InuYasha Fan Fiction ❯ The Real Me ❯ Seating Arrangements ( Chapter 2 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]
A/N: Hello again. The last chapter was a bit short since I ran out of time but I’ll make it up to you by making this chapter longer ^^

Oh and just a little warning, Kikyo is going to be a bitch in this story so sorry for all you Kikyo fans out there ><

Disclaimer: And once again, I do NOT own Inuyasha *sniff *. It belongs to Rumiko Takahashi


***Chapter 2***


Kagome kept her head down the whole way down the hall to her locker. Quickly glancing around, she saw that as usual, there were people talking about her behind her back. Kagome sighed inwardly. I should’ve known. I was stupid to think things would change now that I’m in year 12. Not exactly paying attention to where she was going, Kagome felt herself walk into someone. “Sorry”, she mumbled, her voice barely audible even to herself. “Watch where you’re walking next time!” Bloody hell” came a disgusted voice, unmistakably female. Daring herself to look up she found herself staring into expressionless brown eyes. “Oh. I know you. You’re that nerd who gets 100% in everything. Geez, get a life. NERD!” said the owner of the eyes, Kikyo. Kagome felt herself die inside. Of all the people she could have run into, she had to run into the most popular girl in the school. Just my luck she thought grimly.

Kikyo was the head of the cheerleading squad and even Kagome had to admit, she was pretty. Kikyo was tall and had a great body and was the envy of all the girls in the school who all wished they could be like her. She’d had had so many boyfriends that there was too many to keep track of, unlike Kagome who had never even held hands with one. “Like, oh my god. You just get uglier and uglier every time I see you”. During all this, Kagome said nothing. She was used to this kind of bullying, it had been so ever since she started high school. When everyone else her age was going out shopping with friends and staying late at parties, she had to stay home to look after her little brother. Not that she minded of course. “Like are you even listening to me?”, Kikyo exclaimed. When Kagome didn’t answer she huffed and replied, “Hmph. You’re not worth my time anyway” With that, Kikyo strode off followed by her carefully selected group of friends. Somebody needs therapy. Seeing how people started whispering again, Kagome sighed. Could this day get any worse?

RIIINNNNNNGG!!!!!! Kagome stood near the back of the classroom, leaning against the wall as everyone else slowly filed in. The teacher came in a few seconds later. Kagome smiled inwardly, as her first class was art. “Good morning class. My name is Mrs. Arisa and I’ll be your art teacher for this year…” BANG! Everyone, including Kagome glanced at the person who had just slammed the door, interrupting the teacher. Oh my god. Don’t tell me ‘he’ is in my class. Please no. This had better be a mistake. The teacher stared disdainfully at the newcomer, before clearing her throat, “Mr. Takashi. If you are to be late to class, please keep your entrance to a minimum” Someone murder me. Why me? Why? Kagome stared at the boy who, at the moment, was smirking at the teacher. Why is Inuyasha in my class? This has to be some kind of nightmare. “Keh. Yeah whatever”, answered Inuyasha in a bored tone. Kagome lowered her head, keeping her eyes on her art book in front of her. This HAS to be some kind of mistake. Please let it be a mistake. Mrs. Arisa glared at the insolent boy in front of her, before smiling at the class. “Since Mr. Takashi was so nice to come and interrupt my class in the FIRST LESSON OF THE YEAR” and with that she raised her voice. “I think I’m going to have to give you all seating arrangements”. Kagome almost fell off her chair. What!!!!! She was not the only one in protest. “Oh. Come one miss. Cut us some slack”, said someone. “Whatever you old hag”, came a voice coming from the direction where Inuyasha was. Mrs. Arisa lowered her eyes. “Old hag huh” she murmured. “I’ll show you who’s an old hag”. Raising her voice again, she said in a fake voice. “Since Mr. Takashi is so enthusiastic about this, I’ll pick him the first seat. Hmm…let’s see. Ahh. How about next to Ms. Higarashi”

Kagome froze in her seat. What the hell?!? Ok someone please wake me up. Inuyasha’s voice brought her back to reality, “Whatever” He strode towards where she was sitting took the seat next to her. Kagome glanced over, then lowered her eyes again. As much as she hated to admit it he was really good looking. Inuyasha had long silver hair and a well-toned body but what she liked best were the two cute little ears on top of his head and his amazing amber eyes. She could get lost in them. Too bad his reputation spoiled his good looks. He was the most popular guy in school, not just because of his good looks but because he was rich though unfortunately, also a playboy. His father owned over 1000 car businesses, all of which were successful and well known.

While Kagome was busy staring at the paper in front of her, she didn’t notice two amber orbs studying her. Inuyasha smirked and leant back on his chair, his hands behind his head. He could smell the Higarashi girl’s nervousness and it was frankly, amusing for him. She did smell nice though, like honey and some sort of flower. She does have an okay face, he thought to himself, though the glasses spoiled her looks. And her hairstyle was way too severe for her face. She wore a baggy uniform so he couldn’t see how her body was but then again, why did he even care? “Okay, the first thing….”, began the teacher. Here we go again

As soon as the bell went for the end of the period, Kagome quickly packed her few belongings into her bag and practically ran for the door when a hand reached out and grabbed her. “Hey you. Wait” said Inuyasha. She stopped struggling but refused to look at him, instead staring at the floor. “You haven’t said a word all day. Do you always not talk?” Kagome stiffened, but still refused to meet his eye. Why is he asking me this? “Hello? Are you a mute or something?” She opened her mouth, but then reshut it before she could say anything she knew she would regret later on. Instead, she tugged her hand away from him and ran, not noticing that she had dropped her art book. “Shy is she?” said Inuyasha to no one in particular. His scrutinizing eyes fell to the book on the floor. “Hey doesn’t this belong to that Higarashi girl?…”


***End of Chapter 2***


A/N: Yay! Chapter 2 is finished. I’m on a roll (lol). I’ll try to update as much as possible since it’s the holidays right now =D but no promises. Well, keep checking back cause the next chapter will be up soon.

Also, I’d like to thank my first reviewer raven rocks for his comment ^^ Thanks so much for being so nice