InuYasha Fan Fiction ❯ The Reality of It All ❯ Choices ( Chapter 1 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]
I Do Not Own Any Of The Original Characters. But I soo wish I did. Thank You


Chapter 1
Choices

Kagome had been searching for jewel shards with Inuyasha for 5 years. Kagome was 20 years old and had graduated High School. The jewel she held was half way completed so the battle with Naraku was drawing near. As of lately Kagome and Inuyasha had been drifting further apart. Kagome kept thinking of what she would do after this was all over. Would she go back to her time and pretend it never happened or would she visit from time to time. Kagome was now walking from the well when she noticed Inuyasha with Kikyo.
'What is she doing here?' Kagome thought.

"Kikyo I have decided to choose you over Kagome as my mate." Inuyasha's words were like a sledgehammer to her heart.

'Did he just say what I think he did?' Kagome thought as she fought to hold back tears.

"Yes Inuyasha. I would be honored to become your mate." Kikyo's response was the last straw.

'He did.' Kagome ran as fast as she could toward the well. Kagome ran blindly not caring where she went as long as she was away from him. She soon ran into something or rather somebody. She looked up only seeing two golden eyes and nothing more. Not realizing it was Sesshomaru she slapped him. She pulled away wanting to run again but found she was being held by her wrist.

"You will refrain from doing that again."

"What?"

"I do not repeat myself." Kagome then looked up finally realizing her mistake. She had just slapped Sesshomaru.

"I am so sorry. I thought you were Inuyasha."

"I know very well who you thought I was. Never again confuse me with that half-breed."

"I am sorry that I offended you."

"Your apology is accepted but may I ask you something?"

"Yes of course."

"Do you still love Inuyasha after what he has put you through?"

"Yes, but what does that have to do with anything?"

"Do not question me."

'She is really quite a strange girl. Maybe I should bring her home for Rin.'

Kagome shuddered under his intense gaze. If Sesshomaru had not been holding her wrist she would have left long ago.

"Do you wish to stay with Inuyasha?"

Kagome was silent.

"You are trying my patience."

"No, I hate Inuyasha."

"You will come with me then."

"What if I don't want to?"

"You will come whether you want to or not."

"Let me go now!"

"You are going to come with me or you can go back to Inuyasha. Which do you prefer?"

"I want to go home. Please......just let me go." Kagome had tears streaming down her face. Sesshomaru then did the unthinkable. He pulled Kagome close letting her cry until she pulled away.

"Are you finished yet?"

"Yes...thank you."

"For what?"

"For letting me come with you."

"So you have finally decided."

"Yes."

"You will do as I order and address me as either Lord Sesshomaru or Sesshomaru-sama. Now we will go to my castle."

"Yes, Lord Sesshomaru. But will we be walking?"

"No." Sesshomaru then picked Kagome up bridal style and took to the air.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Inuyasha had gotten back to Kaede's a while ago but had not noticed Kagome was gone. He kept thinking about him and Kikyo and what things would be like between them and of course how he was going to tell the group.

"Inuyasha have you seen Kagome?" Sango asked.

"Huh."

"Have you seen Kagome?"

"No and besides when did I become her keeper."

"No but you are her friend."

"I guess I'll go look for her." Inuyasha then left the hut and sniffed the air to follow Kagome's scent. Then he got to a certain spot where her scent was close to the area he and Kikyo had been talking. He ran faster hoping to find her soon so he knew she had not heard him. He got to a spot where there was the scent of salt and Sesshomaru.

'Why was she crying and why was my brother here?' Suddenly their scents just stopped. Inuyasha became more than just a little scared. Inuyasha raced back to his friends. All the while thinking about why Kagome could have been crying and why she was with Sesshomaru. Inuyasha suddenly burst into the hut.

"Kagome has been kidnapped."

"What?!" Sango exclaimed.

"Kagome's scent mixes with Sesshomaru's scent and then vanishes."

Everybody gasped. They had to find her before something bad happened but how would they find her.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Kagome had fallen asleep soon after Sesshomaru had left the ground. They flew for several hours until they reached their destination and the sun was beginning to rise. Kagome began to stir when Sesshomaru landed. Her eyes fluttered open and she wondered where she was. Kagome looked up at Sesshomaru and remembered immediately what happened and where she was. Sesshomaru watched the emotions play across her face confusion, sadness, and then realization. Sesshomaru put Kagome down on her feet. All of a sudden two people came running out the doors.

"Lord Sesshomaru." Rin squealed.

"My Lord." Jaken spoke and then bowed.

Kagome went unnoticed for the moment. She was still unsure why she had come and why Sesshomaru asked her to.

"Hello Rin." Sesshomaru said in his even tone.

"Lord Sesshomaru who is she?" Rin asked pointing to Kagome who was still deep in thought.

"This is Kagome. She is going to be our guest for a while."

"But she is but a human Milord." Jaken squawked.

"Jaken have a room for her set up."

"Yes Milord." Jaken then ran back to the castle. Sesshomaru walked toward the garden and motioned for Kagome to follow. Kagome followed with Rin close by. The garden was bursting with flowers. Kagome noticed that Rin was already walking around checking the flowers. Sesshomaru sat under a tree with his back resting on the tree's trunk. Kagome walked over to the tree and stood with her back to the tree also.

"Why did you bring me here?"

"You wished to leave the half-breed."

"That cannot be the only reason."

"You will also be watching over Rin."

"Yes, Lord Sesshomaru."

'She is learning quickly but I do wish she would resist a little.' Sesshomaru then stood and walked toward the door. Rin noticed and pulled Kagome forward to follow Sesshomaru.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"Where should we look first?" Inuyasha did not know exactly where the castle was.

"How about in the west!" Shippo practically yelled.

"I know that." Inuyasha said controlling his anger.

"Maybe you should as somebody." Sango reasoned.

"No, we'll find it on our own."

Sango walked along quietly trying to figure out why he insisted that he could find it when he didn't know if he could. Sango then felt a hand rubbing her butt.

"Pervert!!" Sango yelled. Soon following was a thud made by Miroku getting hit by hiraikotsu.

"Would you two knock it off?" Inuyasha said.

"We should make camp here it is starting to get dark." Sango said looking toward the setting sun.

"I'll be back guys." Inuyasha said as he saw Kikyo's soul collectors.

Sango and Miroku noticed that he left the group more and more often but were not completely sure where he was going. They knew he was going to meet somebody and they knew it was probably Kikyo but they couldn't be absolutely sure.