InuYasha Fan Fiction ❯ The Reality of It All ❯ Kagome's World ( Chapter 10 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]
Disclaimer: I don’t Inuyasha or any of the original cast.
Chapter 10-Kagome’s World
Sesshomaru and Kagome spent the rest of the day packing their things and getting ready for the trip they were about to take. Miroku, Sango, and Inuyasha were staying at the castle to watch the children and keep things in order with a little help from Jaken. When it came time for dinner the children were quite sad because not only could they not play anymore but that meant that Kagome and Sesshomaru were closer to leaving. As Kagome came into the dining Hall nobody but Sesshomaru looked up to see her. She wore a red kimono with Dog demons sewn into the bottom outlined in gold. Sesshomaru nodded his head in approval upon her choice in wardrobe. Kagome then noticed that the seat to Sesshomaru’s right was empty and decided to sit there. She looked at all her friend’s faces and gave a deep sigh. She knew that she would have to someday leave them. Kagome was so deep in thought about everything that was going on that she didn’t notice that her food had been set in front of her. Sesshomaru saw that she wasn’t paying attention and leaned closer to her.
“Kagome you should eat before your friends notice you’re not paying attention.” Sesshomaru whispered in her ear causing Kagome to jump. Kagome nodded her head once and then began to eat. As the meal came to an end Kagome noticed that Shippo and Rin were not talking as much as they usually did.
“Rin, Shippo what's wrong?”
“Mom can’t we go with you and Sesshomaru?” Shippo asked as his eyes filled with tears.
“No baby I’m sorry but you can’t. You see Sesshomaru and I have things we have to get done while we are there and you children would only distract us.”
“But Mom we won’t distract you. We promise we won’t.”
“Shippo you cannot go and that is the end of it. The only reason Sesshomaru is going is because him and I have specific things we have to do while in my time.”
“Fine.” Shippo grumbled.
“Lord Sesshomaru can Shippo and Rin please go with you.” Rin asked in her smallest voice
“No Rin there is too much for Kagome and I to do while we are there.”
“But Rin will miss Lord Sesshomaru very much. Rin will also miss Kagome.”
“Rin we will not be gone forever now there will be no more talk about this am I clear.”
“Yes my lord.” Rin said this as she began to cry. Sesshomaru catching to scent of her tears grew quite agitated. Sesshomaru had never liked a child’s tears because they were so innocent and came from somebody who still did not know all the evil that lie in the world.
“Rin, Shippo go on to bed and Kagome and this Sesshomaru will be up in a few to tell you good night.” As Sesshomaru said this Kagome began to look at him in question. Kagome knew that it was still a little early for the children to be in bed. As the servants began to clear the table Kagome and Sesshomaru began to walk to the Children’s room.
“Sesshomaru why did you send the children to bed so early?”
“They were becoming quite irritating and so I decided to send them to bed.”
“Is that the only reason? I saw Rin begin to cry and then I saw you fidget is it that her tears made you uncomfortable.”
“Do not expect so much Kagome. Why would a child’s tears bother me?”
“Because they are tears made by a pure person who doesn’t know what we do about this world.”
Sesshomaru was stunned as to how she could read him as if he were an open book. He had never revealed anything about himself that would suggest that the suggested reason was indeed correct. They continued the rest of the walk in silence not looking at each other. As they reached the children’s room Sesshomaru stopped short. Kagome noticed and stopped to look at him. Sesshomaru looked to be in deep thought about something.
“Sesshomaru what's wrong? Why have you stopped?”
“I just needed to think for a moment that's all.”
Kagome nodded her head and then continued to the door. Sesshomaru followed soon after. When they went in the room Sesshomaru was overcome by the salty scent of tears. It stung his very senses and made his heart feel heavy. Shippo and Rin were sitting on the floor holding on to one another. As Kagome saw this she walked over to the children grabbing them in her arms and holding them close. Sesshomaru closed the door before going to sit on the floor beside Kagome and hold Rin.
“Rin what is wrong with you?”
“Lord Sesshomaru, Rin is afraid that Lord Sesshomaru will leave Rin and never come back for Rin.”
“Rin, Sesshomaru and I would never do such a thing. If we knew the well would work on you and we didn’t have this urgent business to take care of we would take you. I promise that next time I go home you’ll both come a long.” Kagome said this as she stroked Rin’s hair.
“Lady Kagome can I call you mom?”
“Why Rin?”
“Because Rin doesn’t have a mother and you are so nice to Rin. I love you Kagome and I want you to be my mother.” As Rin said this Kagome looked to Sesshomaru for guidance.
“Well, Rin maybe you should see if this is all right with Sesshomaru first seeing as he is your caretaker.”
Rin looked at Sesshomaru with the look of her unvoiced question. Sesshomaru thought about how this would look for his ward to be the “daughter” of the woman he held feelings for. He now noticed that this would work to his advantage.
“Rin you may call Kagome your mother so long as you call me your father.” As Sesshomaru said those word Rin’s eyes began to dance with the amount of joy she felt.
“So now that you two have calmed down it’s time for you to go to bed. I’ll see you before we leave tomorrow morning.” Kagome then kissed each child on their foreheads before tucking them into their own beds. Sesshomaru watched as Kagome did this and wondered for the second time how she would look putting their pups to bed each night. After they had left the room Kagome turned to Sesshomaru and smiled. She now realized that Sesshomaru had changed more than she knew since the first time she’d met him. He was softer now but could be tough if he needed to. Kagome shook her head and smiled as she looked to the front.
“What is so amusing Kagome?” Sesshomaru’s silky voice asked.
“Nothing.” Kagome smiled even more as she knew he would keep asking.
“My dear I do believe you should tell me.”
“Why would I want to do that?”
“Because If you don’t I’ll have to punish you.”
“What kind of punishment?” Kagome asked this knowing that he was only joking with her.
“I might have to make you stay here with Jaken or even better I could lock you in a room with Inuyasha.” Sesshomaru showed one of his rare smiles reserved only for her.
“Well then I might as well tell you why I smiled.”
“Yes do tell.”
“Well I was thinking about how much you have changed since the first time we met do you remember?”
“Yes and it’s something I’d like to forget.”
“Oh but you did try to kill me for a rusty old sword.”
“I didn’t know you and that rusty old sword as you call it is more powerful than any ordinary sword, as you well know.”
“Yes but never the less you still try to kill me.”
“That I did but it is behind us now. Now we should go to bed as well so that we may get an early start on our journey.”
Kagome nodded her head in agreement as they walked to the part of the castle where their rooms were located. Kagome walked to hers and Sesshomaru came up behind her.
“Kagome would you like to sleep in my bed with me?” Sesshomaru whispered this in Kagome’s ear.
“I can’t...I mean it wouldn’t look right.”
“Why do you care?”
“Because we aren’t married and besides why would you want me to sleep in your bed.”
“We may not be married yet but you will become my mate when we return from your time. I care for you more than I wish I did and I want you to be close to me.”
Kagome thought about this for a moment and then turned to look into his eyes. She could see nothing in his eyes but love and adoration.
“Fine I will but nothing will happen. I am sleeping in your bed nothing more.” Kagome then turned and walked beside him to his room.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
The next morning before the sun had risen Sesshomaru woke up to the smell of Roses and wondered as to what it was. He looked down at the Raven-haired beauty lying comfortably on his chest. How he wished he could stay like this forever but he knew that he had to wake Kagome from her peaceful slumber. He leaned toward her and caressed her cheek and watched as her face changed from peacefulness to annoyance.
“Can I have 5 more minutes?” Kagome asked still half asleep.
“No you may not. Kagome you must get up. We are to go see your mother today.” After Sesshomaru said this Kagome groaned and then opened her eyes halfway. Kagome stretched pushing her body closer to Sesshomaru’s without realizing that she might hit him. Sesshomaru saw her outstretched arms coming toward his head and moved to the side before kissing her arm. Kagome’s eyes suddenly popped wide open as if realizing for the first time that she wasn’t alone. Kagome quickly sat upright and looked around the room. Then she looked down to see Sesshomaru staring at her with a smirk on his face. Kagome yawned and then moved to get out of bed but a strong arm held her in place.
“Sesshomaru I have to get up and take a bath before we leave. Please let go.” Kagome said this as she pulled at the arm. Sesshomaru then slowly relinquished his hold on her and crawled out of bed himself. As Kagome made her way toward the Hot Springs Sesshomaru went to wake the children.
After waking the children Sesshomaru went into the dining hall to wait for Kagome. As Kagome came through the door Sesshomaru fell even more in love with her than he thought possible. Kagome wore a dark blue Kimono with a white dog resembling Sesshomaru across the bottom. The obi was a snow-white color with a dark blue crescent moon design on it. Kagome smiled as she saw that Sesshomaru’s mask had slipped to show her that he thought her to be the most beautiful woman. After Kagome was seated at the table Sesshomaru’s mask went back in place and the food was served. The group of people ate in silence except for the children’s idle chattering. After the table had been cleared Sesshomaru, Kagome, the children, and the rest of the group came outside to see the two off. With a tearful farewell between the children and Kagome the two left with Kagome on the back of Ah-Un’s back and Sesshomaru floating on his cloud.
When they had finally reached Inuyasha’s village Kaede was waiting for them beneath the God Tree. As she saw Sesshomaru she bowed deeply showing her respect and then turned to Kagome.
“Kagome my child are you aware that my sister is yet again causing great distress across the land.”
“Yes Lady Kaede. From what Inuyasha has told us she put him under a spell and he doesn’t remember but he does know that he tried to kill me. Kikyo is not my concern at this point but when we come back I might go after her.” As Kagome said the last part she looked toward Sesshomaru as if in question.
“It is important that you do this Kagome otherwise she will collect the shards for Naraku and he will become even more powerful than before and unstoppable. We must work with haste.”
“We will address this issue when we get back from my Kagome’s time.”
Kaede nodded her head in response and began to walk toward the village. Kagome and Sesshomaru turned toward the direction of the well and began to walk. When the well came into view Kagome’s heart began to pound rapidly in excitement. Sesshomaru sensed her excitement and let a small smirk crawl across his face.
“Now how do we get to you home from here?”
“We have to jump in and I hope it will work.”
“Well we better try and see if it does.” After Sesshomaru said this Kagome grabbed his hand and walked to the edge of the well and together the jumped in. After the blue light had receded Kagome looked up to see the well house of her time and upon looking to her right saw that Sesshomaru was indeed there. Sesshomaru pulled Kagome into his arms and jumped from the bottom of the well to just before the doors.
“Sesshomaru you may want to cover your nose with something because once I open these doors the smells will be very strong and different from your time. There will also be a lot of noise but hopefully it won’t be too bad.”
“This Sesshomaru does not fear your time and so I feel no need for these ridiculous precautions.”
“Fine suit yourself. If you pass out it isn’t my fault. I tried to warn you but you won’t listen.” After Kagome said this she opened the door and Sesshomaru’s eyes got real big and he buried his face into Kagome’s hair finding his relief from the foul stench. Kagome just laughed and began to walk toward the house. As she opened the door her mother came rushing at her.
“Kagome I was getting so worried about you. You haven’t been home for a long time I thought something happened to you. Where is Inuyasha and who is this man with you? Did you get hurt or were you just too far away to come home? I’ve missed you and so have Grandpa and Souta.”
“Nothing happened to me mom other than Inuyasha trying to kill me and the man behind me is Sesshomaru and he saved my life. I was far away so even after I healed I couldn’t come see you until now. I’ve missed you guys as well.” Kagome’s mom’s eyes had gotten really big at the mention of Inuyasha trying to kill Kagome.
“Why would Inuyasha try to kill you?”
“From what he has told us he was under a spell that Kikyo put upon him.”
“Hmm. Well you’re ok now and Lord Sesshomaru thank you for saving my daughter.”
Sesshomaru only nodded his head in reply as he was trying to figure out what the wonderful smell was. Kagome noticed he had been sniffing the air and smiled to herself.
“Sesshomaru I think that would be dinner cooking. Mom what are you making?”
“I am making some Domburi.”
“Is it with Oyakodon or Gyudon on top?”
“Oyakodon if that is all right with you.”
“Sounds good mom. Oh Sesshomaru come with me and I’ll show you around.”
Sesshomaru nodded his head before following Kagome up the stairs and watched as she showed him where the bathroom was and all the rooms. Kagome showed Sesshomaru her room last and upon walking in Sesshomaru was enveloped in Kagome’s sweet scent covering every object in the room. Kagome explained to Sesshomaru how all the new stuff worked and answered his questions to the best of her knowledge. A little after six o’clock Kagome’s mom called to Kagome and Sesshomaru telling them that it was time for dinner. As Kagome came downstairs she noticed that Grandpa was sitting there with Sutras in his hand and when he saw Sesshomaru he threw them at Sesshomaru.
“Be gone Demon. Leave my granddaughter be.”
Sesshomaru only lifted a delicate eyebrow and pulled the sutras off.
“Dad you can’t go around doing that especially to an important person.” Kagome’s mother said as she wagged her finger at him.
Grandpa sat in his seat and pouted at his daughter for treating him like a child. Kagome and Sesshomaru then sat down beside each other and began to eat. After dinner was finished Kagome went upstairs to shower and Sesshomaru went into the living room to talk with Kagome’s mother.
“Mrs. Higurashi-”
“Call me Riko.” Kagome’s mother hurried to say.
“Riko I need to speak with you.”
“Well if it is what I think it is then Kagome needs to be present for this discussion.”
“That would probably be best.”
Riko and Sesshomaru then settled into a comfortable silence as they sat with Grandpa and Souta watching TV. When Kagome came downstairs she was dressed in a pair of pink pajama pants and black spaghetti strap tank top. Kagome sat down beside Sesshomaru and he began to stroke her hair as she leaned against his shoulder.