InuYasha Fan Fiction ❯ The Reality of It All ❯ Reasoning ( Chapter 6 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]
I do not own any of the Original Characters. But I soo wish I did. Thank You

Chapter 6-Reasoning

Sesshomaru was in his private study looking at the advanced concealment spells. He knew Kagome was not completely human but he did not know exactly what she was. He was looking at an ancient book when somebody knocked on the door.

"Come in." Sesshomaru spoke in his usual tone. Kagome quickly walked in and closed the door. Sesshomaru looked up in surprise.

"How did you find this room?"

"I don't know. I just kind of sensed your presence."

"Did you know that there is a concealment spell on you?"

"No. I did not. How do you know I do?"

"Well you were seriously wounded for at least 5 days and when you woke the wound had completely healed. No human not eve a miko could heal that fast."

"We better speak with my mother. She will know the answer."

"Where do you live?"

"In Inuyasha's forest."

"I have never seen a house in that forest."

"I lived 500 years in the future."

"How do you get there?"

"Through the bone eater's well. If you wish you may come to my time with me."

"I might to see if you speak the truth."

"When will we go?"

"In 5 days."

"Thank you." Kagome went over to Sesshomaru and without thinking gave him a hug. Sesshomaru was shocked to say the least. Kagome suddenly backed up and began to blush.

"I'm sorry. I was just so happy that I did not stop and think." Kagome hurried and left the room before he could respond. Sesshomaru stood still like that for around 5 minutes and then sat down to continue his search.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Inuyasha's group was resting for the night because they figured they should be well rested for whatever was coming. By now they all knew that they were headed toward Sesshomaru's castle and they knew Sesshomaru was in possession of some jewel shards. Only Kikyo and Inuyasha knew how he got the shards.

"Miroku. I'm beginning to wonder if Kagome will ever come back."

"I have begun to wonder if Inuyasha told us the truth Sango."

"I don't know who to believe right now."

"Me neither. We better get some sleep."

"Yeah, but where's Inuyasha."

"Him and Kikyo left a little bit ago."

"All right. Goodnight Miroku."

"Goodnight Sango."

While Sango and Miroku slept Kikyo and Inuyasha plotted.

"Inuyasha you are to keep Sesshomaru busy while I kill Kagome."

"Why do you get to kill her?"

"Because you already tried and failed. Besides what about your friends? What will they do if you tried to kill her?"

"I don't know what they will do but if Kagome winds up killing you it will be your entire fault."

Kikyo didn't reply she only walked back to camp. Inuyasha followed her like a lost puppy.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Kagome was in her room writing in her diary when there was a knock on the door.

"Come in."

"Kagome your friends are close to the castle. They will be here early tomorrow. My brother and his wench are with them also."

"Inuyasha and Kikyo are here for me am I right?"

"That would be more likely answer."

"Then I will go. I will talk to them."

"No! They will kill you."

"Why do you care?" Sesshomaru left without answering her question.

"Bastard. Can't even answer a simple question." Kagome mumbled to herself.

'Why am I putting myself in danger on purpose.'

'Because you don't want anything to happen to Sesshomaru.'

'He's a demon. He can handle anything.'

'But he can't tell you how he feels.'

'Maybe he is in his own way. I mean he saved my life and he wants to meet my mother.'

'He said he wanted to go to your time. He said nothing about wanting to meat anybody.'
Kagome sat there for a while. Kagome was determined to come out of this alive. Kagome changed into her nightgown and slipped under the covers to sleep.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Sesshomaru was having a hard time sleeping. He could not get his mind to rest.

'What if he comes in the night?'

'He can't.'

'What if he come before I wake?'

'He won't I promise.'

'Maybe I should sleep in her room.'

'Probably would be best.'

'She wouldn't allow it.'

'It's your castle. You can do what you wish.'
Sesshomaru got up and went to Kagome's room. He knocked on the door but nobody answered. He was about to turn away when the door opened to reveal a half-asleep Kagome.

"What do you need Lord Sesshomaru."

"Nothing. I came to guard you in case my ignorant half brother decides to show up."

"I'll be fine I promise."

"Well just to be safe I'm staying."

"Fine." Kagome walked back to her bed and lay down under her covers. Sesshomaru came in the room and sat in a chair. Kagome soon fell into a deep sleep. After a while Sesshomaru went into a light sleep.

Sesshomaru's eyes shot open when he heard Kagome's heart speed up. He rushed to her side when she screamed in pain.

"Kagome wake up."

Sesshomaru got no response. Sesshomaru shook Kagome. Kagome's eyes flew open.

"Don't let him hurt me."

"Who?"

"I don't know. Don't let him hurt me."

"It's all right. It was just a dream." That's when Kagome noticed she wasn't alone.

"I'm so sorry. Don't worry about me." Sesshomaru was about to relax when he smelt her tears.

"What's wrong?"

He got no response.

"Kagome tell me what's wrong."

He was met with more silence.

'She must be scared.'

'Comfort her.'

'How do I do that?'

'Hold her. Stroke her hair.'
Sesshomaru sat on the edge of Kagome's bed and turned toward her. He could tell that she was still crying. He pulled her into his arms and leaned his back against the headboard. Kagome was crying but not as much as she had been. Sesshomaru knew she was trying to suppress her tears.

"Kagome it's all right to cry." Sesshomaru then began to stroke her hair. Kagome started to sob uncontrollably.

"It's all right Kagome. I'll always be here for you." Sesshomaru then noticed that Kagome's breathing had grown even. Kagome was asleep. Sesshomaru lay down with Kagome still in his arms. Sesshomaru was shocked at how natural it felt to hold her and lie next to her. Sesshomaru soon fell into the deepest sleep he had ever had.


Kagome began to wake and felt warmth behind her. She scooted closer to the warmth but felt something on her waist move. She turned to see a sleeping Sesshomaru. He looked to be in a deep slumber. Kagome was surprised how right it felt lying next to him. Kagome reached out and began stroking Sesshomaru's hair. Kagome went to touch the crescent moon on his forehead but a had gently gripped her wrist. Kagome gasped.

"Do not touch this Sesshomaru."

Kagome didn't say anything but on the inside she was seething.

'How dare he say that to me. He's the one lying next to me with his arm draped over my waist.'

Kagome moved to get out of bed but the arm around her waist kept her still.

"Do you mind?"

"Yes."

"Do not touch this Kagome."

"Do not mock me."

"I will do as I please but really would you mind letting go?"

"If you will tell me what you dreamt last night that was so horrible?"

"I will not share my nightmares."

"Then I won't let you go."

"That is perfectly fine with me. I am not the ruler of these lands with a reputation for hating humans. Yet you’re in the same bed with one."

Sesshomaru was silent.

'She has a point but I do not care about my reputation as she put it.'

'Then tell her that don't just lie there with that look on your face.'

'You should really learn when to be quiet.'

"I do not care about what others think. I can be the only true judge of myself."

"That may be so but.... Why do you watch a human child even though you despise them?"

"She is a child who knows nothing of how the regular human act."

"I see. Now that this conversation is over we should probably get out of bed."

"There is no reason why."

"What about Inuyasha?"

"That is true." Sesshomaru then slowly slid his arm off of Kagome. Kagome shivered in delight at the feeling of his skin moving across hers. Kagome got up and went to her dresser to retrieve new clothing. She suddenly heard Sesshomaru's smooth baritone behind her.

"Today's events require you to wear this." Sesshomaru reached over her should to retrieve a set of miko garb. Kagome looked at these clothes and saw Kikyo in almost the same outfit. Kagome wanted badly to turn the offer down but could not.

"Thank You." Kagome finally said. Sesshomaru could tell something was wrong because of her aura of sadness but didn't know why.

"Does it not please you?"

"It’s lovely...."

"Then what is wrong?"

"Kikyo wears the same outfit."

"No she does not."

"What do you mean?"

Sesshomaru turned the shirt over to reveal a crescent moon the same color as the one on his forehead.

"This outfit is very different from my brother's wench's is it not?"

"I suppose you are right." Sesshomaru suddenly felt her aura of sadness dissipate to be replaced by one of happiness. Kagome began to walk toward the door but was blocked by a certain youkai.

"I need to bathe before I dress."

"I did not dismiss you."

"Fine. Dismiss me so I can bathe."

"After you bathe you are to join me in my study."

"Yes my lord."

"You are dismissed." Kagome quickly left the room and headed toward the Hot Springs. Sesshomaru left the room and walked toward his own bedroom.

'Why does she drive me so crazy?'

'She is a beautiful and pure woman.'

'You forget powerful and smart and also she is not beautiful...she is gorgeous.'

'You are in love with her aren't you.'

'I do not know what I am feeling for her right now. I have some feelings but I do not know what they are.'
Sesshomaru was now dressed in his usual clothes with his armor in place.




Kagome had already arrived in the bathing room and was now soaking in the hot springs.

'How can Sesshomaru make me feel that way?'

'He is Inuyasha's older brother. They look almost identical'

'They are completely different people though.'

'They may be different but they still look a lot alike.'

'How he looks does not cause this feeling. It is his smooth baritone, which flows over me like silk.'

'That voice is pretty good.'

'Yes it is very nice.'

'You're in love aren't you.'

'I do have feeling for him and they are similar to those I felt for Inuyasha but yet.....They are somehow different.'
Kagome quickly finished her bath and dressed in the outfit that now reminded her of two people. She pulled her hair into a high ponytail and went to Sesshomaru's study. Kagome stopped in front of the door and was about to knock when his voice came. "Come in." Kagome opened the door and slipped inside quietly closing the door. Kagome sat in the chair that sat opposite him.

"What did you wish to talk about?" Kagome asked.

"We need to discuss what you will do in battle."



A/N:
Sorry for the long wait I was really busy with schoolwork so bear with me if it takes a while. I do appreciate all the reviews I get and I thank each and every one of you. You guys have no idea how helpful it is to know that there are people who actually like what I’m writing. Another reason for the delay is that my home life is getting pretty bad right now cause of certain circumstances that are beyond my control. But you certainly don’ want to hear about that. Well anyways I hope you guys like this chapter and I’ll keep up the chapters as best I can.

All my love and appreciation,
A.B.K.