InuYasha Fan Fiction ❯ The Reality of It All ❯ Trust Your Heart ( Chapter 9 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]
I do not own Inuyasha even though I wish I did. Thanks and enjoy.

Chapter 9-Trust Your Heart

After Kagome and Sesshomaru finished eating Kagome started to question herself as to why she was there. She remembered the battle and then seeing darkness and then what she thought was a dream and then waking up here.

“Sesshomaru did I die?”

Sesshomaru looked at her in astonishment before responding. “Yes you did but I brought you back.”

“How did you bring me back?”

“With Tenseiga.” Sesshomaru knew that if she remembered anything she would say it now when he was lying.”

“Then it was just a dream.” Kagome mumbled to herself.

“What was a dream?”

“Its stupid but.” Kagome giggled. “I had a dream that you said you loved me. It was a really short dream so I wasn’t sure.”

“It wasn’t a dream.”

“What do you mean?”

“Well after you died there was a blue orb that came out of you and I tried to use Tenseiga but it didn’t work. Kazuo came out and told me that the only way to bring you back was to tell you how I truly felt about you.”

Kagome gasped in astonishment. “Do you really and truly love me?”

“Yes of course I do. I may not show it but I do.”

“Alright. We should really go downstairs and see if everybody is ok.”

“They are all alright and besides it is very late. They will probably have all gone to bed by now.”

“Thank you for saving me but I think I should go to my room.” Kagome knew that this was the wrong thing to say but she couldn’t help but feel as if it were the only way to keep from getting her heart broke again.

“Kagome is that all you can say. I just told you I loved you and you have made no comment on it. Are you afraid that I’ll leave you like Inuyasha did for his whore?” Sesshomaru said this as his anger toward the hanyou grew. If Inuyasha had made it so that Kagome could not love anymore then Inuyasha would have to die.

“I’m going to my room now. I will talk to you tomorrow Lord Sesshomaru.”

“Kagome if you leave this room now you must leave the castle forever! I saved you from death more than once and I will not do it again even if it means my life.”

“Yes my lord. I will leave in the morning with my friends.” Kagome then got up and left the room. She walked to her room and when she walked in the room she was overcome by sadness. She knew that she couldn’t take back her words but she couldn’t let him know how she felt just yet.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Sesshomaru could not believe this girl. He had saved her life at least twice and now she was becoming an unemotional doll. Kagome was beginning to remind him of Kikyo. They both loved Inuyasha and they had both died but Kikyo got Inuyasha in the long run. Sesshomaru mentally slapped himself for comparing the two people. Sesshomaru got up and dressed in new clothes and then went to his private study. When Sesshomaru opened the door he saw Kazuo sitting in a chair waiting for him.

“Kazuo what do you need of me?”

“Sesshomaru I know what happened in your room. I know what you said and I know you didn’t mean it.”

“I meant every word that I said. You have no idea how much I really care for her.” Sesshomaru said this as he walked toward his desk.

“Everybody knows that you love her. The proof of that is in her living itself.”

“She does not feel the same and she said so herself.”

“What she says and how she feels are two different things. Inuyasha repeatedly said he’d never leave her and all even said he loved her but then he went to Kikyo. She doesn’t trust you with her heart because she fears you will do the same.”

“She knows that Inuyasha and I are two different people. She knows that I won’t do that to her.”

“How can you be sure she doesn’t think you’ll leave her? Have you asked her?”

“No I haven’t asked her and besides she is leaving in the morning.”

“She will not be leaving in the morning. She cannot leave this place without hurting herself. Deep down she knows that she loves you otherwise you simply telling her that you loved her would not have worked.”

“Are you saying that you weren’t for sure it would work?”

“No I am simply saying it wouldn’t have if she didn’t love you.”

“So you knew she loved me. How long have you known?”

“I have known ever since you brought her back after Inuyasha tried to kill her”

“Why did you not tell me?”

“I thought it was something you should learn on your own. I can’t hold your hand all through your life.”

Sesshomaru rolled his eyes before standing and walking toward the door. “Kazuo you are my oldest and dearest friend. I hope you are right in your thoughts about Kagome.” Sesshomaru then went out the doors and into the hall. Sesshomaru became lost in his thoughts of whether he should go to Kagome now or wait until tomorrow. Before he knew it he was in front of Kagome’s door with his hand poised to knock. He slowly put his arm back by his side and then went to turn around.

‘What am I doing here?’

‘You are getting the woman you love back.’

‘She doesn’t want me so why push it?’

‘She wants you but you have to give her time.’

‘I guess but what should I say?’

‘Just tell her that you were wrong and that you really care.’

Sesshomaru nodded his head to himself and then turned back to the door. He knocked on the door and stood there awaiting a response. When the door opened he could see the tear streaked face of Kagome.

“Kagome what’s wrong?”

“Nothing.”

“May I come in?”

“Sure this is your home.”

Sesshomaru walked in the room and was overcome by the smell of salt and sadness. He walked over to a chair and sat in it. He watched as Kagome did the same.

“Kagome I am sorry that I lost my temper with you.”

“It is fine. I will be out of here in the morning.”

“I don’t want you to leave. It would hurt me more if you left than if you stayed.”

“Why should I stay? You say you love me but do you really mean it? Or are you like Inuyasha and say you love me just so you can stab me in the back?”

“Stay because you want too not because I want you to. I meant it when I said I loved you and I know that deep down you love me as well.”

“How can you know such a thing when I’ve neither said nor done anything to indicate it?”

“My friend and the healer Kazuo told me how to bring you back. When I saw him earlier he said that the only way that it would have worked is if you loved me as much as I loved you.”

“I will stay but I do not know for how much longer. In a few days we will go see my mother to see what kind of concealment spell is on me.”

“Your friends may stay as long as they like. We will find Inuyasha and his wench and we will make them pay.” With that said Sesshomaru got up from his chair and started toward the door. Kagome’s voice stopped him.

“Sesshomaru will you stay with me tonight. I am afraid that Inuyasha or Kikyo will come back for me.”

“If you like you may sleep in my chambers with me. Nobody will bother you there and there is room enough in there for more than two people.”

Kagome thought for a second before nodding her head in answer. Kagome grabbed a fresh kimono from the trunk and began her walk to Sesshomaru’s room with Sesshomaru following close behind.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ ~~~

Inuyasha awoke in a forest with a headache from hell. He looked around trying to figure out where he was. He smelled blood but could not figure out where it was coming from. He then looked down at himself and saw that he was bleeding but he couldn’t remember why. The last thing he remembered was meeting Kikyo by the well to tell her that it was over and then everything was blank. He heard Sesshomaru’s words from earlier echoing in his head.

‘What did I do to Kagome to make Sesshomaru so mad?’

‘You mean you don’t remember?’

‘No I don’t. The last thing I remember is Kikyo.’

‘Well maybe you should return to your brother and ask him.’

‘No, he’d rip me to shreds the way I’m feeling. Maybe I should see Kaede.’

‘You could do that but I know you won’t get any answers from her.’

‘Why can’t you just tell me what happened?’

‘Because even I don’t know what was real and what was not.’

‘Thanks a lot. You’re just so fucking helpful aren’t you.’

‘Sure whatever you say baka.’

Inuyasha got to his feet and started toward Sesshomaru’s castle. He knew that it was a bad idea but he needed answers about what had happened. He had to know what he did to Kagome and what was going on. As he walked he began to gather strength and his wounds began to heal. Bits and pieces of his memory began to surface as the sun rose behind him. Sesshomaru’s castle began to come into view just as the sun reached the sky. Inuyasha stopped and looked at the castle before giving a sigh and continuing on to the castle.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ ~~~

Sesshomaru woke as the sun began to rise. He noticed that Kagome was not in his room and began to wonder if she had left as she had stated. He hurried to go downstairs and upon reaching the dining area he saw Kagome seated there eating with her friends.

“Kagome you aren’t leaving are you?”

“No, I was just eating with my friends. Is that alright with you?”

“Yes of course.” Sesshomaru scented the air while his face turned dark. “Inuyasha is coming closer as we speak.”

“Yes, I sensed him a while ago and I do know that Kikyo is not with him.”

“Well I will kill Inuyasha before he gets close to you.”

“No, I think we should let him speak this time.” As Kagome said this the main doors flew open revealing a confused Inuyasha. Inuyasha looked at Kagome and Sesshomaru and knew right then that what he had done to her was unforgivable even if he didn’t remember. He stepped forward and into the dining room looking around at all his friends.

“Inuyasha why have you come back?” Sesshomaru asked with his usual icy tone.

“I came to ask Kagome what happened? I don’t remember anything past seeing Kikyo the day Kagome came back. After that it’s a blur and then waking up in the field.”

“Inuyasha, You and Kikyo have tried to kill Kagome twice but you know that already. You also know that I’m the only reason you didn’t succeed.”

“I-I tried to kill Kagome? I’d never do such a thing or would I?” Inuyasha said this as he looked at his claws and then at Kagome.

“Inuyasha you did try to kill me but I do know that you don’t remember that or else you wouldn’t be reacting to this information like you are.” Kagome said this as she placed a hand on Sesshomaru’s shoulder.

“Kagome can you ever forgive me?”

“Yes I can but things can’t go back to the way they used to be. I have moved on and you should too. You love Kikyo and so you’ll never be able to stay true to anybody but her unless she is dead.” As Kagome said this everybody in the room had shocked looks upon their faces except for Sesshomaru who kept his mask in place. Nobody could believe that she was actually going to forgive him.

“Kagome I’m sorry. I should have never hurt you the way I did. I hope you and I can still be friends though.”

“I will be your friend on one condition. And that condition is that you must never be alone with Kikyo again for if you do I will purify your ass strait to hell.” As Kagome said her last statement everybody’s eyes shot to her face. Kagome’s eyes had gone red and looked like she was about to kill.

“Kagome you need to calm down.” Sesshomaru said soothingly in her ear. Kagome’s eyes slowly changed back to their normal color and everybody but Sesshomaru was wondering what had happened. Sesshomaru knew that her inner beast wanted to be let free but couldn’t get out. Kagome just stood there in shock not knowing herself what had happened.

“Sesshomaru what just happened? One second I was looking at Inuyasha through perfectly clear vision and then the next I saw Inuyasha as if he had been dropped into a bucket of blood.”

“It is your inner beast trying to come out. This beast craves blood and until we get the concealment spell taken off this will happen when you get really mad. Once you are back to your true form you’ll have better control over this.”

“Alright but I still don’t feel very good about this.”

“Maybe we should go and see your mother sooner than we planned.”

“Maybe we should but what about Inuyasha and my friends what will they do?”

“They may stay here and Inuyasha will stay here as well for this is a trip only you and I should take.”

“Alright and when do you want to leave?”

“We should set out tomorrow.” As Sesshomaru said this Miroku and Sango left the room with Shippo and Rin following close behind. Kazuo soon came to the room to get Inuyasha so as to treat the more serious of the wounds. Sesshomaru and Kagome soon left the room heading for Sesshomaru’s private gardens. They stopped at the bed of roses and sat on the bench. Sesshomaru turned to Kagome and watched as the gentle wind played with her hair blowing it this way and that. Kagome got up from the bench and walked over to a sakura tree touching the bark as she walked around it.

‘Do I really love him?’

‘Of course you do but do you love him enough to let go of your fear of hurt?’

‘I don’t fear hurt. I fear the pain of loss.’

‘Well maybe you shouldn’t fear it when it comes to him.’

‘Maybe but what if what happened with Inuyasha happens with him?’

‘Sesshomaru has put all of his cards on the table and you are gonna ask that question now. You already know the answer to that question. It won’t happen and if it does then you’ll just have to get over it.’

‘You’re right I should just take the plunge.’

Kagome turned to face Sesshomaru and gave him a gentle smile, which he returned with a smile of his own. Sesshomaru then walked over to the sakura tree sitting underneath it so as to be near Kagome.

“Sesshomaru you do know you look even more beautiful when you smile.”

“I haven’t heard such a thing before but thank you. I like it when you smile as well.”

“How come you’ve never heard that before?”

“I do not smile often and when I do it is not in the presence of others. You are the only person I smile for.” As Sesshomaru said this Kagome began to blush a deep shade of crimson.

“I’m sure you smiled when you were young.”

“As far as I know I’ve never smiled. I’ve never had anything to smile about.” Sesshomaru said this as he stood up to look into Kagome’s enchanting eyes.

“So how is it that you can smile around me?”

“Kagome, I’ve already explained that to you but it is like you haven’t been listening. I love you so therefore I can relax around you.” Sesshomaru said this as he grabbed Kagome’s hands in his own.

“Sesshomaru I love you too but I know that this relationship will never last. I know that you will find a demoness who is worthy of you.”

Sesshomaru smirked. “Kagome if you truly love me then the relationship will last. We do not even know what you are yet but all I hope is that I’m worthy of you when I see you for who you really are.”

“Sesshomaru what are we going to do? I love you but I’m afraid to let go and love freely because of Inuyasha.”

“You just need to trust your heart and you will figure out what to do in the end.” Sesshomaru then sat down pulling Kagome into his lap and tucking her head neatly beneath his chin.

‘What will I do if you ever leave me Kagome?’

‘You won’t lose her because we won’t let her go.’

‘We cannot make her stay if she doesn’t want to.’

‘Well you did hear her say she loves you right?’

‘Yeah that's right she did say she loved me.’

“Kagome do you really love me or did I imagine you saying that.”

“I did say I loved you but that doesn’t mean I’m ready to take things any further than they are right now.”

“Of Course.” Sesshomaru said this as a content smile spread across his face.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ ~
A/N:

Yes I did it. I got a new chapter up before the new month started. I strayed from my usual technique for writing my stories. I didn’t write it in a journal first and then type it on the computer. I just typed it and I think I wrote more this way. Tell me what you think and maybe I’ll continue doing my chapters this way. I’m thinking about going back to earlier chapters and fixing them so that they sound better but I’m not sure cause then you guys would have to go back and read them cause I want to basically redo this story until this chapter. But tell me what you think and maybe you’ll get a new chapter soon. Lots of Love from me to you.