InuYasha Fan Fiction ❯ The Real Me ❯ Maths really is a nightmare! ( Chapter 3 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]
A/N: Oops. I noticed that in the previous two chapters I spelt Rumiko Takahashi’s name wrong >< my bad. I’ve updated them now so it should be fine now. Not much else to say so on with the story.

Disclaimer: Rumiko Takahashi owns Inuyasha but…I’ll have it if she doesn’t want it *crosses fingers* (lol) ^^


***Chapter 3***


Kagome rushed out of the classroom with her head down, heart beating wildly. Gosh. I hope not all my classes will be like that. Reaching behind her into her bag, she pulled out her timetable to check her next class. “Let’s see,” she mumbled to herself. “It’s Monday…week A…period 2…. oh. It’s maths”. Kagome was the top maths student in the school, actually she was the top student overall. She enjoyed maths and took it as a challenge, not a task as most others did.

“Like, I totally had the worst day today. That Higarashi freak like walked into me. Does she not have eyes or something? And now we have maths. Can my day get any worse” Kagome flinched, having heard Kikyo’s annoyingly high voice down the hallway. Worst of all, it seemed to be getting louder as if she was coming closer which meant only one thing…they were in the same maths class. What did I do to deserve this? Kagome sighed softly, before walking around the corner to stand outside the classroom where the rest of her class was waiting.

As usual, Kagome’s face held no emotion as she walked towards her classmates though inside, she was bursting with curiosity to know what was going on with the large crowd. I wonder what is happening. Hesitantly, she moved slightly closer so she could see who was attracting so much attention and immediately regretted doing so. “We’ve been going out for a week now. Haven’t we Inu-babe?” said Kikyo, smirking as her crowd of jealous girls sighed in envy. “Keh” was the only reply Kikyo got, though Inuyasha wrapped his arm casually around her waist. “Oh man. You are one lucky dude,” said a guy, though Kagome could not pick out whose voice it was.

It was at that instant that she noticed her misfortune. How could I have not seen that coming? She thought to herself grimly as she recognized a few other familiar faces in the crowd. Slightly to Inuyasha’s right was his best friend, Miroku. Aka pervert. Miroku was also quite popular with the ladies, with his mischievous blue eyes and ‘charming’ personality. Yeah, he was charming until he groped you. The thought came none too soon into Kagome’s head as she saw Miroku’s hand creep suspiciously close to the behind of the girl in front of him. Kagome began counting, 1…2…3. “Eeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeek!!!!!!!!!!! *S.L.A.P* “You bloody pervert,” screamed the girl, partly in anger and partly in embarrassment. “Hehe. Sorry Eri. It’s the hand. The hand. It’s cursed”, said Miroku, grinning sheepishly as he rubbed the cheek with the big red handprint on it.

Kagome had to stop herself from laughing out loud. The expression on the girl’s face was priceless. That’s not nice, she told herself sternly. She did feel a bit sorry for the girl, having been groped at all. I’ll bet it’s not such a nice experience. Luckily for her, Kagome had never been misfortunate enough to get close enough within Miroku’s groping range. Not that he’d want to touch me anyway. At least I’m safe.

Moving her attention from Miroku, who was currently asking the brunette to the left of him if she’d bear his child, she noticed Kouga, who was standing there looking bored out of his mind. He was fairly tall, as most of Inuyasha’s friends were, with long dark hair pulled into a ponytail and deep blue eyes. At the moment, Kouga was tapping his foot impatiently his blue eyes scanning around the crowd, a bored expression in them. His eyes met hers for a split second before moving away again and Kagome shuddered involuntarily. Ok. Note to self. Stay away from that guy. The second bell rang, startling Kagome out of her concentration. Well, let’s hope that I make it out of this alive.

Kagome rubbed her temples, sighing in frustration. All period, she had had spit balls thrown at her and elastic bands flicked at her head. And like every other time this happened, which was practically everyday, she ignored them, trying desperately to concentrate on what her maths teacher, Mr. Myouga, was saying. It worked for a while, but then she gave up eventually as she pulled out, yet another slimy piece of paper out of her hair. She released the breath she didn’t realise she had been holding and prayed for the period to end. This is going to be a long lesson…



***End of Chapter 3***


A/N: And *drumroll* Chapter 3 is done. Hope you all liked it =D Sorry it was just a filler but everything will start happening in the next chapter.

I want to thank kawaii becky and raven rocks for being my first two reviewers. Thank you. You’ve made my day ^^