InuYasha Fan Fiction ❯ The Reality of It All ❯ Always ( Chapter 7 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]
Last Time:

I do have feeling for him and they are similar to those I felt for Inuyasha but yet.....They are somehow different.'
Kagome quickly finished her bath and dressed in the outfit that now reminded her of two people. She pulled her hair into a high ponytail and went to Sesshomaru's study. Kagome stopped in front of the door and was about to knock when his voice came. "Come in." Kagome opened the door and slipped inside quietly closing the door. Kagome sat in the chair that sat opposite him.

"What did you wish to talk about?" Kagome asked.

"We need to discuss what you will do in battle."


I do not own any of the Original Characters. But I soo wish I did. Thank You

Chapter 7-Always


"What would you like me to do?" Kagome asked.

"You will stay close to me at all times."

"Why?"

"So you won't get killed."

"Why do you care so much if I die?"

"I have my reasons."

"Is it because I can sense the jewel shards?"

"No."

"Is it because you can't stand to let Inuyasha win?!"

"No."

"Is it because I'm Rin's teacher?!!"

"No and stop asking all these damn questions!"

"No. Not until you tell me why!"

"Never tell me no! Now do as I say!"

"Then answer my question!"

"I need you that's why!"

Kagome gasped in shock. 'Did he just say he needed me?'

'Yeah I think he did.'

'I wonder why'

'Ask.'

"What do you mean you need me?"

Sesshomaru said nothing as he left the study.

'Why did I tell her that?'

'Because you know its true.'

Kagome could only sit there looking toward the way he had disappeared.

'Could he have possibly meant it that way?'

'Anything is possible.'

'Maybe it was a lie just to make me shut up.'

'I don't think so. You saw how he reacted after he said it.'

Kagome finally got up and followed the direction Sesshomaru went. She found him in the dining hall with a book in his hands.

"Lord Sesshomaru please tell me what you mean when you said you needed me." Kagome said this as she walked toward the table.

"I do not have to explain myself to you."

"Well you can't say something like that and leave without clarifying what you mean."

"I can do as I please." Kagome was standing right beside him.

"You must tell me otherwise I will give myself to Inuyasha." Sesshomaru was looking at a book of concealment spells and hoping she would leave.

"Lord Sesshomaru look at me." Sesshomaru kept ignoring her as if she were not there at all. Kagome reached over and grabbed the book by its spine. She pulled it away from him quite easily and hid it behind her back.

"Now look at me."

"Give that back now."

"No. Not until you tell me how you meant it."

"Do not show this Sesshomaru such lack of respect."

"Answer my question and I'll give it back." Sesshomaru stood slowly and before she could blink he was behind her. Kagome quickly pulled the book to her front. Sesshomaru reached around her waist and pulled her flush against him.

"You can let me go now."

"No I cannot." Sesshomaru did not want to let her go for fear that the new sensations would go away. He turned her around so that they faced each other. Kagome forgot about the outside world as she dropped the book. Neither heard the loud boom of it fall. Kagome was lost in that of Sesshomaru and the feelings he caused. Kagome could feel Sesshomaru's hand through the clothing she wore. His touch burned and made her heart feel about to jump from her chest. Kagome looked into the eyes that belonged to somebody she once loved and had to turn away from him. Sesshomaru stepped back not fully understanding the sudden change in emotions. He saw her expressions change from longing then something he could not explain then saddness and finally pain.

"What is wrong?"

"Nothing that should worry you?"

"If it’s enough to upset you then I need to know."

"You and Inuyasha have the same eyes."

"That may be but we are not the same."

"I know but....."

"Kagome I need you because I don't think I can live without you."

Kagome was about to respond when Jaken came in the room yelling.

"Inuyasha is here."

"Thank you Jaken. You may leave."

Jaken bowed low to the floor and then left without another word.

"Come with me Kagome."

"Yes my lord."

"You may stop calling me lord now."

Sesshomaru walked down the hall to the weapon's room.

"Kagome select a weapon."

"I only know how to use a bow and arrow."

"When this fight is over we'll have to fix that."

"Alright." Sesshomaru went to a different room and came back with a bow so dark of a blue it was almost black.

"This one should do." Sesshomaru said handing it to Kagome.

"Thank You." They left that room and went to the front door. Kagome could sense Inuyasha and he was getting really close. Sesshomaru opened the door and stepped out into the grassy lawn. Kagome followed him close behind. When they had walked past the wall around castle they spotted Inuyasha with Kikyo beside him. Kagome looked to the air to see something coming toward them. As they came closer she saw it was Sango, Miroku, and Shippo riding on Kilala. Her friends could not get any closer because of Sesshomaru's barrier around the castle. Before Kagome could do anything an arrow flew past her face. Sesshomaru grabbed Kagome and pulled her behind him. Inuyasha pulled Tetsusaiga out and charged toward Sesshomaru who quickly pulled Tokijin out to block the attack. Kagome moved to the side and aimed her arrow at Kikyo. Before she could let go Inuyasha pushed her to the ground. He held her down and had his sword on her throat.

"Your life belongs to me." Inuyasha said right before Sesshomaru came close enough to attack. Kagome quickly got up after Sesshomaru passed. Kikyo was nowhere in sight. As Kagome moved to voice this Kikyo grabbed her.

"You'll never escape me Kagome."

"Yes I will." Kagome struggled but could not get free. Sesshomaru was occupied with Inuyasha. Kikyo pulled a dagger from her sleeve. When Kagome looked down she saw the dagger and became frightened. Kagome knew she was going to die right there.

"I'm going kill you nice and slow." Kikyo spoke as she cut along Kagome's arm. Kagome screamed in pain and felt the blood start down her arm to trickle from her fingers. Sesshomaru heard Kagome's scream shortly before he smelt the copper scent of her blood. Sesshomaru was too occupied to go save her. Sesshomaru saw Inuyasha still and knew he could smell it.

"Kagome will soon be dead and then my mate will have the rest of her soul."

"Do not think I will allow her to die."

"She is dying as you speak."

"Why do you wish for her death even though you used to be in love with her?"

"My mate needs her soul simple as that. Besides why do you care if she dies anyway?"

"That is none of your business. If you must know. She is more powerful than you realize."

"What do you mean?"

"There is a concealment spell in place so her true powers are hidden. I already know she is more powerful than your dead bitch."

"That can't be true why would she lie to me?"

"She didn't know. You say you love those two women but then you turn your back on the one who never once asked you to change who you were."

After Sesshomaru said those words Inuyasha gripped his head as if in pain and sunk to his knees. Sesshomaru took the opportunity to run to Kagome.

Kagome was feeling lightheaded.

'Sesshomaru will save me.'

She heard those words over and over in her head. Kikyo began to cut Kagome's other arm but was stopped by a very angry taiyoukai. Sesshomaru grabbed Kikyo by her throat slamming her against a tree. He let his poison slowly seep from his claws. Kikyo began to scream in agony as the poison ate away the skin of her throat. Sesshomaru let her drop to the ground when she lost consciousness. Sesshomaru could not sense his brother within the area. Sesshomaru look to where Kagome lay in a pool of blood. He quickly went to her side. Kagome was barely awake.

"Sesshomaru j-just l-let me d-die. I c-cause only t-trouble for the p-people I l-lo-lo-love m-most." Kagome whispered this low enough for him to only hear.

"Kagome you can't die."

"I w-will die s-soon a-any-anyway."

"I will not allow it." By that time Sesshomaru had let the barrier down allowing Kagome's friends near. Sesshomaru knew in his heart that Kagome would die but he couldn't accept it. As her friends arrived Kagome looked to them and saw them all crying. Kagome gave a little smile to all of them before turning to Sesshomaru.

"I-I've a-always l-lo-loved y-you." Kagome spoke those words with her last breaths as she died. Sesshomaru knew right when she died because her body became unnaturally cold. They all watched as a blue orb came from Kagome's body. It went close to Sesshomaru and slowly moved away to go to Kikyo's unconscious form.

"Sesshomaru what about Tenseiga? Can it bring her back?" Sango said through her tears.


A/N:

Sorry for the long wait I was swamped with book reports, Thesis papers, and Semester Tests. I know this is a bad cliffy but I will be getting the next chapter up soon. I started writing it as soon as I finished this Chapter so no need to worry. It will hopefully be up before Christmas. Please continue to read my story. Lots of love to all who reviewed.