hungry and to top it all, she had a major headache that kept her head throbbing. I hope I don’t have a fever she thought to herself as she put her hand to her head. Oh crap. What a great time to get sick. Kagome sighed and let her head drop to the desk. This gesture did not go unnoticed as a pair of amber eyes stared at her.

“Ms. Higarashi? Ms. Higarashi? Kagome?” Kagome felt someone shake her and looked up into Inuyasha’s piercing eyes. “The teacher’s calling you” That got Kagome up. She bolted up in her chair and tried to ignore the dizziness in her head as the rest of the class laughed at her clumsiness. “Ms. Higarashi” Kagome looked up into the teacher’s concerned eyes. “Are you feeling alright? You look a bit pale” Kagome forced herself to smile and nodded. “I’m fine miss. I mean sir” Oh shivers. I just called Mr. Myouga miss. I’m gonna get it now. The rest of the class sniggered, half at Kagome’s idiocy and half at the teacher being called a female. Mr. Myouga silenced them with a look. “Really. I’m okay” she mumbled, blinking a couple of times to keep her eyes in focus. “Well, if you say so. How about coming up here to do the question on page 54 of your textbook?”

No her mind screamed out at her. “Ok” said her traitorous mouth. I am such an idiot she thought to herself as she stumbled out of her chair and grabbed the piece of chalk off the teacher. Just as she was about to reach the blackboard, she felt her vision blur and then everything went black…



***End of Chapter 5***


A/N: Chapter 5 is done and out of the way ^^ It did turn out quite different to what I had planned it to be but what the hell.

Much thanks to my reviewers: raven rocks, kawaii becky, Calera. This chapter was dedicated to you all =D

Also, I’ll be putting the next chapter up once I get 5 reviews…only two more to go so keep em coming =D *wink wink nudge nudge*

Thanks ~ Michelle