InuYasha Fan Fiction ❯ The Reality of It All ❯ Lies ( Chapter 5 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]
I do not own any of the Original Characters. But I soo wish I did. Thank You

Chapter 5-Lies

Kagome slept for 5 days and Sesshomaru never left her side. It was now the 6th day and he was growing worried.

'Why won't she wake up?'

'We discussed this yesterday. She needs rest. She will wake when her body is stronger.'

'She smells different right now and I don't know why.'

'Its because she is sick.'

'She always smells good even now she smells great. Where she smelled of roses before she now smells like Jasmine. Her scent has changed drastically.'

He was sleeping less and less each day. Sesshomaru sat in his normal seat beside her and grabbed her hand. He soon fell asleep with his head resting in her lap.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Kazuo was talking to his wife who was also a loyal servant in Sesshomaru's castle.

"I have not seen our Lord in a while. Is he still in that girl's room?" Kazuo's wife was asking questions again.

"He will not leave her room. He hardly sleeps and when he sleeps he is close to her."

"Maybe his youkai has chosen her. She could be his destined mate."

"I don't know but there is something different about her. She always has a sweet scent."

"I don't know. But she looks a lot like the Eastern Lord."

"Maybe she is a distant relative."

"No. She is human and the lord is demon."

"It must just be a coincidence."

"Yeah."

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

When Kagome woke she noticed that the pain was almost gone and there was something heavy on her lap. Kagome leaned up and saw that it was Sesshomaru. Her eyes got as big as saucers when she remembered what happened. Her heart began to race and she wanted to kill Inuyasha. Sesshomaru had been asleep but upon hearing her heart race and sensing her fear he opened his eyes and saw she was indeed awake. He already knew what she was thinking about but he didn't know how she would react to him there.

"Kagome it is alright. Inuyasha is not here. He cannot get you here."

"Lord Sesshomaru, I know he isn't here but I am wondering why I am here."

"I saved you and brought you back here to heal."

"How did you know I was in trouble and why do you care if I am alive or dead."

"The locket you gave me started to burn me and so I was trying to find you to ask you why it was burning me. I could not find you at first but something led me to you."

"Oh, well I don't know why the locket did that. You did not answer my other question."

"I do not know the answer to that one. I have thought about it for the five days you slept and I still don't know why."

"Well when you find the answer I would like to know."

"I will share with you what I wish." After Sesshomaru said that statement Kagome sat there in silence for a while before responding.

"Alright."

"I will send a servant in to help you bathe."

"Yes, Lord Sesshomaru." Sesshomaru then left the room.

Kazuo was not far from the room and upon seeing his lord leave the room he began to worry that Kagome had died. Kazuo ran to Lord Sesshomaru surprised to see no grief in his eyes.

"She has not died Kazuo so do not worry."

"I was just concerned because you were leaving her room."

"Yes, she is awake and I would like for a servant to go and help her bathe." Sesshomaru watched the look on Kazuo's face go from disbelief to relief and then to shock. Sesshomaru walked away with a smile on the inside. Kazuo went to find a servant and found a woman whom even though a servant was beautiful. She had long brown hair with bright crimson streaks. Her eyes were a purple color. She was tall and quite thin but not to thin to be unattractive. Kazuo grabbed her and took her to Kagome's room. The woman slowly opened the door and saw Kagome sitting up with a look of deep thought in place.

"Hello, my lady, I am here to take you to bathe." Kagome took one look at the beautiful woman and knew she was a half demon. She could tell from the two tiny crimson ears on her head.

"Hello my name is Kagome. You do not have to call me lady. What is your name?"

"My name is Izumi and it is only proper to call you Lady Kagome." Something in the way Izumi spoke said that she would not do differently. Izumi walked over to where Kagome was lying. Izumi picked Kagome up with ease and walked out the door. They did not have to go far because there was a hot spring a few doors down. I zumi walked through the door and sat Kagome down. Kagome undressed and was helped into the hot spring.


~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Sesshomaru was in his study thinking about what he was going to do.

I cannot send her back to my brother he will surely kill her. What am I to do?'

'Keep her here and make her your mate.'

'This Sesshomaru has no interest in a mere human.'

'It doesn't matter.'
Sesshomaru was brought out of his thoughts by Myouga who was obviously drinking the Lord's blood. Sesshomaru growled in warning and Myouga hopped off.

"Hello Lord Sesshomaru."

"What do you need of me flea?"

"Simply to ask how Lady Kagome is."

"She is fine. She is awake."

"That is good. But my lord why did you rescue her?"

"I have my reasons."

"Do you have feelings for her?"

"Why would I have feelings for a mere human?"

"She has never feared anybody. She accepts people for who they are and she forgives people she cares about almost instantly. She does not know how to hate." At that statement Lord Sesshomaru became deep in thought again.

'She has never shown fear or hate toward me even though I tried to kill her.'

'Yes because it is not in her nature to hate.'

'But still she is only a human. They are stupid and she.... She’s smart and courageous and......Beautiful. No she's not she is a stupid stinking ugly human.'

'Just face it you love her.'

'This Sesshomaru has no need for human emotions. But she is intriguing.'

"Looks like Lord Sesshomaru is to deep in though to notice you my lady." Sesshomaru had not noticed that Izumi and Kagome had entered the room.

"I noticed now you, Izumi, may leave." Izumi bowed and soon left the room. Kagome just stood there nervous. Sesshomaru looked at her closely she was wearing a dark blue kimono with a yellow obi. Her hair was pulled back with two ringlets hanging down by her face.

"Lord Sesshomaru can you please stop staring. It makes me nervous." Sesshomaru hadn't noticed that he was staring.

"You look very lovely Kagome but you should be lying down. If you remember you are seriously wounded." Kagome was confused.

"What do you mean I'm wounded. When I bathed there wasn't a scratch on me." Sesshomaru was perplexed. How could she not have a scratch on her? It was impossible.

"Leave me." Kagome left the room as quietly as she had arrived.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"How long did Kagome say she'd be in her time?" Sango asked.

"She didn't say so stop asking." When Inuyasha came back to camp 5 days ago they had asked him where kagome was. He very simply told them she went home for a while. Miroku did not believe Inuyasha because Kagome would never leave without saying good-bye.

"Inuyasha maybe you should go and get Kagome." Miroku said trying to see if he could get any real answers.

"No. That wench can stay gone for all I care."

"Doesn't she have jewel shards?" Inuyasha hot forgotten about that.

"Yes but I'll get those later." Miroku was becoming more and more suspicious with every answer Inuyasha gave.

Later that evening Inuyasha and Kikyo went for a walk.

"I forgot about the shards. Damnit now we'll have to face them sooner than planned. Then the others will find out about what I did." Inuyasha was becoming frantic.

"We'll play it off as though she has been driven mad by jealousy. They will assume she is crazy and has betrayed us." Kikyo said in her coldest most manipulative tone.

"I like that idea." Inuyasha said as he wrapped his arms around her.

They woke at sunrise as usual. They had not traveled for long when Kikyo told them she sensed a jewel shard. They had been walking toward the west for around a day.

"Miroku why are we not moving faster." Sango asked in a whisper.

"I don't know. The shard must not be moving or they know who has it."

"That could be." They were very close to Sesshomaru's castle now. They would be at the gat within 2 hours......then Inuyasha would get what he wanted.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

A/N:



Well anyways for all you guys who reviewed Thank You. It makes me so happy to see the little you have a review messages in my email box. Well anyways I will get the next chapter out as soon as possible. Keep up the reviews guys.


Oh and if you know where I got the idea for the line ‘We'll play it off as though she has been driven mad by jealousy.’ I will give you a surprise. LOL. Wait and see. Oh it’s from a movie/musical.