InuYasha Fan Fiction ❯ The Reality of It All ❯ It's Time ( Chapter 3 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]
I do not own any of the Original Characters. But I soo wish I did. Thank You


Sorry guys that it has taken so long for this chapter to come out but I have been busy and my muse decided to take a vacation......He got back a couple days ago with all these ideas for me so I'm hoping it won't take so long to put up the next chapter....Thanks for all the Reviews on the past chapters.....Well anyways on with the story.

Chapter 3
It's Time

Kagome was in Sango's room after having shown her other two friends their rooms. She needed to talk to Sango but couldn't fid the right words. Sango was having a similar dilemma. She needed to tell Kagome about Inuyasha and Kikyo but needed to put it gently.

"Kagome why did you leave?"

"I don't want to talk about it."

"All right. Well then why go with Sesshomaru?"

"He offered."

"Kagome I'm only going to ask this once. Do you like him?"

"I don't know what my feelings for him are but he is easy to get along with."

"Ok. That is a vague enough but answers my question."

"Why didn't Inuyasha come with you guys?"

"Umm...So how are you?"

Sesshomaru had been listening in on their conversation hoping to learn something new about Kagome. He knew the demon slayer was avoiding the questions.

"Fine Sango but answer my question!"

"Ok......He stayed behind with Kikyo."

"What?!" Kagome was holding back tears.

"She joined the group a day or two ago."

"I can't go back."

"But Kagome."

"No!" With that Kagome ran out the room right into a surprised taiyoukai. Sesshomaru wrapped his arms around Kagome as she finally let her tears fall. Sango came walking out soon after and was about to speak when Sesshomaru held up a hand to silence her. Sesshomaru picked Kagome up bridal style and walked toward the outdoors. He stopped when he reached his private garden. He sat down and relaxed before he did anything else. Sesshomaru hooked his finger under her chin forcing her to look at him. Kagome was surprised at his gentleness toward her.

"Tell me what is wrong." Sesshomaru said knowing what was wrong but knew she needed to talk about it.

"You would think it is stupid."

"No I will not."

"Well....Inuyasha stayed behind to be with Kikyo."

"And this upset you."

"Yes of course it did....he knew I loved him and he still did this."

"Well he is not worth your love."

"No. I was stupid.....And"

"You are not stupid."

"Why are you being so nice to me?"

"Because I know how it feels when you love somebody and you get hurt by them."

"Who did that to you?"

"THAT shall remain a secret."

"Oh come on I told you."

"Yes but you are more nosey than I am."

"I am not nosey you jerk."

"Now I know why my half-brother did what he did. You are entirely to nosey and difficult not to mention to emotional." Sesshomaru soon regretted saying that, as he could smell the salt coming from Kagome who was now looking at the grass. He knew he went too far.

"Now......I know what you....and I-Inuyasha.....Have in common.....You are both.....S-sick...b-bastards who hurt people without a second glance." Kagome got up and started to walk away but a clawed hand grabbed her wrist. Kagome tried to pull away but he would not let her get away.

"Please don't leave......I....a-am......s-s-sorry."

"Then why did you say it?" Kagome jerked her wrist away and ran toward the castle leaving a shocked Sesshomaru.

'Why did I say that.'

'Because you can't get close to her.'

'Yeah your right.'

'I always am.'



The next day came and Kagome was avoiding Sesshomaru. She did not want to see him afraid that she would cry again. She was in Sango's room talking with her friend about everything.

"Sango I have to get away from Sesshomaru."

"Well your only other option is to come back with Miroku and I."

"That might be better."

"When do you want to leave?"

"How about tonight after dinner."

"All right."

"Thanks Sango for listening."

"You’re welcome." Sango then gave Kagome a hug. Kagome squeezed Sango tightly because she felt that Sango was the only person she could trust. Sango was like a sister to Kagome always giving her advice when she needed it and all.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Sesshomaru knew that Kagome was avoiding him. He was also avoiding her afraid that she would yell at him.

'I do not care what simple human thinks of this Sesshomaru.'

'Why not say that aloud.....But I doubt you could.'

Sesshomaru tried to say what he thought aloud but he couldn't. He did not know why but he would have liked to know. Sesshomaru walked out of the castle into his private garden. He went and sat under a sakura tree. He picked a rose and smelled it. Roses would always remind him of Kagome. He wanted to be near her to smell her unique scent and see her face but she would have nothing to do with him. But he needed to stop having thoughts about her so he could forget her. Sesshomaru had not noticed that the sun had begun to set until he smelled that his dinner was ready. Sesshomaru got off the ground and started heading towards the castle doors.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

After Kagome had finished talking to Sango, Kagome went to her room to get a couple things out of her bag. She knew that Sesshomaru would more than likely laugh at her if he knew what she was doing. She knew Rin would appreciate the thought but that was only because she was a child. Kagome put the gifts in their boxes and held them close while she left her room. First she went to Rin's room and set the larger box on her bed. Then she went to a window to see if she could find Sesshomaru outside. She saw him sitting on the grass by some roses. She was quite relieved to know he wasn't where se was headed. She opened Sesshomaru's study doors and slipped in. She carefully laid the smaller box with the blue ribbon holding it closed on Sesshomaru's desk. Kagome sighed after she had left the room. She saw the sun had set and knew that dinner was ready. She entered the Dining Hall and saw that everybody was already there. She quickly took her seat and began to eat as she thought of how to bring up the subject that she was leaving.

"So when will you be leaving?" Sesshomaru directed the question toward the monk and demon exterminator.

"WE are going to leave after dinner." Kagome said emphasizing the word WE

"All right."

The rest of dinner was eaten in silence except for the occasional giggles from Rin and Shippo. After dinner Sango, Miroku, Shippo, and Kagome got their things together and headed toward the castle gates. Sesshomaru and Rin were waiting for them there.

"Rin does not want Lady Kagome to leave her."

"I will be ok Rin. I might come and visit you."

"Ok."

"Goodbye Rin and Lord Sesshomaru. I hope I see you again."

"I know you will come to visit Rin. You are always welcome in my home." Lord Sesshomaru said in his usually bored tone.

"Thank You."

Kagome and her friends soon left the castle gates. They were headed toward Inuyasha not at all excited. Kagome was growing increasingly nervous the closer they got to Inuyasha. They would get back to the camp around midday tomorrow. They walked until well after midnight and Kagome happened to look at her watch. Kagome gasped after she saw the time it was 3:30am and they were still traveling.

"Hey guys I think we should make camp."

"Yes I think so too. We have been traveling a while." Miroku agreed.

On that note the group made camp and soon fell asleep.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Sesshomaru did not sleep well that night knowing that Kagome was not safely with him. Rin had found her gift from Kagome and had fallen asleep with it held tightly. Sesshomaru had not been in his study after dinner and did not plan to until the next day. Sesshomaru was lying in his bed trying to sleep but he could not so he wandered the halls finding a faint trace of Kagome's scent that led him to her room. He walked in and was overwhelmed by her scent still everywhere. He lay on the bed and was finally able to sleep. All his dreams were about her but he did not care. When he woke at sunrise he went to his room for clothes and then went to his personal hot spring. He quickly washed his hair and dried. He pulled his clothes on and headed to his study. He sat down at his desk and was about to begin working when he saw the little box. Sesshomaru picked the box up and started sniffing it. He smelled a trace of Kagome's scent all over the box and inside of the box. He opened the box and pulled out a piece of folded paper. Sesshomaru soon realized it was a letter.

Dear Sesshomaru

I know that we did not get along at first and that I left on bad terms but I still think you are a good person. You helped me to escape from my problems for a while and you gave me a place to sleep and allowed me to teach Rin. I just wanted to give you a gift to thank you because words are just not enough. I hope that you and Rin never forget me because I will never forget you two. I hope to see you, Sesshomaru, really soon.
Thank you again.
-Kagome

After reading the letter he found a locket in the box. He opened to locket to reveal a picture of Kagome on one side and an empty spot on the other side. Sesshomaru then closed the locket and tied the leather strap around his neck and hid the locket under his clothes. He knew he would never forget her and he didn't think he wanted to.


I know this chapter is kind of short but it had to be written like this for my story to make sense later. Don't get mad or anything ok. Well tell me what you think and give me some suggestions. Review please.