InuYasha Fan Fiction ❯ The Reality of It All ❯ Sleepless Night ( Chapter 2 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]
I do not own any of the Original Characters. But I soo wish I did. Thank You


Chapter 2
Sleepless Night

Kagome woke in an elegant four-post bed made of oak with green silk sheets. The room was a forest green with oak carvings on the walls. Kagome looked to the window and saw that the sun had just barely risen.

'That is odd. I am usually never up this early.'

'It's probably because you're in SESSHOMARU'S castle.'

Kagome quickly got up from her bed and walked to a trunk that held the kimonos she was told to wear. She looked through them until she found the perfect one. It was sage colored with pink sakura blossoms all over and a pink obit to tie it closed. She dressed and was brushing her hair. Then there was a knock at the door.

"Come in." Kagome called.

"You are up good."

"Yes, Lord Sesshomaru I am."

Sesshomaru walked up to Kagome and saw her kimono. He nodded his approval of her choice before leaving. Kagome resumed getting herself ready. She then pulled her hair up in a bun with two pieces of hair hanging by her face. She thought that she looked rather nice. Then a very excited Rin knocked on her door before running in. She hugged Kagome tightly before grabbing Kagome's hand. Rin led Kagome to a dining room with blue silk coloring the room. It had a beautiful oak table with dog paws for feet. Kagome saw that there was a place set for her on the right of Sesshomaru with a waiting Rin at his left. Kagome quickly sat down and food was set in front of her. Sesshomaru remained quiet, as did Rin.

"You have a lovely home Lord Sesshomaru."

"Thank You."

"Why is this room blue? It kind of makes me feel a little sad.”

"You will refrain from asking any further questions Miko."

Kagome was pissed now and Sesshomaru knew it.

"My name is Kagome. Ka-Go-Me not miko, wench, girl, woman, or bitch. So please call me by my name."

"Rin would you please leave."

Rin ran swiftly out of the room.

"Bitch!! You are in my house so you will be called whatever I see fit. Now you will be punished."

"Who the hell do you think your talking to? I am not a servant you bought. I came on my own and can leave whenever I wish."

"I am talking to my brother's wench nothing more. You may have come here willingly but you will never leave." Sesshomaru gave no room for argument and was soon behind Kagome with his hand in her hair. He was thinking about the worst possible punishment. He liked her fiery spirit but did not like her anger directed toward him. Sesshomaru heard her heart beat louder and faster. He couldn't believe she was not actually afraid of him. Kagome's scent told him she was only a little nervous.

"Why do you not fear me?"

"If you wanted to kill me you would have done so. When you fought Inuyasha you could have overpowered him easily but you did not. Besides why should I be afraid of you when death is a welcome thought?"

"Why do you wish for death?"

"There is nothing to live for.....Inuyasha hates me and if I die then Kikyo would get her soul back and become a real person again and then Inuyasha would be happy."

"There is Rin."

"But she has you and....and I will be rejoining my group after my stay with you."

"You are right."

"About what?"

"About me wanting to kill you.... But you are wrong about Rin having me."

"May I go to my room now?"

"Yes, but you will teach Rin after lunch."

"Yes Lord Sesshomaru."

Kagome left leaving only Sesshomaru in an empty room. Sesshomaru soon left the dining hall to work in his study. Sesshomaru was seated at his desk thinking about what had just happened to him.

'Why did I not punish her?'

'She is too beautiful to punish physically.'

'Yeah she is......I mean no.'

'Just admit you really like her.'

'No I don't like her at all.'

'Yes you do.'

'No I don't.'

'You know your growling right.'

'Damn you. Who are you anyway.'

'Your conscious.'

'Well you need to leave.'

'I will but only for right now. I will be back.'

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ ~~~~~~~~~~

The group had been traveling since around sunrise and Sango was not very happy. Sango couldn't believe how slow they were traveling.

'This is irritating. We can't travel at our normal pace because of Inuyasha's dead bitch.'

*FLASHBACK*

Inuyasha had just run off from camp.

"Where is he going?" Sango asked.

"Isn't it obvious?" Miroku answered trying not to make Sango feel stupid.

"No."

"He is going to see Kikyo."

"Kagome's been kidnapped and all he care's about is somebody who is already dead."

"I'm not happy about it either Sango.... But it is his decision."

"Well when Kagome comes back Inuyasha will have to stop his little visits."

"No I won't." Inuyasha said coming into the clearing.

"Why is that?" Sango asked.

"Kikyo is going to join our group because she is going to be my mate." Inuyasha then pulled Kikyo into the clearing beside him.

When did this occur?" Miroku asked.

"The night that bitch was kidnapped."

"Inuyasha you bastard! Kagome wasn't kidnapped she....... She left on her own." Sango yelled finally coming to a conclusion.

"That bitch would not go to my enemy. She would never betray me."

"She might have seen you didn't love her and could have gone to your brother thinking she could have the next best thing." Kikyo said this as if it were a fact.

"Kikyo you bitch. Kagome would never do such a thing." Sango was pissed and they all knew it.

"Either way....... The only way to find out is to find Kagome and ask her why she left." Miroku was trying to calm them.

"Miroku is right but that whore is not traveling with us."

"Kikyo is going to travel with us and you who do not show her the proper respect will die."

"It is getting late Inuyasha. We should get some rest so that we may leave at sunrise." Kikyo announced.

"Yes my love."

Sango walked to the other side of the camp to get away from Kikyo. Miroku went over to Shippo who looked to be asleep. Kikyo and Inuyasha slept in a tree high above the group.

*END FLASHBACK*

Here they were resting again so that Kikyo's body could be replenished with souls.

'If Kagome were here Kikyo would be alone.' Sango thought with hate.

Shippo had heard everything the night before and nobody but Sango knew this. Sango had seen his expression when Inuyasha called Kagome a bitch.

"How far are we from Sesshomaru's castle?" Miroku asked.

"Not far. At this pace about two days."

"Well Miroku, Shippo, and I will go ahead."

"Why?"

"So that we can talk to her."

"I guess but Kikyo and I will stay here. Kagome can come to me. If she says she went willingly tell her I expect and apology. Be back within a week or I will come after you."

Sango nodded and hopped on Kirara with the others. It was starting to get dark so she figured they would reach the castle around sunrise.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Kagome could do nothing but think about Sesshomaru. The way his silver hair looked like silk and his eyes looked like the sun itself.

'Just admit it you think Sesshomaru is a total hottie.'

'No of course he's not. He is an evil killing machine.'

'You know that's not true. He only does that as part of his job.'

'Well I can't sleep so I'm going for a walk.'

Kagome left her room and walked until she came to a pair of metal doors. There was a giant dog molded into one of the doors.

'This must be Sesshomaru's room.'

'Yep. I wonder what he sleeps in.'

'Stop that!'

The doors suddenly opened and an angry Sesshomaru came out. He was wearing his normal clothes thankfully.

"What do you want?"

"Nothing why?"

"You have been standing out here for an hour."

"I am so sorry."

"Why are you up at this hour anyway?"

"I could not sleep."

"Why could you not sleep?"

"I do not know. I will just go walk somewhere else since you were sleeping."

"I will walk with you since I cannot sleep either."

"I am sorry for keeping you from sleep."

"I could not sleep before you came to my door."

"All right."

"Let us go to the garden then."

Sesshomaru had started walking and Kagome followed. They went down several halls and then were finally outside. Kagome walked to the roses and smelled one before sitting in the grass. Sesshomaru watched what Kagome did and almost smiled when she sniffed the rose.

'If she were a youkai then she would be able to smell it from here.' Sesshomaru then sniffed out her scent. She smelled like strawberries with a small hint of rose. He could not smell anything but her and he was enjoying what her scent did to him. Sesshomaru was so tuned into her scent that he didn't see that she was looking at him.

"Are you ok Lord Sesshomaru?"

"Yeah just thinking."

"About what?"

"That is none of your concern."

They sat in silence for a while just taking in the view. Kagome was enjoying the fresh air and was now getting more than a little tired.

"Well I am going to go back to my room."

"Your friends will be here at sunrise."

"What?! Please tell me Inuyasha is not with them."

"Inuyasha is farther away and has stopped."

"I am not going back with Inuyasha."

"You will have to eventually......but I have to wonder why you are willing to stay with me."

Kagome just shrugged and got up to walk to her room. Kagome was going up the stairs and tripped on a stair leading to the doors and cried out in pain. Kagome knew she did something to her ankle but tried to walk anyway. She got to her feet and took a step immediately falling.

"Damn! Why do I have to be so clumsy?"

"Because you are human. Now I will have to help you to your room."

"I wasn't talking to you. And further more I do not need your help."

"You are getting my help whether you want it or not."

"Besides why do you care what happens to me?"

"Rin would get upset."

Kagome yawned showing how tired she had become. Sesshomaru chose then to pick her up bridal style and head toward the doors. Sesshomaru soon noticed she had fallen asleep and wondered how she could be so trusting. Sesshomaru laid Kagome in her bed and inspected her ankle. It was going to be fine in a day or so. Sesshomaru then went to his room and fell asleep.


Sesshomaru woke at sunrise to see Kagome already outside greeting her friends. Sesshomaru quickly dressed and went to greet the new arrivals. He could not recall their names but knew they were friendly. Sesshomaru noticed that Kagome wasn't limping or anything so she must have heeled herself with her miko abilities.

"Welcome to my home."

"Thank you Lord Sesshomaru. It is a pleasure to be here." Miroku stated.

There was nothing but silence.

"Oh I'm sorry. Let me introduce all of you. This is Houshi-Miroku, Sango the demon exterminator, and Kirara." Kagome pointed each one out to Sesshomaru who nodded his head.

"It is nice to meet you."

Kagome was shocked that Lord Sesshomaru was actually being nice to her friends.

"Where is Shippo?" Kagome asked a little worried.

"I am right here mother." Shippo jumped into Kagome's arms.

"Why did the kit call you mother?" Sesshomaru asked a little uneasy.

"I adopted him as my son."

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

THANK YOU ALL FOR THE REVIEWS. I LOVED GOING ONLINE TO SEE A COUPLE MORE REVIEWS. IF I DON'T GET ANOTHER CHAPTER OUT QUICKLY IT IS BECAUSE I AM WORKING ON MY OTHER FIC BUT I WILL TRY TO HURRY. WELL ANYWAYS I HOPED YOU LIKED THIS CHAPTER. IF YOU DIDN'T TELL ME CAUSE I AM ALREADY THINKING ABOUT REWRITING THIS CHAPTER BUT AM NOT SURE. YOUR REVIEWS WILL DETERMINE IT. WELL REVIEW, REVIEW, REVIEW!!!!!!!