InuYasha Fan Fiction ❯ The Reality of It All ❯ All For Love ( Chapter 4 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]
I do not own any of the Original Characters. But I soo wish I did. Thank You

Chapter 4-All for Love

Kagome and the rest of their group arrived a day ago to find that Inuyasha and Kikyo were already mated. Kagome had been furious. She wanted to go back to Sesshomaru's and never come back. Kagome cried that night after Inuyasha had surely left.

'Why did I believe he still loved me?'

'Because you didn't want to believe that you had found somebody better than Inuyasha.'

'I don't think I'll ever love again.'

'Yes you will....you already have.'

'What do you mean?'
Her inner voice had already left her and she was left to think of that one statement. She cried herself to sleep before Inuyasha could come back. When Inuyasha returned all he could smell was salt. He walked over to the place where the scent was strongest and noticed that it was coming from Kagome.

"I wonder what she was crying about."

"Probably a trivial matter."

"You’re probably right."

"I wish I had all of my soul. Then I would actually live not dependent on the souls of the dead."

"Kagome would have to die for your soul to be complete."

"Well why don't we kill her then?"

"I don't know. You know I'll do anything for you."

"We need a plan first. We can do it tomorrow after everybody has gone to sleep."

"But what if the others wake up?"

"Then we'll just have to make sure that they are not around when it happens."

"You're so smart. That's one of the reasons I love you." Inuyasha then gave Kikyo a chaste kiss. He soon lay down with Kikyo held close to his heart. They fell asleep with dreams of death in their heads.


Kagome woke the next morning still feeling depressed. She needed somebody to hold her and tell her things would work out. She knew she could see her mother but she didn't want to feel weak. She had not seen her mother for a long time and knew her mother must be worried.

"Hey Kagome. What's wrong? You look kind of down."

"I'm just a little upset Sango. You know about Inuyasha."

"Well try not to think about it."

"Alright but if you want to go home or anywhere at all just tell me ok."

"Yeah thanks Sango." Kagome gave Sango a hug and then walked away from the group to the top of a hill.

"Hey Kagome what was wrong with you last night?" Inuyasha was asking Kagome a question without Kikyo being present.

"Nothing."

"I know something was wrong. I can tell when you’re lying."

"Just leave me alone. Go back to your bitch."

"Kagome would you willingly die so Kikyo can have her soul back?"

"Absolutely not! Inuyasha you bastard! Sit Boy!"

Nothing happened. Kagome was shocked to say the least. Why did it not work?

"Yeah..... About that. Kikyo took the incantation off. So it is useless against me. They are nothing more than some beads on a string." Kagome gasped. This couldn't be happening. It was impossible. She couldn't control anything anymore. Kagome felt more than depressed. She felt useless. Kikyo was a priestess with more training than her. Kikyo could sense the jewel shards. Kikyo was in control of Inuyasha. Kikyo could do anything Kagome could do only better because Kikyo had more training. Nobody needed her.

"Inuyasha go away. I need to be alone for a while." Inuyasha left with a smirk on his face.

'What am I going to do? I have nothing she doesn't....she has everything.'

'You don't need to seek approval or judgment from him.'

'And why not I love him.'

'He is not the one for you. Inuyasha can't let go of the fact that you and Kikyo share a soul.'

'Yeah I guess your right.'
Kagome got up and dusted herself off. She watched the sunset and then walked back to the group. They were gathered around the fire getting dinner ready. Kagome sat beside Shippo who was the furthest away from Kikyo and Inuyasha. After everybody finished eating Inuyasha and Kikyo went off as always while Miroku, Sango, and Shippo lay down to sleep. Kagome sat awake thinking about all that had happened throughout the day.

'What do I do now? I have no purpose in this group. Kikyo control Inuyasha. Kikyo is a priestess with more experience than me but what about my friends. If they need me I'll stay for just a little longer.' Kagome soon drifted off to sleep.


Inuyasha and Kikyo came back to where the group was camped. They were ready to begin their plan. Kikyo lay down and pretended to be asleep. Inuyasha walked over to Kagome and placed his hand over her mouth and here eyes shot open.

"Don't scream. If you make too much sound Kikyo will wake up." Kagome nodded her head in response. Inuyasha motioned for her to follow him and she carefully and quietly got up and followed. She followed him quite a ways away from the camp to an open field full of flowers.

"Inuyasha what did you wake me up for?"

"I need to tell you something."

"Then tell me so I can go back to camp and sleep."

"Kagome, I love you. I never loved Kikyo." Kagome's eyes got as big as saucers at that.

"Are you serious?" Inuyasha then walked close to Kagome and embraced her. Kagome couldn't believe it. She wanted to cry and jump up and down at the same time. Inuyasha pulled a knife out of the sleeve of his robe and stabbed Kagome. Kagome gasped.

"How could you be stupid enough to believe that I would choose a copy over the original?"

Kagome collapsed onto the ground and coughed up blood. She wanted to scream from the pain but could not. Kikyo walked up to her and twisted the Knife before pulling it out. The pain was too much. Kagome was growing cold and breathing was becoming difficult and there was an almost overwhelming urge to close her eyes.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Sesshomaru had felt on the edge all day. There was a voice that kept telling him to go check on Kagome. It was now late at night and no matter what he could not sleep. All of a sudden the locket Kagome had given him burned him as if on fire. He wondered why it was now so hot. He went to untie the locket but the leather strip burned and would not allow him to touch it. He now knew that he had to go see kagome to find out what was wrong with the necklace. He quickly dressed and ran in the direction that Kagome had taken. He came upon their camp and could not find her scent. He ran in one direction uncertain if it were right. He now thought something bad had happened. He stopped running when he reached an open field in which Kikyo and Inuyasha stood. He knew something was going on so he stepped closer and after five or six steps he could smell the coppery scent of Kagome's blood. He ran to her blood drenched body and the locked cooled to the normal temperature.

"Who did this to her?"

"I did." Inuyasha replied.

"Why?"

"The only way for my mate to actually live would be for Kagome to die."

"Kagome will not die today and she will not die by your hands either little brother."

"This is none of your business Sesshomaru." Sesshomaru was ignoring Inuyasha because at that moment he needed to get Kagome to his castle and get her some medical attention. Sesshomaru picked Kagome up and began to walk toward home but was stopped when Kikyo shot an arrow at him. He calmly stepped aside and the arrow zoomed past.

"Wench unless you wish to die today you will not shoot again."

"I have died once before and I will die again."

"Kikyo my love we will get her soul another day. He can have her but we will get her soul soon." Inuyasha said trying to keep Kikyo from getting killed. Sesshomaru glared at Inuyasha with cold eyes.

"Enjoy her while you can Sesshomaru for she WILL die." With that said Kikyo and Inuyasha disappeared. Sesshomaru looked at the now unconscious Kagome and saw that he needed to hurry or she would indeed die. Sesshomaru ran as fast as his demonic speed would carry him and when he got to his castle he slammed the front doors open. Servants came flying down the stairs to see what had happened but when they saw Kagome and their Lord's appearance they quickly called for the castle healer. The old healer, Kazuo came down the stairs in a hurry and upon seeing the girl and smelling not only that it was her bleeding but that she was also close to death he hurried to get her lain in a room. Kagome was placed on her stomach and the back of her shirt cut so that Kazuo could begin cleaning her wound. From the amount of blood loss her surmised that it was deep and would require a lot of bed rest. He finished stitching her up and was about to put a bandage over top when he noticed Sesshomaru was still there.

'He must care deeply for this woman. Even if she is human she is indeed powerful. But there is something about her that seems off.' Kazuo finished his work on Kagome and turned her onto her back and was about to leave.

"Will she make it?"

"If she makes it through tonight she will. I wouldn't get my hopes up thought she has lost a lot of blood. Tonight will be difficult for her."

"I see. Have a servant bring me a change of clothes. I will stay here tonight."

"Yes my lord." With that Kazuo left the room. A servant came back with clothes and a wash cloth. Sesshomaru undressed and washed the blood that had soaked through off. He then pulled his clothes on and threw the bloody ones in the corner. He then sat down beside where she lay and began to think.

'Why do I care if she lives or not? Its not like she is worth anything to me.'

'You have feelings for her. If she were to die you would be overwhelmed with grief.'

'I most certainly do not have feelings for a human. If she died right now I would not care.'

'Oh really then why did you sleep in her room the other night. Why are you sitting here worrying about her? When she left to go see Inuyasha you could hardly handle it. If she were to die you would never see her again and you would grow depressed and die.'

'Leave me alone. You know not of what you say.'
The voice became quiet and Sesshomaru fell asleep beside her. He now knew how little sleep he had gotten while she was gone. When Sesshomaru woke Kazuo was changing the bandages on Kagome's wound.

"How is she?"

"She will live but she needs to rest."

"That is good. How long until she has fully recovered."

"I do no know for certain."

"I see."

"My lord if its not too bold of me to ask. Why do you care what happens to this woman?"

"It is not your concern."

"Yes my lord."

"Have a servant bring me food and water." Kazuo left the room quickly and a young servant brought in a tray of fruit and a pitcher of water. She sat it on a table and bowed before leaving. Sesshomaru ate some and drank the pitcher of water and then fell back asleep. All he dreamt about was Kagome.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

A/N:


It didn't take me that long to write this chapter I mean I started writing it either Wednesday or Thursday and Now I'm done. Well anyways I hope you guys enjoyed it and I will write more later. Mwahaha. Sorry just thinking about what's to come later on in the story. I truly am an evil genius. REVIEW!!!