InuYasha Fan Fiction ❯ The Real Me ❯ Curiosity killed the....dog? ( Chapter 4 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]
A/N: Here’s chapter 4. Hopefully it will be a little more interesting as more characters are introduced

Disclaimer: Inuyasha belongs to Rumiko Takahashi. *sigh* why do I even bother…everyone knows that (lol)


***Chapter 4***


The cafeteria was bustling with people as Kagome walked in, stomach growling in hunger. Finally made it, she thought in relief. Maths was the worst period she had had all day though the heavens were nicer in periods 3 and 4 as Inuyasha and his gang were no where to be seen. Must have jigged. For once, that’s a good thing.

Without realising it, her legs had taken her to the long queue where she stood dumbfounded at what she had just done. She never had lunch since it was so costly. But what the hell, maybe just this once. I’m too hungry to even care, she thought as she reached inside her wallet to see how much she had. As she expected, there was only enough for dinner. Then again, maybe not.

Sighing lightly in frustration, she forced her reluctant body out of the line but paused for a second, eyes scanning around to find an empty table. As usual, most of the table were full, with the nerds up the front, musicians to their right, punks behind and the back two tables occupied by none other than Inuyasha and Kikyo’s little group of jocks and cheerleaders. Finding no other vacant table, Kagome half-heartedly moved towards the empty table she had spotted next to their tables. It had been wishful thinking when she had hoped that there were other free tables.

“Miroku! You pervert!” came an enraged voice, which was unmistakingly female. SLAP! THWACK! BANG! “Ow!” A very angry female, she thought in grim amusement as she watched a girl around her age, with long brown hair and brown eyes attempt to strangle the laughing guy who was currently sitting at her table. Kagome recognised the girl as Sango, another popular cheerleader, although she didn’t hang around Kikyo and her bunch of cronies.

“You can’t keep your hands to yourself can you”, screamed Sango, shaking Miroku by the shirt in emphasis. Her anger exploded, as she saw his cheeky grin and small, abrupt shake of the head, clearing stating out the answer ‘no’. Her eyes narrowed. “Why you little”. Even Miroku knew when to stop when he saw Sango flare up. “Come on Sango. It was just a little harmless joke. You’re not getting angry at that are you?” Sango’s eyebrow twitched in annoyance and anger. Noticing his own danger Miroku laughed nervously. “Well maybe not exactly harmless….Okay then, I think I’ll just be going” And with that, Miroku hurried off. As he passed Kagome’s table he gave her a wink, knowing that she and actually everyone else in the cafeteria had witnessed that little…’scene’.

Noticing that someone was watching her, Kagome looked up from her previous position, which was like always, staring down at the table with her head down. She saw Sango looking over her way, smiling hesitantly. “Hey, you’re Kagome right? Kagome nodded, her movements short and brisk. “How come you’re sitting alone? Come join us” Sango patted the chair next to her. Kagome smiled slightly, though it did not reach her eyes, which remained sad and empty, but politely declined the offer by shaking her head. Sango is nice though her friends…and her thought trailed off. Kagome was aware that all throughout their ‘talk’ Sango’s friends had been giving her the eye, which all too clearly meant that she was not welcome. “Oh. Ok then. I don’t mind you know” Sango said, still perplexed by why Kagome had refused. Kagome smiled softly before saying in a soft voice, “I know”

When Sango turned back around in her seat to chat with her friends, Kagome stared back down at her hands. She knew what would be next and braced herself for it. “Why the hell did you invite her for?!? She’s a freak”, exclaimed, Yui, throwing her hands up in exaggeration. Kagome glanced at the girl who was currently talking, well bitching about her. She had never liked Yui, from her dyed blonde hair to her grey eyes. All her features made her out to be a snob. How could someone as nice as Sango have a friend like Yui? Another voice joined in on the conversation and Kagome recognised the speaker as Asami, a short brunette with hazel eyes “Yeah. Did you see her glasses? And that hairstyle. Who wears their hair like that anymore”?” “Well I don’t see what’s wrong with that. Kagome’s nice”, said Sango, clearing upset by her friends reactions. “Yeesh, you guys don’t have to make such a big deal over it” Deciding she had heard enough, like it’s nothing I haven’t heard before¸ she turned her attention to the group to the other side of her.

“Hey Miroku, you like Sango don’t ya?” said Kyo, a tall blond with blue eyes. “Hell yeah. She has the nicest ass…” began Miroku as he stared at the wall, fantasizing about the girl’s bottom. “Hey? Hello? Earth to Miroku”, said Kyo, waving his friends in front of his friend’s face who was too far-gone into his little dream. “Keh. Leave him alone. He’s too far gone into his little la-la land you won’t get anything outta him” said Inuyasha, with Kikyo sitting in his lap. “Haha. He’s practically drooling” said Kyo, poking Miroku though he got not reaction from his friend.

While all this was happening, Kagome was staring at the couple who were starting to get rather intimate much to her disgust. They were kissing with Inuyasha’s hand travelling up his girlfriend’s top. “Hey nerd. What do ya think you’re lookin’ at?” said Kikyo, glaring at her. Noticing that Kagome wasn’t eating she sneered. “Ooh. Is the widdle nerd going on a diet? Maybe that’s why she wears such baggy clothes. She’s too fat to fit into any others” With that Kikyo sniggered. Inuyasha sighed, glancing quickly over at the girl who had become his girlfriend’s new victim. The girl had her head down and was just staring at the table, not saying a word. He did, surprisingly, feel a bit sorry for her, after all, being picked on by his girlfriend was not something he’d want to go through. “Hey Kikyo. I’m going now. See ya later” he said, quickly disappearing before the situation turned ugly. Never get involved in a fight between girls. He knew that from experience.

“Yo, where ya goin’ dude?” asked Miroku, finally snapping out of his trance after having water thrown on him. “Finally back huh? I’m just goin ‘ out” Miroku grinned his trademark smile. “Well see ya later. Don’t miss me too much while you’re gone” Inuyasha punched him jokingly. “Yeah right. In ya dreams” He turned around and began walking off when he spun back around again. “You gonna jig next period?” he asked. Miroku thought for a moment before replying. “Hell no. My beautiful Sango is gonna be there and….” He was cut off by Inuyasha. “It’s maths again. You sure you wanna go?” “Nothing will separate my lovely Sango and I. Not even if I have to endure another lesson of maths again” Inuyasha laughed. “Miroku…”. “yeah…what?” .“You…are…..” .“Sexy? .Yeah I know mate”. “…weird” Inuyasha grinned as he heard his friend’s protests.

Inuyasha sighed as he leaned against the wall at the back of the school. Finally made it through all those giggly girls. Geez they’re annoying. Remembering the art book he had picked up earlier on, he took it out of his bag. “Hmm. Let’s see….Kagome Higarashi…Kagome….” He was contemplating whether or not he should look inside and finally, his curiosity got the better of him. He gasped in amazement at what he saw before him. I guess curiosity never killed the cat…or in my case….the dog….



***End of Chapter 4***


A/N: Chapter 4 is done so hoped everyone liked it. ^^ It’s my longest chapter yet so gotta beat it next time

And a big thanks to Calera for being my third reviewer ^^ Thankies so much. ^^
Anyway, please review and tell me what you thought about it.

Thanks ~ Michelle