InuYasha Fan Fiction ❯ The Reality of It All ❯ Awakening ( Chapter 8 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]
Last Time:
"Sesshomaru j-just l-let me d-die. I c-cause only t-trouble for the p-people I l-lo-lo-love m-most." Kagome whispered this low enough for him to only hear.

"Kagome you can't die."

"I w-will die s-soon a-any-anyway."

"I will not allow it." By that time Sesshomaru had let the barrier down allowing Kagome's friends near. Sesshomaru knew in his heart that Kagome would die but he couldn't accept it. As her friends arrived Kagome looked to them and saw them all crying. Kagome gave a little smile to all of them before turning to Sesshomaru.

"I-I've a-always l-lo-loved y-you." Kagome spoke those words with her last breaths as she died. Sesshomaru knew right when she died because her body became unnaturally cold. They all watched as a blue orb came from Kagome's body. It went close to Sesshomaru and slowly moved away to go to Kikyo's unconscious form.

"Sesshomaru what about Tenseiga? Can it bring her back?" Sango said through her tears.

I do not own any of the Original Characters. But I soo wish I did. Thank You

Chapter 8-


Sesshomaru had forgotten about Tenseiga. He pulled the sword from its sheath and pointed it toward Kagome's body. Everybody saw the blue orb stop. Sesshomaru felt the sword pulse. He soon saw the demon's of the underworld looking at Kagome's body in puzzlement. Sesshomaru swept Tenseiga through the demons as well as Kagome. He saw the demons disappear but Kagome did not move. All could see that Kagome's soul was confused. Sesshomaru kneeled on the ground pulling Kagome into his arms. He held her close hoping for a miracle. Sango was crying on Miroku’s shoulder, who kept his hands where they belonged. Shippo just stood there in shock.

Kazuo had come outside shortly after Kagome had died. He walked over toward the group and placed a hand on Sesshomaru's shoulder.

"She can still be saved." Kazuo whispered this only loud enough for Sesshomaru to hear.

"How?"

"Tell her you love her. Everybody in the castle knows you do."

"It is not proper for a lord to reveal his feelings to anybody."

"Then let the on you love die and you will follow." After saying those words Kazuo turned to Kagome's friends seeing the sadness they felt.

"Are you Kagome's friends?"

"Yes we are." Miroku answered.

"Then come with me." Kazuo said walking toward the castle. The group looked at each other for a moment and then followed the man. When they reached the inside of the castle Kazuo led the group to a sitting room.

"Why did you bring us inside the castle?" Miroku asked.

"Sesshomaru needed a little time to think."

"Why would that be?"

"He knows how to bring her back but the problem is he won't d what need to be done with others around."

"What does he have to do?"

"He has to tell her that he loves her."

"Is he even capable of love?" Sango said with an angry tone.

"Sesshomaru may hide behind a mask of indifference but he has feelings just the same. He loves Kagome even if he doesn't let others know."

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ ~~

Sesshomaru sat there looking at Kagome's ghostly white face. He ran his fingers through her hair noting the fact that it had lost its usual softness and shine. All of a sudden it hit Sesshomaru exactly what her death meant.

'I'll never hear her voice again or see her odd manner of doing things. I'll never get to hold her in my arms or look into those eyes that show what she feels.'

Sesshomaru was overcome with a deep feeling of sadness and loss. Sesshomaru placed a hand on Kagome's cheek feeling for the first time exactly how cold it was. Not caring if anybody saw Sesshomaru let one lone tear spill from his eye to slide down his cheek. Sesshomaru quickly wiped the tear away and putting his emotionless mask back in place. Sesshomaru looked to see what the orb was doing and was surprised to see that it was closer to Kagome than when he'd last seen it.

"Kagome." Sesshomaru pulled Kagome's body close enough so that he could whisper in her ear. "Kagome. I love you." After those words were said Kagome's body began to glow a brilliant blue. The cuts on Kagome’s skin almost instantly healed. Sesshomaru heard Kagome’s heart begin to beat a low unsteady beat. The color began to come back into Kagome’s face and then Sesshomaru heard her take a deep breath. Sesshomaru could see her breathing and the light slowly dimming. Sesshomaru slowly picked Kagome up and quickly flew to his balcony. He walked over to his bed and laid her down. He moved to leave but Kagome whimpered as if in pain. Sesshomaru decided he would lay down with her and not sleep but as soon as Sesshomaru lay down Kagome unknowingly scooted closer. Sesshomaru now realized that even in sleep she showed how much she cared. Sesshomaru hesitantly pulled her so that her head lay on his chest neatly tucked under his chin. One he was comfortable he closed his eyes and unintentionally fell asleep.


Sango was growing impatient as she sat in her chair. She kept looking at Kazuo who in return began to fidget where he sat.

“Gods I wish they would hurry and get in here.” Sango said as she tapped her fingers.

“Relax they are in the castle and she is alive. We will let them rest and see them tomorrow.” After Kazuo said those words Sango led out a sigh of relief and got up from her chair.

“What do you suppose we do until tomorrow?”

“Jaken will give you rooms and then you may do as you wish so long as you do not disturb Lord Sesshomaru.”

“I guess that’s ok. Just tell us when Kagome wakes up.” Kazuo simply nodded his head.

At that moment Rin decided to come into the room.

“Hello Kazuo. Why are all these people here?”

“Hello Rin. They are here to see Lady Kagome.”

Rin looked at Shippo. “Hello there Rin’s name is Rin would you like to play with me?”

“My name is Shippo and yes I’d like to play with you.”

Rin smiled and motioned for Shippo to follow her. As soon as Shippo took one step Rin began to run with Shippo close behind. After the children had left Jaken came in the room mumbling something about children always getting in the way.

“Jaken please get some rooms ready for the lord’s guests.”

“The lord would not permit smelly humans into his home. This is a trick to get me in trouble.”

“The Lord will make an acception for these humans. If he gets angry I will take the blame.”

Jaken looked at Kazuo in surprise before turning to the guests.

“Come with me.”

Sango and Miroku followed the toad closely up several flights of stairs. Sango already knew she would get lost if she tried walking around by herself. They finally came to a stop in front of an intricately carved oak door. Jaken pushed the door open and led Sango inside.

“This will be your room. If you need anything feel free to ask one of the servants.”

Sango was so stunned by the ethereal look of the room to respond. The walls were a blue color with painted cranes dancing a long the wall as if in flight. The bed looked to be made of the finest oak with sheets the color of newly fallen snow. Sango suddenly realized that Jaken and Miroku were still in the doorway.

“Thank you for this lovely room. I will se you all at dinner.” Sango then closed the door and went about settling into her room.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ ~

The sheer beauty of Sango’s room stunned Miroku. He now began to wonder what his room would look like. Jaken began to walk to the right and Miroku followed. They went upstairs and took many turns and then Jaken stopped in front of a darkly stained Mahogany door. Jaken pushed the door open but stayed outside of the room. Miroku slowly walked into the room and looked around. The room was painted like the night sky with a moon and many stars. Upon the oak framed bed were sheets decorated in the colors of the sunrise. Miroku cold not believe his eyes but of course knew that he was not dreaming.
“Thank You Jaken. This room is very nice.”
Jaken then left the monk to his settling and went to find the children.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ ~~~~~

Shippo and Rin were outside playing a game of hide and seek when they noticed Jaken coming toward them. Rin quickly hid behind a sakura tree. Shippo lay down on the ground and could barely be seen for all the flowers. Jaken slowly walked into the field of flowers.

“Where could those children be? They have to be here somewhere.” Jaken mumbled to himself. Rin and Shippo stifled a giggle as they listened to Jaken.

“Stupid stinking human girl! Stupid little trickster Kitsune! Come here now! Why does my lord have me as a babysitter?” Jaken stood there for a moment and then decided it would be best to wait for the children inside. As Jaken entered the door a young servant stopped him.

“Master Jaken I was just coming to find you and get the children.”

“Well you have found me but the children will be harder. What do you need?”

“I came to let you know that dinner is ready. I would also like to inform you that young Rin is behind the sakura tree and young Shippo is on the ground covered by the various flowers.” As the servant finished her statement Jaken’s jaw dropped and his eyes shrunk to the size of peas.

“How would you know this young servant girl?”

“I saw them from the castle window.”

“Rin! Shippo! Get over here now! It is time for dinner!” Jaken yelled loud enough for the children to hear. Jaken watched as the two came out of the hiding places. He saw that the servant had indeed been right. As the children went inside Jaken began to wonder if Lord Sesshomaru would eat with them or if his Lord was even all right.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ ~

Sesshomaru slowly opened his eyes and wondered as to why nobody had woken him yet. As he went to sit up he became aware of the woman still sleeping ever so deeply on his chest. The day’s events quickly came to him and he pulled Kagome even closer to him.

‘I almost lost her. Now that I have admitted to myself that I love her what will I do when it comes time for her to leave?’

‘You will go on as before but with a heavy sadness in your heart.’

‘Can I stand to lose somebody else? I wonder if there is a possibility of her knowing what I said.’

‘We will figure this all out when she wakes up.’
Soon Sesshomaru heard a light knock on his chamber doors.
“Come in.” Sesshomaru answered knowing full well that it was one of the servants.

The young servant walked into the room and stopped halfway across the room.
“My Lord do you require anything this evening?”

Sesshomaru sat there in thought for a few minutes before answering. “Yes, I would like you to bring a tray of food for Kagome and myself. Fruits will do. Also bring a change of clothes for Kagome.”

The servant bowed and then left slowly closing the doors. Sesshomaru knew he needed to wake Kagome but he wasn’t sure as to how to go about doing such. He knew how to if they were mates but he couldn’t use that particular technique. He then came up with the idea of saying her name until she woke up. He put his mouth close to her ear and spoke softly.

“Kagome.” Sesshomaru grew louder ever time he said her name. After quite a few tries Kagome’s eyes began to flutter open. As Kagome opened her eyes she wondered where the pain had gone. All she could remember was Sesshomaru saying he loved her but now it felt like she had only dreamt it. As she looked around the room she began to realize the room she now lay in was not her own. Where her’s was green this room was black. The sheets were black except for the light blue design in the middle. She turned to the side and saw Sesshomaru leaning closely beside her.

“Sesshomaru am I still sleeping or is this real?”

“This is real and you must eat and then rest some more.”

Kagome only nodded in return. Kagome saw the tray of food and new Kimono on the table across the room. She slowly moved to get out of bed but Sesshomaru placed and hand on her shoulder to stop her.

“Kagome just stay in bed. I will get the food.” Kagome was shocked at his sudden change of behavior and began to wonder what had happened. She quickly brushed it off as to him being in a good mood.

“Thank you but I should probably go to my room anyways.”

“We will talk about that later. You need to eat first.” Sesshomaru then went over to the table and grabbed a plate of food for Kagome off the tray. He then walked back to the bed sliding in beside Kagome. Sesshomaru carefully handed the plate to Kagome who took it. Sesshomaru then went back over to the table and grabbed his own plate. He then slid back into bed and they settled into a comfortable silence as they ate.